• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

ViciousDS

Banned
Is GAF making a 5v5 MyPARK team?

would be cool to actually have a tournament on here....but we would have to wait a month while people level there MyCareer players legit. I'm not spending VC just to go for that high rating, just play legit. Going to need to, to get badges anyways

Audible

Banned
would be cool to actually have a tournament on here....but we would have to wait a month while people level there MyCareer players legit. I'm not spending VC just to go for that high rating, just play legit. Going to need to, to get badges anyways

We should have a 50 rated tournament.

Shit, the facescan stuff is making me want to get the game on Xbox One too

It makes me wish I hadn't cheaped out and gotten a Kinect-bundled Xbox One instead of just the cheaper Kinect-less one. Heh. Oh, well. I'll get Kinect eventually.

Woo Cleveland

Oh, hey, you. :eek:

Oh, yeah, you had a Cleveland LeBron James avatar a little while ago, no?

Anyway, I don't really have any team biases, but I'll probably use the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, and Los Angeles Lakers for most part. Those are the teams I usually use in NBA games. I was really into the Bulls when I was a kid. After that, I didn't follow basketball too much (still played virtual b-ball, though). I do occasionally watch some here and there, though.
Been thinking about trying to go to some actual games soon. Prices don't seem as bad as I thought. I've only been to one baseball game (Marlins) and one college football game (FIU), both for free thanks to some friends of mine. I've never been to a basketball game, though, despite the fact that it's my preferred sport. I don't know why I typed all of this in here.

Man I'm so torn right now.

PS4

• face scanning
  • more online players

PC
  • Graphics (framerate, 1440p, etc)
  • mods
  • cheaper ($12 in credit on Steam)

ugh...

PS4

• face scanning
  • more online players

PC
  • mods

ugh...

I'm right with you dude. I preordered on X1, mainly for the face scan, but I'm really interested to see the game on PC now that its next gen equivalent.

Saves are local and the game isn't online anymore...

No you don't....it went to an XP system

I wrote a clairfying post above. MyGM has both an XP system and VC. You can use XP for everything, but VC can be used to get to things faster such as more practice time for your team. So it doesn't rely on VC anymore but you can still use it.

ViciousDS

Banned
I wrote a clairfying post above. MyGM has both an XP system and VC. You can use XP for everything, but VC can be used to get to things faster such as more practice time for your team. So it doesn't rely on VC anymore but you can still use it.

I've read the interview so many times, do you havea link for vc being used?

The first question is the question everyone is wondering, will virtual currency play any role in MyLEAGUE?

VC doesn’t play any part in this mode, except that you can earn VC as games are played. MyLEAGUE was created specifically for members in our community that wanted a way to spend their time playing the game at its core.

Do we not have hardcore details on mygm i keep finding shit about my league.

Edit: found it, sorry about that

While optional bonuses will be obtainable with VC the backbone of the mode instead is on a new XP system. Other significant improvements relate to the “conversation system”, scouting, and player progression.

I've read the interview so many times, do you havea link for vc being used?

I read it in a Game Informer article which for some reason my phone won't let me link, but I copied the paragraph about it:

"Visual Concepts is distancing itself from its controversial approach to injecting VC into the MyGM experience last year. In NBA 2K15 the VC is nearly stripped out of the mode in favor of a leveling system where you accrue XP for every action you take. You can still buy persuasive pitches, extra training camps, or the team you work for with VC, but these are optional and can be obtained through a normal XP upgrade path."

ViciousDS

Banned
I read it in a Game Informer article which for some reason my phone won't let me link, but I copied the paragraph about it:

"Visual Concepts is distancing itself from its controversial approach to injecting VC into the MyGM experience last year. In NBA 2K15 the VC is nearly stripped out of the mode in favor of a leveling system where you accrue XP for every action you take. You can still buy persuasive pitches, extra training camps, or the team you work for with VC, but these are optional and can be obtained through a normal XP upgrade path."

Yes, was stealthmode editing my post when you posted. lol

PS4

• face scanning
  • more online players

PC
  • mods

ugh...

If you can spread your time evenly enough, buy multiple platform versions!

I purchased 2K10 + 2K11 on ps3/360/pc, wound up spending 90% of my time on pc (and attempt to play 360/ps3 versions online). Learned my lesson so in 2K12 I only purchased the 360 and pc versions (360 version TWICE actually because I bought the retail disc version on release, and the Games on Demand version a few months later when it was on sale - I had MS Points to burn and was happy to use them on the game lol) ...... Learned my lesson once again and only purchased 2K13 on pc (but did download the ps3 version for free on PS+).

CLBridges

I was planning on getting this day one, but then a literal $2k unexpected bill came knocking...dammit. I think I might have to dig under the sofa and scrounge up the $60 cause I had a lot of fun with 2K14.

I'm buying PS4 again this year (PC only through 2k13), but planning on picking it up on Steam when there's a price drop so I can mod. Wish I could start early working on tools, but given my work load it's probably better if I don't.

I wonder if they will allow voice chatting in the park, like not just limited to players on your team

remember standing in circles for a 5 on 5 and people just walk by, even when there are 9 people standing, they walk by, made me go :/

Oh, hey, you. :eek:

Oh, yeah, you had a Cleveland LeBron James avatar a little while ago, no?

Anyway, I don't really have any team biases, but I'll probably use the Miami Heat, Chicago Bulls, and Los Angeles Lakers for most part. Those are the teams I usually use in NBA games. I was really into the Bulls when I was a kid. After that, I didn't follow basketball too much (still played virtual b-ball, though). I do occasionally watch some here and there, though.
Been thinking about trying to go to some actual games soon. Prices don't seem as bad as I thought. I've only been to one baseball game (Marlins) and one college football game (FIU), both for free thanks to some friends of mine. I've never been to a basketball game, though, despite the fact that it's my preferred sport. I don't know why I typed all of this in here.

I'm cursed with being a Cleveland sports fan, so maybe this is the year the curse is lifted? ;o

I probably won't buy 2K15 but it'll be cool everyone picking the Cavs for a change. Even last time he was here he wasn't this good nor were the Cavs this stacked.

ill be subscribing to this thread to see what people's thoughts are about this game, i haven't bought an nba 2k game since 2k12 because the passing was utterly broken, the players were wayyyy too heavy, and of course that shot clock cheese, along with home court cheese to go along with it, not too mention how the cpu on the defensive end would magically catch up to you every time on a break away fast break, it looks good but i'll wait to see how it turns out

ajb1888

Banned
Will be nabbing this for my 360
(One more year until I graduate to PS4 lol)

My Trail Blazers should be pretty good this year!!

LeBron back in Cleveland, and the Charlotte HORNETS are back! Just like old times =)

MCasey

If I scan my face at a friends house I'm wondering if it saves to the 2k servers where I can access it from another console?

CD'S BAR

getting this tuesday. i hope the menus and gameplay are a significant upgrade from last year because the graphics look about the same. at least make the menus good. also i hope they put back that create-a-team mode that they removed from 2k14 (at least on ps4) where you can make your own jersey's and stuff.

Fjordson

getting this tuesday. i hope the menus and gameplay are a significant upgrade from last year because the graphics look about the same. at least make the menus good. also i hope they put back that create-a-team mode that they removed from 2k14 (at least on ps4) where you can make your own jersey's and stuff.
Lawd yes. Menus were garbo last year.

So who's making a scrappy white point guard?
Me sorta. But I recreate myself for My Career, so I end up being a 6-4 beast of a point guard.

6-4 part is true to life, not so much the beast part

Pre Ordered on X1.

I really want to try the face scan to see how it compares to EA gameface (which is really good in FIFA, not so much in UFC).

One front facing shot with the kinect seems kinda too easy, I bet the scanned faces will look ugly as hell

If I scan my face at a friends house I'm wondering if it saves to the 2k servers where I can access it from another console?

Even if they don't save to their servers, you could just upload your game save onto the ps plus servers and retrieve it from your console

Mims

Any information out if MyPlayer is still going to be online only? Last year nobody mentioned it at all and yeah still kinda mad about that.

Fellaz, 2K15 identical this year 1080p on both consoles( ps4/x1 ) ? Just looking for the best ver. I'm always facing this dilemma having both consoles. I get a headache just thinking about it with upcoming releases like: Aliens, Evil Within, AC, COD and so on...

ViciousDS

Banned
Fellaz, 2K15 identical this year 1080p on both consoles( ps4/x1 ) ? Just looking for the best ver. I'm always facing this dilemma having both consoles. I get a headache just thinking about it with upcoming releases like: Aliens, Evil Within, AC, COD and so on...

They were both 1080/60 last year. Only difference was some minor AA, i wouldn't worry to much. If you are worried just wait till a DF article

LuchaShaq

Banned
Anyone know if you can do an online association with just two people this year?

My most wanted feature.

In the older 360 2k games me and a friend would save a multi team association to a memory stick and pass it back and forth.

Couldn't do that in 2k14 for ps4, and online associations required more than 2 teams if I'm not mistaken.

I really hope this is in 2015.

Just watched a ton of the face scan videos on YouTube and I'm sold. Gotta get the Ps4 version over the PC. It works better than I imagined it would.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
we're about to get the 2K7 of this gen brehs. I can feel it.

2K pls

Furyous

I hope they have an archive mode of infamous moments in NBA history. I need the last few Dan Lebatard unhinged moments included. I need this as archive music and possibly DLC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZr2qOXQJ4w

Cleveland went from alleged laughingstock of the league/young team on the rise to alleged championship contender in one offseason. We went from pray Dion and Kyrie mesh with Wiggins to HAPPY LEBRONUKKAH! We went from mistake by the lake to BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE BANDWAGON IS CLOSED, WORSHIP US YOU HEATHENS.

I hope MyPlayer has a complete overhaul. Bring back cribs mode. I want input on signings and the ability to put together a big 3.

BadRNG

Even if the PC version is supposed to be same as the next gen this year, the PC versions of NBA2k haven't gotten the same level of support that their console brothers have gotten for years. Late, sometimes even non-existent, patches and even worse online . Mods can help somewhat but I'd expect the console version to be the best until proven otherwise. I wouldn't be surprised if there end up being optimization issues to go along with the potential for better graphics either.

I'd love to be wrong though, would probably buy the game on PC again down the road if it ends up not being the usual half-hearted effort

Top Bottom