• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA 2K15 |OT| Everyone picks Cleveland

Huh. It's actually a bit smaller than the previous game. NBA 2K14 is 41.8 GB on PlayStation 4, and 43.15 GB on Xbox One, according to Eurogamer. Not sure what uses up so much memory, but I guess that the audio makes sense.

They could cut the sizes of some of these games down considerably if it weren't for some of the audio stuff. Some people don't have the setup/system to take advantage of that stuff. I'm willing to bet money the majority of people who game on console and PC play with the the sound from their TV or the onboard audio from their mobo..

Make all the uncompressed high quality stuff an option install/download

Justified

They could cut the sizes of some of these games down considerably if it weren't for some of the audio stuff. Some people don't have the setup/system to take advantage of that stuff. I'm willing to bet money the majority of people who game on console and PC play with the the sound from their TV or the onboard audio from their mobo..

Make all the uncompressed high quality stuff an option install/download

That and also 2K14 was the first Current Gen version, probably cut some bloat out once their engine matured

I'm watching the streams online of the game now and the game looks even more detailed then last years game with even more options. Not regretting my preorder so much now LOL!!

Bacon

How easy is this to play? I have never spent any time playing a basketball video game. Are the controls difficult to learn or are they pretty straight forward?

It's pretty easy to play at a baseline level but it has a high skill cap. Easy to play difficult to master type thing.

How easy is this to play? I have never spent any time playing a basketball video game. Are the controls difficult to learn or are they pretty straight forward?

If you haven't played a game in the past it'll be a steep learning curve. Make sure you do the Tutorial in game a few times to get use to the game or you'll really struggle.

ViciousDS

Banned
If i remember correctly this was the first next generation title to bring out amazing clothing physics correct? I meab it was sick to pull off a dunk and watch free flow clothing physics go to work.

demolitio

I'm happy since the Cavs will be amazing, but annoyed that it will be the new bandwagon team and I'll automatically look like one of them despite living in Cleveland and suffering when the team was horrid.

I had no problem beating people last year with the Cavs since fundamentals actually matter in 2K, but now I'll feel dirty.

Messi

Will we be forced to play D with James Harden again this year or can we leave him at the other end of the court?

So you're telling me I still have to split Virtual Currency between MyPlayer and MyGM mode? effectively neutering the maximum potential of playing both modes at the same time for another year? In a game i'd be paying $60 for? Sigh. Another no sale for me.

Yes or play MyLeague and not have to split them.

I should clarify. In MyGM they do have a new XP system that you use in the mode. VC is still part of it, but used to but boosts that you can get using XP, but VC would let you get to them earlier. At least according to what was detailed in Game Informer. Sounds like you can basically play MyGM without ever needing to spend VC.

Currently replaying rookie showcase because their attempt to save to the 2K server didn't work. Man if they still do this in 2K15....

I always seemed to get drafted by the Rockets year on year in MyPlayer (2K11 - 13). When doing my own Association mode I would pick the Bulls (tradition for me since Total NBA '97 on the playstation). Occasionally I will branch out and pick random teams like the Pistons or Pacers.

Looking forward to the pc version, I skipped 14 (even though I did download it as the free PS+ game months ago, I never officially played it).

ViciousDS

Banned
I am a Bulls fan, wishing all the best for my man D-Rose!

Last gen I had 2k11, 2k12 and 2k13.

I want this game but I am low on money. :(

Will there be a Demo??

as per operation sports

According to the PlayStation.Blog, it doesn’t look like we will see an NBA 2K15 demo this week. Demos typically release 2 weeks before the game releases to stores, which means we probably won't see one this year, for the second year in a row.

We have reached out to 2K for confirmation and will update this post when we hear back.

UPDATE: Just received confirmation, there will be no NBA 2K15 demo this year.

cripterion

Sorry to disappoint, but the scanning is for 3D space. It requires you to turn your head so it can scan the shape of it. 2D things shouldn't work. :/

If you happen to have "celebs or ect" hanging around your home, though, then you're good to go.

Anyway, I'm really tempted to get this next week, but I feel like I should wait, even though I really want it. Heh.

lol now I just picture the guy harassing celebs to come over to his house to get their face scan for NBA2K15

Hopefully they have voice acting options for your player this year, I'm sick of my player sounding like a white guy trying sound like a black guy when I want him to be a white guy trying to sound like a Chinese guy.

You mean the guy sniffing like an addict all the way through the story?

hoserx

First off I'd like to thank THEBASEDGOD for everything he does. His thoughts and movements are what make seasons change, and subsequently we are able to grow crops and enjoy food. #TYBG

I approve of this OT and think it should be read while listening to the Hoop Life mixtape:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=namp--Q5Ba4

v9fyDgM.jpg

Top Bottom