• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weevilone

I think everyone who isn't a fan of these two teams would rather see a competitive series instead of blowouts.

Or lapsed fans, college fans, etc that tune in once a year to check the game out and say.. nope. That's pretty much what I did. There's no entertainment value here.

I'm guessing it's tough for people to watch LeBron get shitted on, they idolize him. How was it cool though for him to do this with his supersquads to the east? That wasn't boring? Nah it was cool because it was Bron Bron doing the thrashing.

Now suddenly KDs a bitch for chasing his ring, and the NBA needs to step in. Only NOW is it a problem. EL OH EL.

Nah, it's equally stupid.

It has nothing to do with Lebron. Similarly to the way Lebron was shitted on for the mere thought they might need another player to compete with GSW earlier this year, it rubs people the wrong way that the "greatest team of all time" and previous champions needed KD.

They didn't "need" KD, they had the opportunity to sign the best FA in the market since Bron, of course they should have done that, they'd be idiots if they hadn't. That's not "need" that's playing with house money.

LionPride

Banned
Like, this is all a catharsis for the Warriors after such a long time. I guess they the bad guys for doing what every fucking team tried to do and got KD?

cyborg009

Banned
I'm guessing it's tough for people to watch LeBron get shitted on, they idolize him. How was it cool though for him to do this with his supersquads to the east? That wasn't boring? Nah it was cool because it was Bron Bron doing the thrashing.

Now suddenly KDs a bitch for chasing his ring, and the NBA needs to step in. Only NOW is it a problem. EL OH EL.

TBH it was really the whole thing about joining a 73-9 team thing.The warriors didn't need him to go back to the finals.

rambis

Banned
They didn't "need" KD, they had the opportunity to sign the best FA in the market since Bron, of course they should have done that, they'd be idiots if they hadn't. That's not "need" that's playing with house money.
They do need KD. If this was last years team with Curry/Klay playing this weak we are looking at Cavs in 6. Easily.

charsace

So what? We saw this year, KD moving or staying would change only one other team, and the playoffs were complete crap because EVERY other team sucked. So you add one more competitive team to the mix, then the playoffs are the conference and NBA finals instead of just the NBA finals.

The shifting order of who gets 3rd-16th place in the playoffs is utterly meaningless, because the regular season had a bunch of entertaining teams and ball even if those teams weren't great record wise.

There's no fix that removes these two teams from the equation.

The NBA has always been this. There are 2-5 teams that are competitive and everyone else is fucked. This isn't anything new. Salary cap and money sharing has kept it from being worse, but of course it still happens.

Marvin Lewis will do that to people. I should know--Jeff Fisher used to be my team's coach.

I expect a great game out of Cleveland in Game 3.

From there, who knows?
I mean you talking about a guy who is a fan of a team that can't win a playoff game. I lose hope easily...sadly and I hope Cavs can win in Cleveland.

LionPride

Banned
TBH it was really the whole thing about joining a 73-9 team thing.The warriors didn't need him to go back to the finals.
But they'd be stupid not to go after one of the best scorers of all time if they feasibly could. And they did. They ain't makin moves to appease to people, they tryna win

lmao, these takes

look at past NBA eras

Member when Jordan would have won 9 in a row if not for his dads getting murdered? Member how the only other team to win when he left was the Rockets who had the second best player in the league?

Sure, maybe their paths to get there were harder and teams pushed them to game 7's. But ultimately that's just looking at who came in 5th or 6th and going "man we need more teams like that".

The only sport with Parity is baseball. The others have the illusion of it, Basketball doesn't even have that, and if you expect it, you're a fool.

There is a point where money has diminishing returns for the nonmaterialistic.

Possibly, but I doubt it. It's going to be a hard sell to tell Klay and Draymond that they should keep on taking less money than they can to be the 3rd and 4th most popular guys on a team when other teams will be more than happy to max them out and make them the face of the franchise.

It also depends on what Steph does. If he cashes in this offseason, which he should, good luck telling other guys that money has diminishing returns.

Ainge gonna end the Warriors next year
He's ready

LeBron will trade Love , etc for Crowder, Smart, Bradley, 2018 nets pick
👀

Every time you bring up this trade I hate it more.

I hate the Warriors

Ok. That's fine. I get that you are upset.

half there fans are band waggoneers who abandoned Lakers once we became ass

That's a bit of hyperbole but the fact is, most successful teams generate a ton of fairweather fans. It happens with every fanbase. Where did all these die-hard Patriots fans ( brand new fans like like Sanjuro, Lyle, bread, frisky, etc.
love you guys
) come from pre-2002?

There were a LOT of GSW fans before and after their success. They are just a lot louder now. It's their time to shine. We had ours.

Most artificial fanbase in the league

See: Above

I want Lonzo Ball already

Lonzon Ball isn't gonna do anything in terms of us competing for a championship anytime soon. We aren't even better than the 9th and 10th place teams in the league. We have to rebuild. It will take time and years.I'm ok with that, especially now with the Cavs and Warriors (and Spurs) beasting.

The last thing I would want is, a Clippers-level team, with all of my players in their prime, running into a buzzsaw every year in the playoffs, leading to endless frustration. No thanks. At least with a young Laker team, I can watch them grow over the next few years and hopefully gel into something.

Our rebuild couldn't have come at a better time. :)

The NBA has always been this. There are 2-5 teams that are competitive and everyone else is fucked. This isn't anything new. Salary cap and money sharing has kept it from being worse, but of course it still happens.

Which is my point, you need to fundamentally alter the entire league if you want to "fix" this and even then I don't think you can.

What does this even mean? 29-13-11.

Exactly, nobody can blame LeBron for this finals loss, he literally ran into a buzz saw there is maybe a handful of teams in the history of the nba that could beat this dubs team in this era. LeBron even said after the ecf "I don't want to think about the dubs it stresses me out".

rambis

Banned
But they'd be stupid not to go after one of the best scorers of all time if they feasibly could. And they did. They ain't makin moves to appease to people, they tryna win
I doubt the ire is on GS as an organization. Rather KD for choosing that team...

They wore LeBron's ass out, he was nothing to be concerned with after the middle of the 3rd. If they lose game 3 he's going to quit just like in 2014.

Exactly, nobody can blame LeBron for this finals loss, he literally ran into a buzz saw there is maybe a handful of teams in the history of the nba that could beat this dubs team in this era. LeBron even said after the ecf "I don't want to think about the dubs it stresses me out".

He gave everything he had tonight and still lost by 30.

That's all he can do, if Kyrie isn't gonna pick him up, there's nothing left but to move on and hope his robin can get right for the home 2.

Anticol

Banned
If the cavs were free to pick any players they wanted from outside the warriors, could they win?

They pretty much have done that, and they still cry and complain. I wanna see Lebron take a pay cut, a big on just like durant's and then get another great teamm8. But he will never do that.

DDwkmdb.png

lmfao

nah, tis not

Tell me how many other times did we have the same match-up in the finals 3 times in a row?

Jordan's Bulls they faced a lot of different teams in the Finals.

Celtics and Lakers in the 80s had a lot of different teams challenging them and pushing them.

Cavs and Warriors got fuck-all to compete with.

Miracle

Lonzo Ball isn't gonna do anything in terms of us competing for a championship anytime soon. We aren't even better than the 9th and 10th place teams in the league. We have to rebuild. It will take time and years.I'm ok with that, especially now with the Cavs and Warriors (and Spurs) beasting.

The last thing I would want is, a Clippers-level team, with all of my players in their prime, running into a buzzsaw every year in the playoffs, leading to endless frustration. No thanks. At least with a young Laker team, I can watch them grow over the next few years and hopefully gel into something.

Our rebuild couldn't have come at a better time. :)

I do agree that the rebuild is perfect timing. Let the Warriors have their dynasty for the next couple of years while the Lakers let their future core grow beastly.

Ball/DLO/Ingram/Randle/Zubac is gonna be fun as hell to watch next year.

phanphare

Banned
Which is my point, you need to fundamentally alter the entire league if you want to "fix" this and even then I don't think you can.

does anyone actually want that tho? I know there's a shit ton of salt about the warriors right now but the NBA has always been a super star led league and personally I wouldn't have it any other way

Member when Jordan would have won 9 in a row if not for his dads getting murdered? Member how the only other team to win when he left was the Rockets who had the second best player in the league?

Sure, maybe their paths to get there were harder and teams pushed them to game 7's. But ultimately that's just looking at who came in 5th or 6th and going "man we need more teams like that".

The only sport with Parity is baseball. The others have the illusion of it, Basketball doesn't even have that, and if you expect it, you're a fool.

The nfl with it's one and done system also leads to a variety of champions. Were that sport best of 7 the past decade truly would have been the patriots invitational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom