• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miracle

Three things:

1. Cleveland got hot from 3, only need 1 of 3 games where they're back to their average this series.

2. Don't think Curry goes cold again.

3. Probably the worst officiated game since 06 with the Heat, maybe even back to the Lakers/Kings game of 02. I'd say even the NBA was embarassed at the officiating.

1. I do agree.

2. He most certainly can. This is Finals Curry we are talking about.

3. Horribly officiated game but Game 2 2008 Finals will always be the worst officiated game ever.

overcast

tumblr_orbcznYeqF1vkpf4po1_1280.jpg
Lmfao. This combination.
I don't know. After the suspension last year he was incredible in game 7, by far the best Warrior on the court.

I'm hoping this was close enough to the edge for him to get it out of his system and come back down a bit.
Dray gained so much respect from me in that game.

1. I do agree.

2. He most certainly can. This is Finals Curry we are talking about.

3. Horribly officiated game but Game 2 2008 Finals will always be the worst officiated game ever.

Curry has had a great series up to this point and I hate this narrative he doesn't play well in the finals. He averaged 26/6/5 in the 2015 finals.

He seemed to cool down after sitting at the end of the 3rd, the camera was watching him on the bench chilled bouncing around the music while they checked the Zaza/Shumpert loose ball incident.

Note to the Warriors PA, whenever Draymond gets angry play that song, play it as much as you're able to get away with it.
That was just a show.
I don't know. After the suspension last year he was incredible in game 7, by far the best Warrior on the court.

I'm hoping this was close enough to the edge for him to get it out of his system and come back down a bit.
He is always going to aggressively complain about calls. That's just who he is and hr doesn't seem intent on changing. I'm hoping he can contain himself for next game.

Steve Kerr had a chance to call out the officiating like Grizzlies's coach and he failed.

That rant by Fizdale changed the complexion of the series for Memphis and the games were reffed fair.

Kerr I hope you don't fuck up because you already have a lot of asterisks on your coaching resume

VeeP

I think Draymond will control himself more next game, but it just depends if he's baited again. He knows he fucked up last year.

GSW need to do something about Steph getting rocked every second when he doesn't have the ball. And tighten up their defense.

Feels like a repeat of last year. Cavs go physical, refs call are questionable, cavs figure out how to attack the warriors, warriors became flat and passive as they can't get their offense going.

Wow Curry really did have a bad game.

Shot under 40% and had 4 turnovers. This probably hurt his chances for FMVP.

1 bad game negates his entire series (though I think Durant is winning FMVP)?

Cavs also played him way too rough. Draymond and Zaza get called for doing anything hard on Lebron/TT/Kyrie, but none of the Cavs guys get called for going hard on Steph and even Klay. Of course that will take its toll on them.

Vestal

Key was the defense on Curry tonight.

Interesting too as Durant worked REALLY hard tonight and was pretty gassed at the end. Cavs executed their game plan really well tonight 🏀

Jefferson was on Durant hard.. Even though Durant scored 30+ he had to work for most of it.

bionic77

GSW came flat, but I thought that the way the refs called the 1st quarter didn't help at all. That disparity was huge and stopped any kind of momentum from building up.
Officiating was horrible but it might have been close if the Warriors matched the Cavs energy.

I can't feel too bad for the Warriors when they have 2 home games left.

trixx

man the refs were pretty shitty this game. Game 5 lets make this a series. Good stuff from J.R. Smith today and Tristan Thompson did his part. Richard Jefferson playing hard. No need to say anything about the 3 main guys.

Crazy thing is it never felt like Warriors were out of it till like last 3 minutes.

effzee

Just caught up. Terrible calls but they went but ways so I don't see how anyone can claim the refs tipped the game one way or other.

Cavs are such a dumb team though. Had they not had a brain fart the last 4 minutes of game 3 this could be a real series tied 2-2.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
The problem is that the Cavs were allowed to body and hold Steph and the Warriors but when the Warriors turned up the aggression on the Cavs they were getting whistled. This led to players racking up fouls and forced them to lay off offensive players. At that point the Cavs were dictating the physicality of the game and that's a problem for the Warrriors. There's nothing wrong with allowing a more physical game but it has to be for both sides.

Brinbe

lol, everything that could go right went right. Ridiculous 1st half+home cooking from the refs will make it tough for any team.

Dubs will kill them once they get back home. But at least they denied history, right?

The problem is that the Cavs were allowed to body and hold Steph and the Warriors but when the Warriors turned up the aggression on the Cavs they were getting whistled. This led to players racking up fouls and forced them to lay off offensive players. At that point the Cavs were dictating the physicality of the game and that's a problem for the Warrriors. There's nothing wrong with allowing a more physical game but it has to be for both sides.

Exactly.

yuraya

Just caught up. Terrible calls but they went but ways so I don't see how anyone can claim the refs tipped the game one way or other.

Cavs are such a dumb team though. Had they not had a brain fart the last 4 minutes of game 3 this could be a real series tied 2-2.

Point is the refs brought the game to a complete halt several times in the 3rd quarter with all the review nonsense. They basically gave everyone a 2nd halftime worth of rest which benefited Cavs a lot. They didn't let them play all game long really with all the bad calls left and right.

Cracklox

Getting flashbacks of Sonics/Bulls from 96, where the 72-10 bulls went up 3 zip, and the Sonics got a couple of consolations wins to make it look like it was a series, but it never was really.

Still remember my mum giving away the result of game 4. She wasn't into hoops at all, but knew I was and followed the Sonics. She saw the result and and came into my room to excitedly tell me. Where I'm from, at the time I had to wait for replays late at night, and was hanging to watch the game, and avoiding the result. Needless to say I wasn't real happy, and it's something I still bring up with her occasionally to this day (jokingly now of course. Sort of...)

TTG

I hope so. His effectiveness this series continues to tank by the quarter.

I'm not going back to watch that marathon of bs, but it Zaza was on Love at least twice really early and Thompson was getting rebounds. So, I don't know if the Cavs made it a mission to get him to switch or what, but that affected them early.

As long as Zaza is not getting killed in pick and roll, he's worth it for the minutes he's out there.

Anyway:

166.gif

Let's get some better refs and take it again from the top in a couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom