• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suplexer

tumblr_orbcznYeqF1vkpf4po1_1280.jpg

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
You can pass it to yourself if it hits the backboard.
While in the air and then come down and jump again? I always understood you could pass it to yourself off the glass if done pre jump and then finish while in the air? How can you jump, throw it off the backboard to avoid coming down for a violation and then get another jump? If that's legal I apologize because I was tought differently.

Game 5 gonna be so good. Warrior's gonna be extra motivated because the whole 3-1 thing, plus home court where they already blew out Cavs twice.

It will be interesting how Cleveland comes out to play on that game. Will they come out like men on a mission on this one or will the play more relaxed? The energy they had tonight from the start was just unreal.

Meanwhile, Curry looked like he didn't give a single fuck and would rather be at home playing videogames.

bionic77

In fairness, I never understood why the home team gets favourable calls. Your job as a ref is to manage the game and be impartial.

Hot take: I can't wait for automation to eliminate human ref jobs.
/s
Refs call games different ways.

You have to adapt to how they are calling it.

Honestly though the refs did not determine this game. I felt GS came out flat. I think they won the series in game 3 (like most of us). BeCleves showed a lot of heart in protecting the sanctity of the 2001 Lakers playoffs record. I will be forever grateful Bron!

VeeP

It will be interesting how Cleveland comes out to play on that game. Will they come out like men on a mission on this one or will the play more relaxed? The energy they had tonight from the start was just unreal.

Meanwhile, Curry looked like he didn't give a single fuck and would rather be at home playing videogames.

Yep, tbh last two games Warriors came out like that. Cavs came out with a punch both times. So it'll be interesting. They should have the do or die mentality.

Hmm idk what to make if this, it's hard getting hopes up for game 5. This game was basically an anomaly compared to the past 3 games 🤔. Perfect set up to have your expectations shattered. Damn hard to call

He was too busy being raped on the court, live on tv, and no one bothered to intervene.

It's amazing what they wouldn't call on one end, but call for 1/5 the contact of that on the other end.

Absolutely absurd. How anyone could pretend this was a fairly or even properly officiated game is obviously just trolling.

Properly officiated? No. Fair? Quite possibly. Draymond got his ass saved at least twice, first on the rescinded technical and then on that uncalled flagrant on Tristan Thompson.

Add another possibly uncalled flagrant and the flagrant 1 that WAS called, along with the technical against Dahntay Jones.

Honestly though the refs did not determine this game. I felt GS came out flat. I think they won the series in game 3 (like most of us). BeCleves showed a lot of heart in protecting the sanctity of the 2001 Lakers playoffs record. I will be forever grateful Bron!
That and Kyrie going ballistic helped out.

Yep, tbh last two games Warriors came out like that. Cavs came out with a punch both times. So it'll be interesting. They should have the do or die mentality.

It's basically a do or die game for the Warriors as well. If they lose, the next game is in Defend the Land mode and then it's game 7. You don't take a team like Cleveland to game 7.

The Warriors seriously need to be disbanded if they blow this lol.

Of course it's possible when your team is breaking three point records. But how possible is it to do that 4 times, in a row, against a team that's 30-2 in the last 32 games?

Each game is different, playoffs are this way historically. They did well in game 3 too in other ways and had a chance. The adjustments will be made and we will see what happens.

It's seriously 3-1 again lmao

Back in the nightmare.

Three things:

1. Cleveland got hot from 3, only need 1 of 3 games where they're back to their average this series.

2. Don't think Curry goes cold again.

3. Probably the worst officiated game since 06 with the Heat, maybe even back to the Lakers/Kings game of 02. I'd say even the NBA was embarassed at the officiating.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
if Cavs continue to play like this GSW is in some serious trouble.
Like set the NBA record for 3s every game? Yeah, I agree.
Do the people saying it's not over really believe that or is it just wishful thinking? No team has ever come back from 3-0 for a reason guys. It's over. I'd be saying the same things if the Cavs went up 3-0.

Kevtones

Key was the defense on Curry tonight.

Interesting too as Durant worked REALLY hard tonight and was pretty gassed at the end. Cavs executed their game plan really well tonight 🏀

That's the most troubling thing from tonight, Cavs baited Draymond too.

Steph and Klay played like complete garbage at home too, it's not over yet.

Klay played like garbage at home. Well first game. Second game he got back in the groove. 3rd was when he came back to old Klay. But yes Steph completely played garbo this game. Klay did ehh.

Three things:

1. Cleveland got hot from 3, only need 1 of 3 games where they're back to their average this series.

2. Don't think Curry goes cold again.

3. Probably the worst officiated game since 06 with the Heat, maybe even back to the Lakers/Kings game of 02. I'd say even the NBA was embarassed at the officiating.

in game 3 the cavs werent that hot from 3 and still had a chance. I think they did well on curry, same strategy from last year to have him uncomfortable. the refs were bad on both sides, cavs just wanted the game from the start you can tell with the energy and intensity all game.

He's not going to. He does nothing to cool off his temper.

He seemed to cool down after sitting at the end of the 3rd, the camera was watching him on the bench chilled bouncing around the music while they checked the Zaza/Shumpert loose ball incident.

Note to the Warriors PA, whenever Draymond gets angry play that song, play it as much as you're able to get away with it.

Are people really trying to say the refs saved the Cavs after that flagrant on Love? And the no call on Draymond?

I mean, not really, but it was a terrible job by the refs through and through. The Cavs got away with more contact than the Warriors early on, they were hammering fools on offense to no calls. Then in the second half the refs just went completely FUBAR on their jobs.

Cleveland winning isn't on the refs, but the game being a piece of shit where it should have been awesome for the insane offensive performance by Cleveland is 100% on the refs.

GSW came flat, but I thought that the way the refs called the 1st quarter didn't help at all. That disparity was huge and stopped any kind of momentum from building up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom