• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Lol how do you automatically assume it benefited the Cavs and not the Warriors who at that point are chasing the Cavs?

As usual whenever a LeBron lead team wins anything, in this case a single game, it's a cast conspiracy.

The series is over the Warriors win the championship already. Give Cavs credit for this 1 game and get over yourselves.

Did you watch the first 3 games and how the Warriors play/win? They win because Cavs get tired and can't keep up with the Warriors offense. Its a game of endurance. The refs made this game 30 minutes longer than it should have been which benefits the Cavs much more than the Warriors.

If you want to call a lot of fouls go ahead and call them. Just call them and inbound the ball so they can play basketball. Don't stop the game for 5 whole minutes just because players are complaining or because there is a tie up. Its stupid and the refs are incompetent for it.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Basically this.

If Curry can be held off-ball without consequence but Kyrie can't, then Kyrie goes off and Curry doesn't.

I think you mean the Cavs? Anyways, if the Dubs were in foul trouble early that sets the tone for how physical they can be with their defense. Which would still be less consequential if the refs called things the same on both ends.
This made me chuckle. Profoundly deep hot take right here!

Cracklox

The fuck?

I dunno. One of the angles showed it got him on the inner thigh, just above the knee. Unless Shump is hung as shit, and freeballing, I think he's good. Even so, would've only been a shot to the shaft anyway, which is a bit easier to get over then the nuts

Wedzi

Banned
I can't believe Wilbon was suggesting the Cavs should trade Kyrie for CP3 this offseason to compete with the Warriors. I expect a public apology on PTI on Monday.

Didn't Curry get 10FT by himself game 1 of this series?

I'm not saying it played no role, I'm saying it's not as big of a factor some of you are making it out to be. And did we watch the same game, because last I saw the Warriors did not back down on defense at all. Officiating was bad on both ends and clearly benefited Warriors second half

I have no idea why some of you guys are going to greater lengths to discredit this Cavs win than the Warriors own head coach
But I never discredited the Cavs win. Cavs would've torched them either way. But you're making it seem like that first quarter didn't hurt the Warriors.

Draymond was the real MVP of that game 7 last season
He went god mode from 3
Steph x Klay were garbage

Had Draymond not stepped up they'd have gotten blown out last season.

Step it up

VeeP

Basically this.

If Curry can be held off-ball without consequence but Kyrie can't, then Kyrie goes off and Curry doesn't.

Why does this happen? I'm genuinely curious. I noticed it in the Finals last year and in the Finals again this year.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I can't believe Wilbon was suggesting the Cavs should trade Kyrie for CP3 this offseason to compete with the Warriors. I expect a public apology on PTI on Monday.
Besides age making the deal a bad longterm proposition, CP3 is vastly superior to Kyrie. Don't let Kyrie's great hero ball games fool you.

Didn't Curry get 10FT by himself in one quarter game 1 of this series?

I'm not saying it played no role, I'm saying it's not as big of a factor some of you are making it out to be. And did we watch the same game, because last I saw the Warriors did not back down on defense at all. Officiating was bad on both ends and clearly benefited Warriors second half

I have no idea why some of you guys are going to greater lengths to discredit this Cavs win than the Warriors own head coach

No one is discrediting the win, I said the Cavs would still have won if refball wasn't in effect, but you're delusional if you think the 1st quarter didn't set the tone and did damage for the rest of the game. At that point, it doesn't matter that calls normalize when the Cavs have a 20pt lead they can sit on.

FZZ

Banned
But I never discredited the Cavs win. Cavs would've torched them either way. But you're making it seem like that first quarter didn't hurt the Warriors.

No one is discrediting the win, I said the Cavs would still have won if refball wasn't in effect, but you're delusional if you think the 1st quarter didn't set the tone and did damage for the rest of the game. At that point, it doesn't matter that calls normalize when the Cavs have a 20pt lead they can sit on.

Well then I'm agreeing with both of you

Officiating was ass overall

Wedzi

Banned
Besides age making the deal a bad longterm proposition, CP3 is vastly superior to Kyrie. Don't let Kyrie's great hero ball games fool you.

Way better passer and leader? Oh yes, but vastly superior

stephen-a-smith-2015.jpg

Cavs need Kyrie's scoring. He's a great complement to Lebron. His hero ball got the Cavs a ring last year. Trading him is ludicrous.

RedAssedApe

Banned
like father like son.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...lling-matt-barnes-golden-state-warriors-bench

"That s--- was just too close," Warriors forward David West said. "I thought he was jaw-jacking with Zaza, and it was fake, man. That little m-----f----- ain't do nothing in real life. So I just told him to shut up and sit down, because he was talking too crazy. And it was a highly tense moment, but we ain't going to let nobody talk crazy to us."

Leebow frequently sits in courtside seats next to James' friends and business partners. For Game 4, he was sitting with James' agent, Rich Paul, and business partner Maverick Carter.

He is the son of Dennis Leebow, a wealthy Cleveland businessman, who was ejected from courtside seats in an Eastern Conference finals game last year.

FZZ

Banned
That foul on Green that led to the phantom second technical was pure trash. They're showing it on ESPN now and I see nothing.

it was stupid and should have never been called a tech, but the worst look for the NBA is the switch on making the first tech Kerr's

shit was weird

like that should have been a team foul, but they call it a tech. And somehow Dray falling on TT after Livingston fouled him wasn't called?

beat

Why does this happen? I'm genuinely curious. I noticed it in the Finals last year and in the Finals again this year.

Honestly, not sure. I think part of it is that the refs are mostly watching the action where the ball is. It's much harder to get away with an illegal hold on the ball handler. (Similarly, off-ball screens can sometimes get away with more bending the rules.)

Which, come to think of it, is partly due to the difference in offense. Kerr wants the ball to move before it gets to his best shooters, and sometimes an aggressive defense can stop that kind of offense. That is, it's intentional to have Curry not have the ball at the start of the action. Catch and shoot isn't Kyrie's strong suit, so there's less point to holding him off-ball and as I said above, it's much harder to get away with a hold when he has the ball.

Game was ref'd well honestly. They even threw Draymond a bone in front of the world.

(First QtR. Cavs hit 7 threees and got them in the penalty with 4 minutes to go. With those two factors listed why is it surprising they scored almost 50 points?

2 iffy fouls on Curry and Iggy each. Then the foul on Mcgee blocking RJs dunk but being whistled.)

When you take a minute to settle down after its over you'll see the Cavs just wanted it more.

Kevtones

There's fanfiction of this somewhere.

Durant: Yo can I get my emeralds?
Bron: Why you talking crazy!?!
Durant: I need my jewelry!
Bron: Well shit ain't free bro; earn it!
Durant: Can I switch teams?
Bron: You up 3-0, that would be chaos!
Durant: No, that would be CHAOS EMERALDS!

*JR Smith enters scene shirtless playing a gamegear*

There's fanfiction of this somewhere.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/62vm52/so_i_had_no_idea_there_was_a_nba_fanfiction/

https://archiveofourown.org/tags/Basketball RPF/works

Nothing for Durant/LeBron though

Oh, btw, you're gonna need this for later

Curry has to redeem himself in game 5.

Also Draymonds offense or lack there of killed the dubs tonight

Draymond got a little too chatty and in trouble with the techs, but in terms of the actual game he did his normal useful Draymond stuff. He was gonna stop nailing those 3s eventually, he's playing to his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom