• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
lol, everything that could go right went right. Ridiculous 1st half+home cooking from the refs will make it tough for any team.

Dubs will kill them once they get back home. But at least they denied history, right?
Refs called a bad game on both sides for fucks sake

Getting flashbacks of Sonics/Bulls from 96, where the 72-10 bulls went up 3 zip, and the Sonics got a couple of consolations wins to make it look like it was a series, but it never was really.

Still remember my mum giving away the result of game 4. She wasn't into hoops at all, but knew I was and followed the Sonics. She saw the result and and came into my room to excitedly tell me. Where I'm from, at the time I had to wait for replays late at night, and was hanging to watch the game, and avoiding the result. Needless to say I wasn't real happy, and it's something I still bring up with her occasionally to this day (jokingly now of course. Sort of...)

stop with the lame excuses, cavs played really hard from the jump compared to any other game. even in game 3 they had a chance.

TaterTots

Banned
Cavs gonna need help to compete with the Warriors next year. Moves need to be made. I agree with the guy saying James should take a pay cut.

Even after two years the warriors still have trouble when the Cavs get physical, and their offense stops. Where the Cavs is attack and attack even if it comes off iso. Curry can't the passive again.

But again, the refs don't help. I still don't understand how you can grab and hold players moving.

Are people really trying to say the refs saved the Cavs after that flagrant on Love? And the no call on Draymond?

and the Warriors somehow ended up attempting more fts.

Refs fucked the game right from the start. Most of the fouls they called weren't shooting fouls, but got all the starters in foul trouble so they either had to lay off or ride the bench.

just cause the Refs made some adjustment calls for the dubs that ended being shooting fouls, doesn't mean they didn't completely fuck this game up with their blatant biased foul calls.

what were the total fouls called for/against each side?
what kinda fouls were being called against one team, but not the other?
How was Steph absolutely abused almost the entire time he was on the floor, but not a single foul was called for it, but the minute someone bumps into a Cav... :whistles:?

I just want a fair called game. The Refs should never be the focus of the game, and that's what happened in this one from the beginning all the way to the end.

I'm not taking anything away from the Lights out shooting from the Cavs, as they played an amazing offensive game, but the Refs really sucked the enjoyment of a good game away from this one.
Cavs may have legitimately beat the Dubs shooting like they were tonight, but had the Refs just called it straight, it might have been a closer and more enjoyable game to watch, win or lose.

Refs looked like they were stretching for a game 5, and then covering a spread or whatever. striped shirts were absolute shit tonight.

stop with the lame excuses, cavs played really hard from the jump compared to any other game. even in game 3 they had a chance.

Cavs played hard, I'm not even a Warriors fan but you'd have to be incredibly dense to not realize that the refs gifted the Cavs the lead.

The sad thing is that I actually think the Cavs would've won this without the refball.

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
UUQtVkA.jpg

Looking forward to Cavs Halloween Party 2017...

FZZ

Banned
Hmmm lets see

Warriors attempted 5 more FT

Other than the obvious Kyrie backcourt violation

refs

Reassigned the tech on green

Zaza punched Shumps dick

KD got a shooting foul assigned to a flagrant by complaining

Dray fell on TT after Livingston committed a foul

oh and LeBron got hit in the face by Iggy at the end but didn't complain

GTFO officiating was bad on both ends

But down the stretch it benefited ONE team and it wasn't the Cavs

Hmmm lets see

refs

Zaza punched Shumps dick

Are you gonna ignore how the 1st quarter set the tone?

Hmmm lets see

refs

Zaza punched Shumps dick

22 FT first quarter. Green, Curry, Iggy, and Thomas all have 2 Fouls on first quarter. And then Green and Thomas gets another in 2nd.

Now I know a game is 48 mins but jmon man.

Brinbe

Y'all are hilarious. We've all seen how refs can influence games right from the jump. They did it against us in game six last year in the ECF and they did it again tonight. They call the game one way from the jump to give one team (Cleveland) an edge and then they even it out later when it's out of hand already.

This is NBA fucking officiating 101. Sure they missed calls on the Dubs too, but that's because the refs are horrible period. This is an entire different discussion where THE WAY they call the game has a drastic effect on the outcome. Not to take anything away from the Cavs, because they balled their asses off tonight and deserved the win, but they don't set a fucking NBA finals record without help from the refs. Game 4 at home in an elimination game, you have to be blind to see that they didn't get that home-cooking.

Cracklox

Not making lame excuses. Just reminiscing a bit.

Anyway, if they're relying on having to score 130+ a game to win for the next 3 games, with 2 on the road, I don't like they're chances. I already didn't like they're chances coming from 3 nothing down against arguably one of the best teams ever, but here we are.

And agree on game 3 as well. They played just as well, particularly in all but the last few minutes of the second half

Y'all are hilarious. I've seen how refs can influence games right from the jump. They did it against us in game six last year in the ECF. They call the game one way to give one team an edge and then they even it out later when it's out of hand already.

This is NBA fucking officiating 101.

That Raptors - Cavs series was absolute bullshit. Hell, I got flashbacks of that and Lakers/Kings amongst other series when watching this game. It's an utter embarrassment. I complain about refs in other sports but I'm grateful that they aren't classless trash sellouts like NBA refs are.

You mean where Kyrie and JR were knocking down insane ass 3's?

Reffing completely changed after that first quarter

It's easy to knock down those 3s when you get 22 FTAs and at least a foul called on almost all of the Warriors' starters.

Kevtones

The Cavs outscored GSW by:

16 in the first
2 in the second
1 in the third
2 in the fourth

Looks like they were the better team tonight and they shot less FTs.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'm already over the ref game 4 situation. It seemed deliberate to me in that 1st quarter but so be it. Cavs still probably would have won with the way they historically made threes. It's only one game. Now if half the team is in foul trouble come game 5 I'm gonna lose my shit.

BadAss2961

Of course Cavs win the chippy refball game. lol

Warriors lost their cool tonight though. Defense should be better home. The key has always been containing Kyrie. They let him go off these last couple games and are lucky they stole game 3.

22 FT first quarter. Green, Curry, Iggy, and Thomas all have 2 Fouls on first quarter. And then Green and Thomas gets another in 2nd.

Now I know a game is 48 mins but jmon man.
Don't take his posts seriously.

I'm already over the ref game 4 situation. It seemed deliberate to me in that 1st quarter but so be it. Cavs still probably would have won with the way they historically made threes. It's only one game. Now if half the team is in foul trouble come game 5 I'm gonna lose my shit.
That's where I'm at. Complaining doesn't change what happened. Besides, I saw the Cavs torch the Warriors.

FZZ

Banned
Don't take his posts seriously.

That's where I'm at. Complaining doesn't change what happened. Besides, I saw the Cavs torch the Warriors spool.

Get out, what have you even contributed?

I'm not a troll

everything I posted is valid, say what you want 22FT in the first quarter doesn't change shit against a team like GS

Cavs still ended up with 5 less FT, everyone trying to say 1 quarter let alone the first affected the outcome of the game is crazy. This is the same team that has come back from two 20+ deficits this playoffs

effzee

Point is the refs brought the game to a complete halt several times in the 3rd quarter with all the review nonsense. They basically gave everyone a 2nd halftime worth of rest which benefited Cavs a lot. They didn't let them play all game long really with all the bad calls left and right.

Lol how do you automatically assume it benefited the Cavs and not the Warriors who at that point are chasing the Cavs?

As usual whenever a LeBron lead team wins anything, in this case a single game, it's a vast conspiracy.

The series is over the Warriors win the championship already. Give Cavs credit for this 1 game and get over yourselves.

Get out, what have you even contributed?

I'm not a troll

everything I posted is valid, say what you want 22FT in the first quarter doesn't change shit against a team like GS

Cavs still ended up with 5 less FT, everyone trying to say 1 quarter let alone the first affected the outcome of the game is crazy. This is the same team that has come back from two 20+ deficits this playoffs alone
This is why I don't take your posts seriously. Warriors got into foul trouble early in the game. That seriously dampens how hard they played defense and contested shots. Yet according to you that doesn't mean jack shit.

mjp2417

Banned
If the Cavs had gotten zero free throw attempts the entire game...this game would have only gone to overtime. And 4 of the 5 most dubious calls (or non-calls) benefitted the Dubs. Like, I know some of you only started watching basketball two years ago and losing is hard, but this thread is beyond embarrassing.

VeeP

There was a lot of ref fuckery, but I think by the end it was fairly even. I think everyone can agree overall it was just poor reffing. Cavs played well enough to win. Some amazing shooting. Warriors, just like the first half of Game 3, played poorly.

phanphare

Banned
honestly the officiating only blatantly favored the warriors in the first quarter. it was still bad all game and kind of a shit show at times but for both teams. and even still the warriors had a lot of opportunities to cut it to single digits late and only have themselves to blame for the loss.

beat

Feels like a repeat of last year. Cavs go physical, refs call are questionable, cavs figure out how to attack the warriors, warriors became flat and passive as they can't get their offense going.

Cavs also played him way too rough. Draymond and Zaza get called for doing anything hard on Lebron/TT/Kyrie, but none of the Cavs guys get called for going hard on Steph and even Klay. Of course that will take its toll on them.

Basically this.

If Curry can be held off-ball without consequence but Kyrie can't, then Kyrie goes off and Curry doesn't.

honestly the officiating only blatantly favored the warriors in the first quarter. it was still bad all game and kind of a shit show at times but for both teams. and even still the warriors had a lot of opportunities to cut it to single digits late and only have themselves to blame for the loss.

I think you mean the Cavs? Anyways, if the Dubs were in foul trouble early that sets the tone for how physical they can be with their defense. Which would still be less consequential if the refs called things the same on both ends.

RedAssedApe

Banned
that first quarter was dumb as hell. but since it was in the 1st and not 4th quarter it was ok. gave them time to give makeup fts to kd in the second half lol

FZZ

Banned
This is why I don't take your posts seriously. Warriors got into foul trouble early in the game. That seriously dampens how hard they played defense and contested shots. Yet according to you that doesn't mean jack shit.

Didn't Curry get 10FT by himself in one quarter game 1 of this series?

I'm not saying it played no role, I'm saying it's not as big of a factor some of you are making it out to be. And did we watch the same game, because last I saw the Warriors did not back down on defense at all. Officiating was bad on both ends and clearly benefited Warriors second half

I have no idea why some of you guys are going to greater lengths to discredit this Cavs win than the Warriors own head coach

Idk why.

But this game 5 feels like last year's game 5, and the game 6 from Rockets-Clippers 2 years ago. If any game is heavily tilted toward the Warriors winning, it's this one. Otherwise, if Cavs get past it, I'm gonna have to recalibrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom