• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

So ultimately I'm not sure how this series will end up. I could see the Cavs winning, I could also see them getting swept without much competition.

I'll be safe and take Warriors in 5 or 6. Lebron got his against them and now KD will finally get his as well. Game 1 could be telling.

So ultimately I'm not sure how this series will end up. I could see the Cavs winning, I could also see them getting swept without much competition.

I'll be safe and take Warriors in 5 or 6. Lebron got his against them and now KD will finally get his as well. Game 1 could be telling.

Same here. I really don't see the Cavs defense being able to slow down the Warriors by itself, that defense is too awful against good ball movement. It's simplistic but the outcome IMO will depend if the Warriors are knocking down shots. If they are, they will win. If they are not, then the Cavs are very well equipped to outshoot them.

Which is pretty much what happened in last year's Finals.

Ranvier

Any other bay area folk going to the game today? I'll be in the parking lot around 4:30 nervously chugging beer.

*Klay better show up

phanphare

Banned
Same here. I really don't see the Cavs defense being able to slow down the Warriors by itself, that defense is too awful against good ball movement. It's simplistic but the outcome IMO will depend if the Warriors are knocking down shots. If they are, they will win. If they are not, then the Cavs are very well equipped to outshoot them.

Which is pretty much what happened in last year's Finals.

the thing about this is that if the warriors aren't hitting shots they can just feed durant and then they'll all get better looks anyway and start knocking them down

you can never count out lebron but I really can't see this series going past 6

bionic77

Let's not act like LeBron didn't waste so many years of his career in Cleveland, where he actually brought that superbum team to the playoffs multiple times and even to the finals once, though he never made it further than that in his first run.
He changed the narrative and maybe the league by basically picking his teams after that.

That was impossible for a superstar in the past unless they wanted to take a giant paycut.

I think the Warriors are the better team but I don't know if I trust KD and Curry with this much pressure. I think how they handle it determines who wins. Cavs are not going to be afraid.

Cracklox

A couple of beers and 6 or 7 hours sleep is all that stands between me and tip off. Hype!

Head says Dubs in 6, but heart says Cavs in 7. Sorry heart :(

Tall4Life

He changed the narrative and maybe the league by basically picking his teams after that.

That was impossible for a superstar in the past unless they wanted to take a giant paycut.

I think the Warriors are the better team but I don't know if I trust KD and Curry with this much pressure. I think how they handle it determines who wins. Cavs are not going to be afraid.
Yes, as a free agent a player basically gets to pick the team he wants to join if the cards line up right, that's what a free agent is.

Come on man, you're better than this.

bionic77

Yes, as a free agent a player basically gets to pick the team he wants to join if the cards line up right, that's what a free agent is.

Come on man, you're better than this.
What are you talking about?

The league today is different then it was in the past. I don't think what LeBron, KD and what other future players are going to do in picking teams is comparable to past eras where players had to stick with their team or take a huge discount to chase a ring.

I never said it was a bad thing. It is just a different era.

Jarmel

Banned
Just skimmed a story on ESPN that Durant is willing to take less than the max to keep he core together... welp, there we go....
Makes sense. Everybody knew what the deal was going in to this year. Durant also probably just likes playing on the team. It's a good fit for him professionally and personally.

Warriors cocky owner will break up this group

He's not gonna pay Steph the super max
Steph will probably ask for a percent of ownership which i'd give to him if he's winning championships

the thing about this is that if the warriors aren't hitting shots they can just feed durant and then they'll all get better looks anyway and start knocking them down

you can never count out lebron but I really can't see this series going past 6

Yeah it's ridiculous, the Warriors flat out break the game when they're not playing like ass, which is pretty damn rare by itself. And the Cavs have a shit defense. I could see the Cavs somehow winning, you never rule out Lebron, Kyrie and a team that shoots 3s like they do, but they're not stopping the Warriors from scoring at all.

And the Warriors are the second best defense in the league on top of that. They're just too overpowered.

My head says Warriors but my heart says Cavaliers. I felt the same way last year and it was quite a show to see the Cavs crawl their way back. Haven't been this excited for the Finals since Jordan's rematch with the Jazz

ESPN @espn

Sources: Kevin Durant is willing to sacrifice a max contract extension if it helps keep the Warriors' core intact.
Sources: KD may give up money for GS core
espn.com

ESPN @espn

Sources: Kevin Durant is willing to sacrifice a max contract extension if it helps keep the Warriors' core intact.
espn.com

Smart decision. He has all that endorsement money, he eating GOOD. Just about those W's now.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
ESPN @espn

espn.com
This group ain't going anywhere. Not 1, not 2, not 3. Ok maybe 3.

Seriously, the Warriors have no answer for Kyrie who plays better as the lights get brighter. Curry hasn't really shown up for the last two finals because he style of play is not really winning basketball and he likes to throw away championships will flashy passes

but you know what, may the best team win

yuraya

Dubs have no rim protection and Kyrie has already proven he can match Steph, if not exceed him in a series. and

Warriors lead the league in blocks per game. And they have 3 seven footers on the team so you can't really call them small anymore like they were in the past 2 years.

Trey

Dubs have no rim protection and Kyrie has already proven he can match Steph, if not exceed him in a series. and

Draymond green is one of the best rim protectors in the league. If nothing else, McGee can block a basketball.

Cavs might have an edge on the boards.

Anth0ny

only reason why I can see Cavs stealing game 1 is that game 1 warriors performance against the Spurs pre-Kawhi injury

that was crazy. and the cavs are better than the spurs. and if lebron lands on zaza's ankle and tears his acl he walks it off and is good to go in 15 seconds.

Curry hasn't really shown up for the last two finals because he style of play is not really winning basketball and he likes to throw away championships will flashy passes

I think you're joking but in case you're not or if anyone legit thinks this is true, well... It's not, it's bullshit. Curry had a better TS% in the last Finals than Kyrie or Lebron and he was quietly the true MVP in the 2015 Finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom