• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're joking but in case you're not or if anyone legit thinks this is true, well... It's not, it's bullshit. Curry had a better TS% in the last Finals than Kyrie or Lebron and he was quietly the true MVP in the 2015 Finals.

I would argue that it was probably the greatest Finals MVP snub in history.

I think you're joking but in case you're not or if anyone legit thinks this is true, well... It's not, it's bullshit. Curry had a better TS% in the last Finals than Kyrie or Lebron and he was quietly the true MVP in the 2015 Finals.

Yeah, I don't know where that narrative came from. Reading shit like that makes me wonder how many people just internalize whatever they read on Reddit and don't actually watch games.

Jason McIntyre @jasonrmcintyre

Just heard Jets legend @willcolon66 say he doesnt like Stephen Curry because he's 'annoying.' America has universally responded: Disagree
Jason McIntyre @jasonrmcintyre

Stephen Curry has passed LeBron as the most culturally relevant player in the NBA. From @TheHerd today.

Hopefully Lebron gets straight up destroyed tonight.

MrT.gif

That's why Delly is 🐐
Now that the 🐐is gone, what's gonna happen 🤔

Actually, Lue might put JR on Curry to have a bigger defender on him? Idk man

You can't hide defenders against the Warriors. They're just too potent offensively.

If Klay can shoot at all this round, you have to keep JR on him, and pray Kyrie does something on defense.

phanphare

Banned
That's why Delly is ��
Now that the ��is gone, what's gonna happen ��

Actually, Lue might put JR on Curry to have a bigger defender on him? Idk man

then you're "hiding" kyrie on klay aka waking up klay from his postseason slumber

that's bad news for the cavs

everything in terms of matching up defensively is bad news for the cavs

Curry was the best Warrior in the 2015 Finals, but Lebron was MVP.

Nafai1123

Banned
Matchups are going to be meaningless when teams are switching. If the Cavs have to hide someone on defense they're going to get in trouble.

Same is true of the Warriors and Curry. Cavs will run motions/screens to get Curry on Lebron like last year. Once Curry is on Lebron he's either going to try to shoot perimeter (which the Warriors should encourage), or he's going to drive. If he drives Curry can't do much, but that's where Dray/Zaza/McGee/KD come in. Block the paint, force Lebron to pass and hope they can't hit from the perimeter.

Fjordson

All I ask is that Curry manages to hold up physically. Cavs got a bead on Kerr's offense a long time ago, like Pop and the Spurs, so they'll be chasing him and laying the wood every chance they get.

andthebeatgoeson

I'm looking forward to Bron hitting another level. Dude plays out of this world but i feel like he can hit another gear. Maybe Boston game 6 2012 gear for 4-5 games?

I'm hopeful Love continues his pace he is on. I hope Love steps up on D. I hope killa Ky has some clutch shots.

I'm pretty sure Durant will play well. I'm just hoping Cleveland can hit on all cylinders. That'll be a special series.

No losing player should ever be MVP in today's NBA, that would just be awkward as fuck.
Yet a lot of people are caping for ynb.

Can't wait. Just hope it's a fantastic series. Leaning towards the go cavs train just so we can hear about lebron after the series ends. Even as a diehard spurs fan I respect the guy so much. I miss the Duncan lebron battles already.

I've had these tabs asleep on my browser for more than a year now. I rewatched them for the first time since last June right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCI3viId-LM (thanks, Sushi)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyGL6B7OH5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaT68lZd2Z8

As a son of CLE I still get very, very emotional watching them, with real tears. Those from a small market will understand to some degree. Fans of the Indian, Brown, and Cav will understand more than most. As one who grew up a fan of those 80s Brown teams with Kosar, Slaughter, Mack, and Byner and those guys. Those 80s and 90s Cav teams with Hot Rod, Ehlo, Price, Nance. Those Indian teams with the Alomars, Lofton, Belle, Hershizer, Nagy, Vizquel, Baerga, Mesa, Ramirez. These players are basically household names and legends, but never got to be champions.

As such, we became loyal fans of teams almost conditioned to expect defeat to be pulled from the jaws of victory. Many a fan have lived long lives and died without seeing a Cleveland team win a chip. The Nike video reflected us well; many almost unsure of how to deal with the unexpected result of success for awhile.

CLE-GAF: no matter what happens, we will always have ours. Will will always have 2016 and our million-man parade. We will always get to remember our victory. We will always have golden tags on our basketball jerseys and a modern championship banner hanging in one of our sports arenas. Whether we get more in basketball or not is simply icing on the cake, but won't take away from what we already have.

I hope all the other small market teams who have also been starved for a victory in a major sport get to experience this in their lifetimes too.

<3 CLE and Go Cav.

FZZ

Banned
I hope each of the four games Cavs win is a recreation of LeBron's most defining moments in playoffs

Game 6 vs. Boston

Game 5 vs. Pistons

Games 5 & 6 vs. Warriors

Cavs in 6

VeeP

Exactly 7 years later, I think Warriors gonna channel that 2007 Spurs team and do Lebron like how Spurs did.

Golden State Warriors sweep Lebron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom