• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

linkboy

So, Durant joined to win a championship like James did with the Heat? Warriors look way more stacked though. Surprised the NBA allowed it. I'm predicting they win the next 2-3 years. Mark my post nubs.

The NBA legally couldn't do anything to prevent it since Durant was a free agent. That's the quickest way to find themselves in a lawsuit.

I know the Chris Paul thing was a trade, but they block that and not KD to the Warriors? (And yes, I know the NBAPA would have thrown an absolute fit if the NBA tried to intervene in the FA process, I'm just venting.)

Good season Cavs, you just ran into the greatest team of all time.

The Chris Paul thing was blocked because the NBA (and, effectively, the rest of the owners) OWNED THE HORNETS at the time. It was handled poorly yes, but It was a complete outlier. I really wish people would quit fucking citing it.

TD;LR: Shut the fuck up about "basketball reasons" already.

lmao get your shit together. The role of the PA is to help facilitate players going where they want, not obstructing it. Blame the owners for the cap/CBA, this is the model they constructed.

i blame the owners for the overarching cap/CBA structure (and the ones in the East for the state of that conference letting LeBron keep winning it). i blame the PA, definitely irrationally, for voting down cap smoothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom