• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.O.O.M

Lol no one all year said the Cavs D was good. You're the only one that came at us with the "elite defense" comment

He makes it up.

Yeah that's what I figured

YDOVxLb.gif

lmao

Warriors need to not let up if they want to win. Pull their signature 3rd ring ko and wrap it in ribbion in next 12.

Cavs need to play better. Force open shot to Klay and break his shooting offense confidence and then dominate at the other end.

Any last score predictions? Sticking to 110-90 gsw.

Lead only being 8 is a huge win for the Cavs. They just played the worst defensive half I remember in the Finals and they turned the ball over like mad men. Bad news is Draymond, Curry and Klay all had a really bad half offensively,

It's finals curry

When has that ever been something good for GSW? He's still missing tons of shots, he's 5-13.

Plus klay Thompson has been absolutely terrible since KD joined
Gotta check a shot chart, but I'm willing to guess most of those are missed layups.

And Slay can be in a post-season slump all he wants as long as he keeps that D strong.

Edit: Yeah, 2-5 from three. Missing 2 pointers, I can live with. 6A, 2 steals, 0 TOs. I'm extremely comfortable with that.

Miracle

Warriors haven't really been playing that great either.

Klay is useless and they have missed a thousand layups. Even Durant has missed a handful of gimmies, he should have 32+ pts right now.

Lead only being 8 is a huge win for the Cavs. They just played the worst defensive half I remember in the Finals and they turned the ball over like mad men. Bad news is Draymond, Curry and Klay all had a really bad half offensively,

curry is known to do bad in the finals and klay has been bad all playoffs.

Tom Penny

Honestly to me is simply does GS have brains enough to ride their best players 40+ minutes a night. They are getting a zillion days of rest per game. It's the Finals. Out talent the other team as many minutes as possible. It really isn't that complicated.

Brinbe

This is without Klay and Draymond contributing on O. Dubs will be fine.

Cavs getting everything they can from their stars and it isn't enough.

ViciousDS

Banned
Thompson had almost identical stats to last year.

Gtfo of here with your I've watched 3 games all season bullshit.

Regular season don't mean shit, and what's the point of watching the regular season when these two teams are finals guaranteed.

Gtfo thinking klay has been good. He has been garbage all playoffs

FZZ

Banned
Thoughts are basically they should be down more going by how awful Cavs are playing

Fucking hell TT GRAB SOME BOARDS

AND KORVER HIT SHOTS YOU ARE ON THIS TEAM FOR ONE REASON IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE A WEAPON

Ric Flair

Banned
This is the game to steal if Cleveland can just get their shit together. Golden State is rusty and missing shots, stop turning the ball over and make your open shots. Who knows, may steal one out of the gate

VeeP

So far. I'm talking about throughout​ the careers. I have no problem admitting I was wrong.

Roll harder fam. Peyton was trash and carried. Curry folded last year. Although he played better in 2015 than Peyton did for either of his free rings.

Your not wrong about last year. And maybe this year you'll be right again. So far he's playing decent.

But look at his movement and quickness this year compared to last year. Last year players like TT and Love locked him down, this year he's gotten past them multiple times.

And even if his shot isn't falling that great, he's playing D, getting assists, doing well on screens, etc. More than one way to contribute.

Regular season don't mean shit, and what's the point of watching the regular season when these two teams are finals guaranteed.

Gtfo thinking klay has been good. He has been garbage all playoffs

Klay could go 0-10 every game and still be a huge positive because the defense is NOT going to leave him and he's great on D so you are talking nonsense like someone who doesn't watch anything.

Tons of turnovers
Matador defense KD dunks
Basically all LeBron with a bit of Kyrie
TT doing absolutely nothing
Down 8.

It's definitely winnable, they could also get blown out if the Warriors decide to make layups.

Brinbe

klay has been off the entire playoffs though. love barely did anything along with kyrie.
WHAT? Kyrie has been playing to his usual 30 ppg level and Bron is on pace for like 40. It just looks like nothing because they're playing a better team now.

And guys like Smith/Shump are getting exposed

VeeP

Honestly to me is simply does GS have brains enough to ride their best players 40+ minutes a night. They are getting a zillion days of rest per game. It's the Finals. Out talent the other team as many minutes as possible. It really isn't that complicated.

Do they have the stamina for it tho? Running up and down the court, playing D, players getting physical, etc all wear you down. Golden State has the bench depth. This isn't the Wizards, use the bench when you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom