• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
its better than seeing people who dont even watch nba and just come to see the finals with no knowledge about basketball.

"If you ain't on one of us, GTFO?"

I watch NBA regular, but I don't park and armchair to the highest degree like some BBall-GAFfers do, Finals will get more people to watch

It's literally the FINALS!

I mean come on now

cdyhybrid

its better than seeing people who dont even watch nba and just come to see the finals with no knowledge about basketball.

One could easily argue that the ones complaining about KD going to the Warriors are the ones with no knowledge about basketball.

I think KD would fit in well on the Cavs. What do you think?

KD is the second-best player in the league - he could fit in well anywhere. He'd just fit in well better on some teams than others. He'd be great on the Cavs because LeBron is an amazing creator.

I come back to the thread 2.5 hours later and people are still just spamming the "KD is a bitch" posts?

Post something meaningful or get the fuck out of the thread. We don't need endless pages of this garbage. It's happened all throughout the season and playoff threads, it doesn't have to endlessly go on.

KD, LeBron, Draymond...

It's happened throughout the last three years in NBA-GAF

Surfinn

He joined a 70+ win team that knocked him out of the playoffs...I'm sorry you don't see the comparison. If you can't beat em join em...bitch made decision.

You're comparing KD's OKC team with Westbrook to what MJ had to work with on the Bulls. Why are you trying to make a comparison that's so obviously not relevant?

As an OKC fan (from their perspective), I can understand being frustrated and potentially pissed off. But the decision made sense. Look at the season he's had on GS. I've watched most of the games this season. He fits very well and I think he had a strong inclination that he would before he joined.

DBSR2QxW0AAZbdp.jpg

Apath

Lebron has a very high ball IQ and would be a perfect fit for the Warriors . If he joined them after getting beat in the first finals, you wouldn't criticize him in the slightest?
Couldn't LeBron have joined the Warriors during the last offseason? Wonder if he regrets not doing just that.

bionic77

I come back to the thread 2.5 hours later and people are still just spamming the "KD is a bitch" posts?

Post something meaningful or get the fuck out of the thread. We don't need endless pages of this garbage. It's happened all throughout the season and playoff threads, it doesn't have to endlessly go on.
I got you fam.

Is Rihanna a fan of basketball or was she scouting for her next man friend?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Hmm, it looks like the real problem really is KD, as people expected but it's still surprising to actually see it when we've seen this team sans KD go against the Cavs two years in a row. I'm not too sure what LeBron can do about that. The lack of rim protection is one thing, but I don't see that there's anyone who can stop KD. I can see him averaging 35ppg in this finals unless they completely change their gameplan. The problem is that doubling KD will never work on this team, ESPECIALLY if they go small.

The fact that the Warriors now have 2 people who can guard 1-5 and Klay Thompson being maybe the most efficient person I've ever seen at containing (not stopping) Kyrie is also a huge problem. Kevin Love looked like he was so surprised that he wasn't getting the same looks he was getting against the East teams.

Also, so ridiculously confused at the "KD isn't competitive" schtick. LeBron has literally spent the latter half of his illustrious career stacking the deck and wiping the East clean off the map. KD just did it where he needed to. It's the perfect fit and it shows.

I can't see what adjustments the Cavs can do that'll fix their defensive problems. It's too late at this point in the game.

People were spamming this rhetoric for two years too alongside x ,y, z is a bitch and then we are left with last year's finals.

It's not over until it's all over. Why not enjoy it rather than take leaps.

GraveRobberX

Couldn't LeBron have joined the Warriors during the last offseason? Wonder if he regrets not doing just that.

Go to the West and earn his Final ticket by going local, why not take the express that is to the Finals from the East.

What if all GSW were say Celtics right now and in the East?

Lebron would be forming LA Lakers 5.0 with CP3, PG13, and Love

Tom Penny

You're comparing KD's OKC team with Westbrook to what MJ had to work with on the Bulls. Why are you trying to make a comparison that's so obviously not relevant?

As an OKC fan, I can understand being frustrated and potentially pissed off. But the decision made sense. Look at the season he's had on GS. I've watched most of the games this season. He fits very well and I think he had a strong inclination that he would before he joined.

What did MJ have to work with on the Bulls? Enlighten me.

Cracklox

Hmm, it looks like the real problem really is KD, as people expected but it's still surprising to actually see it when we've seen this team sans KD go against the Cavs two years in a row. I'm not too sure what LeBron can do about that. The lack of rim protection is one thing, but I don't see that there's anyone who can stop KD. I can see him averaging 35ppg in this finals unless they completely change their gameplan. The problem is that doubling KD will never work on this team, ESPECIALLY if they go small.

The fact that the Warriors now have 2 people who can guard 1-5 and Klay Thompson being maybe the most efficient person I've ever seen at containing (not stopping) Kyrie is also a huge problem. Kevin Love looked like he was so surprised that he wasn't getting the same looks he was getting against the East teams.

Also, so ridiculously confused at the "KD isn't competitive" schtick. LeBron has literally spent the latter half of his illustrious career stacking the deck and wiping the East clean off the map. KD just did it where he needed to. It's the perfect fit and it shows.

HOT TAKE ALER-

Wait, that's all pretty rationale

Surfinn

What did MJ have to work with on the Bulls? Enlighten me.

Two things.. MJ is obviously a better player than KD and elevated teams in ways almost no players can (so this is a seriously ridiculous comparison). Second.. I don't think MJ played with a Westbrook (ie someone who constantly has the ball and makes erratic/overly aggressive decisions); again, I think your comparison is apples and oranges.

cdyhybrid

I wouldn't expect to see Klay go off on some crazy 30-points-in-a-quarter offensive hot streak.

He's going to have his hands full slowing down Kyrie. If he can do that and not be a complete black hole on offense then he's done his job.

bionic77

On thinking on it more, the Cavs are not going to be able to stop KD.

The way they are going to win this series is to use their talent to hopefully break down the Warriors defense and break it down and get them in foul trouble. They need to win it on the offensive end (which is really hard to do). Not sure what the answer is and not sure their is an answer but LeBron and his assistant coach Lue need to really go to the lab and try to figure something out in the next 2 games.

Also, :lol @ the Rihanna question to KD who claimed he did not remember looking in her direction after a dagger 3.

People were spamming this rhetoric for two years too alongside x ,y, z is a bitch and then we are left with last year's finals.

Tbh there is really nothing to enjoy in these Finals outside of Golden State fans and Lebron haters. Durant has made this season and these playoffs so imbalanced it's uninteresting. There was nothing entertaining about tonight's game and that unfortunately will be the case the entire series. At least last year and the year before had very entertaining games. This is and will be a snore fest. No intrigue, no controversy. It's not as fun when the outcome is obvious. Other posters have said it. My prediction is an obvious one. It's not bold at all. There is a 0% chance of me being wrong. The Warriors win the title with ease. And that's what everyone has known for almost a year now.

its better than seeing people who dont even watch nbaand just come to see the finals with no knowledge about basketball.

That's no excuse for the regulars to spam hot takes non-stop. Also, if new people are coming in, explain things properly and educate folks. If they're just trolling, ignore them and let the mods get to them. But the last thing any sports thread needs is to appear being insular to the mod staff. That's the fastest ticket to nuketown.
I'm new to these NBA Finals threads. However, I go about my posting as I would any other topic. I use stats, figures, quotes to enforce my opinions. I don't get how its supposed to work any way else.

How do I prove I watch the NBA, highlights, Sportscenter, First Take, PTI, etc? Shit, Basketball is the only TV is do watch besides Adultswim.

You don't have to agree, but damn, shouldn't people respect other posters?

mjp2417

Banned

As an OKC fan (from their perspective), I can understand being frustrated and potentially pissed off. But the decision made sense. Look at the season he's had on GS. I've watched most of the games this season. He fits very well and I think he had a strong inclination that he would before he joined.
KD's supporting cast with OKC was actually fairly comparable, talent-wise, to Jordan's supporting cast with the Bulls.

Umbooki

Melo headed to Cleveland next season. It's gonna happen, somehow.
The Cavs aren't as bad as they looked tonight, but I don't see them being able to compete with a similar roster next season. I'm getting lots of 2014 Heat vibes from them right now.

Melo gets a lot of shit for his iso-ball, but the mutual respect/bromance between him and LeBron should squash that real quick. Find a way to swap Love for Melo and get rid of the dustheads in favor of some youth. Melo won't solve all of the Cavs' issues, but it gives the Cavs another scorer that can generate his own offense and take some pressure off of LeBron and Kyrie.

Finding youth is gonna be hard with the way the Cavs are spending their money, but there's too much dead weight on the roster right now. Take a chance on some G-League players and see what they're worth.

I really hope things get shaken up this offseason, 'cause this was a sobering experience.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

The way they are going to win this series is to use their talent to hopefully break down the Warriors defense and break it down and get them in foul trouble. They need to win it on the offensive end (which is really hard to do). Not sure what the answer is and not sure their is an answer but LeBron and his assistant coach Lue need to really go to the lab and try to figure something out in the next 2 games.

Also, :lol @ the Rihanna question to KD who claimed he did not remember looking in her direction after a dagger 3.
Curry: Don't fall for that trap
KD: I'm cool *stare*

Another problem with the KD thing is that Curry looks strong. There's 0 chance they can put energy into stopping Durant without letting Curry get going. Their gameplan for two years in the finals has been "FUCK. UP. STEPH." and it showed here when it looked like they still thought Harrison Barnes was the Small Forward for the Warriors.

Shout outs to Curry for his defense as well. They try to put him through the pick and roll gauntlet with JR and LeBron and he showed well, and defended on ball when he could.

The thing is loads of players of been left unguarded throughout the playoff because of continual miscues on defense. Guys are desperate to block or guard the one guy that they leave the others open. Also doesn't help that the Cavs team as a whole have been conceding a lot of points per possession against worse playoff teams this year. The offense can only help so much until you face a team that can lock you down. Though the fact that people kept saying it last year and the year before is pretty idiotic. 2015 is when Cleveland didn't have their full lineup and a beasting Lebron still took GSW to 6 games. 2016 was when Draymond's suspension shifted the momentum.

Surfinn

KD's supporting cast with OKC was actually fairly comparable, talent-wise, to Jordan's supporting cast with the Bulls.

But.. the comparison between MJ and KD is not comparable. MJ is clearly in another league as a player and a leader. Not to mention Jordan didn't have to deal with the erratic/aggressive decision making of a centralized player like Westbrook.

cdyhybrid

The Cavs aren't as bad as they looked tonight, but I don't see them being able to compete with a similar roster next season. I'm getting lots of 2014 Heat vibes from them right now.

Melo gets a lot of shit for his iso-ball, but the mutual respect/bromance between him and LeBron should squash that real quick. Find a way to swap Love for Melo and get rid of the dustheads in favor of some youth. Melo won't solve all of the Cavs' issues, but it gives the Cavs another scorer that can generate his own offense and take some pressure off of LeBron and Kyrie.

Finding youth is gonna be hard with the way the Cavs are spending their money, but there's too much dead weight on the roster right now. Take a chance on some G-League players and see what they're worth.

Ireally hope things get shaken up this offseason.

I'm not sure I follow.

People complaining about KD don't know what they're talking about. Not his fault the Warriors drafted Steph, Klay, AND Draymond, allowing them to easily pick up one of the best players in the league while having a great bench. It was just a no-brainer for him considering he obviously wants the best chance at getting a ring.

Cracklox

Could a deal with Milwaukee be reached where the Cavs can use a few ring ins? Reunite Lebron with Delly and grab muthafuckin GIANNIS.

Hope would shine eternal
gunna do my best to dream about that tonight

TuXx

Two things.. MJ is obviously a better player than KD and elevated teams in ways almost no players can (so this is a seriously ridiculous comparison). Second.. I don't think MJ played with a Westbrook (ie someone who constantly has the ball and makes erratic/overly aggressive decisions); again, I think your comparison is apples and oranges.

Elevated his team. Not the opposing team by joining them.

You're right though. Comparing MJ and KD is apples to oranges.

Gorillaz

Hottake are bad in general but yes it's worse by people who don't watch nba but watch first take and undisputed for their source of basketball

Tom Penny

MJ joining the 86 Celtics after playing with Dave Corizine, Charles Oakely, Orlando Wooldrich and Kyle Macy would be like the same shit as KD leaving Westbrook and Co...

Surfinn

Elevated his team. Not the opposing team by joining them.

You're right though. Comparing MJ and KD is apples to oranges.

Right. They're completely different scenarios because of the differences between the players (MJ and KD).

MJ joining the 86 Celtics after playing with Dave Corizine, Charles Oakely, Orlando Wooldrich and Kyle Macy would be like the same shit as KD leaving Westbrook and Co...

Except the fact that MJ and KD are apples/oranges in comparison. You're talking about the greatest to ever play basketball. Come on.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Yo, was anyone saying "What the fuck is MB doing???" when James Michael Fucking McAdoo was guarding LeBron James 1on1?

GraveRobberX

I missed the first half but man, WTF happened here? Like how is this acceptable?
giphy.gif

Yeah KD moved out from getting dunked on by Bron'

Now the reverse happens, no call out

People have agendas that they want to see fulfillment out of, but when it doesn't happen the saltiness comes out and bitch is the go to for Best-GAF as its trigger

Also lol @ Mr. Flat Earther Kyrie juking himself out of the play

bionic77

GravityInsanity
(Today, 12:31 AM)

Stop Steph Curry at all costs is what the Cavs are thinking
That was just bad defense.

They could done a much better job of making KD pass and then making Curry at least move off the 3 point line.

Thats the kind of defense the Cavs played most of the season. They can definitely play better but I am not sure they can get back to the level they had last season. I really don't understand why Tristan was invisible. There were a lot of opportunities for boards on both ends of the floor and he was always out of position on defense when it came time to contest a layup to dunk. That might have been spacing or he might have been away from the play but I expected him to make more noise than he did tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom