• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

PR_rambo

Banned
Damn maybe I'm new to this but..

Has there always been this much salt for KD

Like damn how can you hate this man lol

Well because apparently somewhere in the ten commandments, there were rules about how to honorably form a super team. And KD BROKE those rules. Now he pays for his transgressions

SCChappy

Banned
i fully expect the Warriors to win in 6 at most and I'm not gonna be angry or anything lol

all I wanted was one championship and they got it so everything else is just a bonus to me

Surfinn

Well because apparently somewhere in the ten commandments, there were rules about how to honorably form a super team. And KD BROKE those rules. Now he pays for his transgressions

How shitty of him to join a city where he would work very well as a team player and have a great chance of winning a championship

Ric Flair

Banned
The Heat five years ago were arguably just as good and deep.
They were super stacked, but the warriors have arguably the first and second/third best players in the world on one team, surrounded by pure shooters. Offensively, Curry is the purest shooter the game has ever seen. It's insane how much better of a shooter he is than everyone else on the court. It isn't even fair how good he is. Then you have KD who is pretty fucking close to curry in that regard but can also dominate in the paint and has a knack for finding the open guy on the wing when he drives, cue surrounded by pure shooters.

😭😭😭

Game 2 I expect to be a lot closer. Bo way Warriors don't TO the ball more and Curry/KD run a train on the LeBrons as they did this game though. Still have Warriors winning it by 8. Cavs are going to come out swinging, they were just surprised due to playing in a garbage conference until game 1 tonight.

I would hope they win, 4 stars vs 2.5 makes no sense.

VeeP

They were super stacked, but the warriors have arguably the first and second/third best players in the world on one team, surrounded by pure shooters. Offensively, Curry is the purest shooter the game has ever seen. It's insane how much better of a shooter he is than everyone else on the court. It isn't even fair how good he is. Then you have KD who is pretty fucking close to curry in that regard but can also dominate in the paint and has a knack for finding the open guy on the wing when he drives, cue surrounded by pure shooters.

Curry always chokes in Finals and can't play D tho.

Mrbob

You can't really be more dominant than winning every single year that Jordan played a full season so, I'm imagining it, and the Bulls still win every time and not a single series even goes 7 games. Ok.
That's the most impressive stat really. Never a game seven in the Finals.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I don't think I can ever consider this Warriors team among the best ever. Out of principle. Talent-wise it's there, but it's like if you put Magic, Bird, and Jordan all on the same team. It's so ridiculous that I can't in good conscience even consider them a team per se.

I love seeing the process of teams being built. Last year's Warriors team was largely homegrown talent, minus a few free agent signings and trades, but the core was homegrown. I'll always have last year's Warriors team above this for that alone.

Tom Penny

I'm not sure how people can even argue KD going the GS wasn't bitch made. You can argue he can do whatever he wants but don't try to feed anyone that BS.

Apath

The mere fact that one game where KD outplays LeBron is so shocking should be all the convincing you need.

But here's more:
H2H record LBJ owns KD, and they play the same position
LBJ 1-0 over KD in finals
LBJ 3 rings KD 0
LBJ 8 finals KD 2

Is that enough? I can't believe I have to argue this. Anyone with basic NBA vknowledge who watches a decent amount of games would know that LeBron has been the best player on Earth for several years, did you watch the playoffs? You think he's slowing down? You wanna chuck out the last decade because of one game?
LeBron is the undisputed best player in the world, but those head-to-head numbers would be a completely different story if the Thunder and the Heat/Cavs switched conferences.
I'm not sure how people can even argue KD going the GS wasn't bitch made. You can argue he can do whatever he wants but don't try to feed anyone that BS.
It's like everyone forgets the Warriors were 73-9 and came back from a 3-1 deficit to defeat KD in the western conference finals that year. To not only leave your team to join the one you choked against, but also to join the best regular season team of all time? Come on.
I don't think I can ever consider this Warriors team among the best ever. Out of principle. Talent-wise it's there, but it's like if you put Magic, Bird, and Jordan all on the same team. It's so ridiculous that I can't in good conscience even consider them a team per se.

I love seeing the process of teams being built. Last year's Warriors team was largely homegrown talent, minus a few free agent signings and trades, but the core was homegrown. I'll always have last year's Warriors team above this for that alone.
Talent is talent. Blame the CBA and the luck leading for this team being put together.

28 - 1 since Klay signed this toaster. I'm telling you people, it's the toaster.
DBSXnxlUwAIU77O.jpg

Fedelias

This doesn't make any sense.

bionic77

LeBron owed KD in the past.

But in the last 2 games KD has outplayed LeBron.

That does not mean that will continue for the rest of the series but even that small sample size is not common for someone like LeBron. In fact I would go further and say that I can't ever remember someone outplaying LeBron and beating him up when he checked him. LeBron in his prime was the guy who would take away the other teams best player AND put up 28/7/7.

That to me is the series. How the fuck do the Cavs guard KD? I thought LeBron would be able to slow him down (and I am not counting him out), but if he can't do it it doesn't seem like anyone else on the Cavs can come close to slowing him down. Thats a big fucking problem they have to figure out.

cdyhybrid

Kevin Durant just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about basketball culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in football where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in basketball, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the NBA audience, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase tickets for any games, nor will they watch any televised games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kevin Durant has alienated an entire market with this move.

Kevin Durant, publicly apologize and retire or you can kiss your legacy goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom