• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

I missed the first half but man, WTF happened here? Like how is this acceptable?
giphy.gif

Irving can't guard KD. Whether he runs out of the way or not it wouldn't have mattered really. When they are running with the ball like that you need to foul them much earlier. Kinda like the Jazz did but it didn't make a difference in the long run in that series anyway.

Individual players aside, its fairly obvious that gsw is a more disciplined team than last year. That is reflected in their assist and TO rates throughout these playoffs in addition to a smothering D. Would they be setup to sweep the playoffs without KD? Probably not.

Would they still end up being the dominant team? I have not seen any argument that indicates otherwise.

neptunes

Irving can't guard KD. Whether he runs out of the way or not it wouldn't have mattered really. When they are running with the ball like that you need to foul them much earlier. Kinda like the Jazz did but it didn't make a difference in the long run in that series anyway.
Huh?

Yeah KD moved out from getting dunked on by Bron'

Now the reverse happens, no call out

People have agendas that they want to see fulfillment out of, but when it doesn't happen the saltiness comes out and bitch is the go to for Best-GAF as its trigger

Also lol @ Mr. Flat Earther Kyrie juking himself out of the play

It's not that, it's the fact that Curry has 3 guys on him (because they thought the transition 3 was coming) when KD is more of a threat to score than he is.

Cracklox

Someones gotta try stop the ball in transition yo

yuraya

Did you watch the Jazz series? They started fouling the warriors every time they were in transition during game 2 iirc. It worked in slowing them down during stretches but it didn't matter in the long run because jazz offense had nothing. Cavs need to do the same in those situations. Why give them a free dunk when you can make them take it out of bounds?

Cracklox

The One and Done™;238900488 said:
His only real options was to foul there. KD still would have gotten 2 out of tho.

Probably, but still not how you teach transition defense. Someone gotta take ball, and KD just waltzed 70 feet all the way to the rim, uncontested.

Watching back though, both Bron and Kyrie were both worried about a Steph transition 3 from the wing. There was a ball fake there, but Kyrie can't bite on that at half court

Kickz

Not very competitive in the second half which was kind of disappointing.
Hopefully we get closer games going forward.

Lonzo gonna join the Warriors in a few years, he gonna make everyone big ballers.

He might as well considering most Lakers fans already have =p

Tommy DJ

holy shit didn't know KD scored 38 with 0 turnovers

In a way it isn't too surprising. The Cavs aren't a well disciplined defensive team and Golden State has like a billion different offensive threats that complete erase leads like they were nothing.

Durant already scores with relative ease and its even easier for him since the Cavs are so busy trying to play the 3>2 game with the Warriors. With Tristan Thompson being practically invisible, they've got zero transition defense.

The One and Done™;238901595 said:
KD had a better performance tonight than what I've seen MJ do in the finals.

Better than MJ averaging over 40 against the Suns?

v0yce

its better than seeing people who dont even watch nba and just come to see the finals with no knowledge about basketball.

I appreciate you helping out the guys with no knowledge by posting half a dozen times that 4 is almost a full starting lineup of 5. That's very helpful for guys new to the sport.

I still can't believe how much Klay has sucked these playoffs. If it wasn't for Durant the Warriors would have lost today.

He's their fourth best player. Most teams would kill to have their fourth best player be a 3/D guy like Danny Green, only bigger and stronger and with the ability to occasionally drop 50 or 60. You can afford to have your fourth best player be slumping.

Tommy DJ

I still can't believe how much Klay has sucked these playoffs. If it wasn't for Durant the Warriors would have lost today.

He honestly doesn't need to do anything and he knows. They can't completely ignore him, since he can randomly drop 30, which wrecks havoc with the Cavs defense because you definitely don't want to risk that occurring.

So all he has to do is spread the ball around, create space and play some defense.

TuXx

The One and Done™;238901595 said:
KD had a better performance tonight than what I've seen MJ do in the finals.

Must've been tough considering how phenomenal Cleveland's defense is...

Good god just read all the posts in this thread. Eww some of y'all either don't have eyes or don't understand basketball at all.

People saying Curry riding KD do you realize KD got like 4 wide open dunk because the Cavs throw half their roster at Curry in transition?

I mean do you know ball or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom