• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

bionic77

That's a big call. Lonzo would probably trip over one of his little bros if he tried to dunk 'blind' folded
Hey guys. I said it was possible he might surpass the great Ced. I didn't say likely.

Its never likely that you are going to be better than the guy who was the greatest Laker of all time and a guy who is in contention for the greatest human being of all time.

But I see potential.

maxxpower

Man people are really overreacting. Mark my words, this series will be a back and forth series. I bet the Cavs will blow out the Warriors in game 3.

Those lay ups Zaza were hitting make me lol
So much better than Varajo already

Warriors can easily blow them out in game 2
McGee hype train in full effect

I'm not gunna agree either way but I will say the part about him struggling against the warriors is weird. Especially last year, though he did cop one in the noggin that probably didn't help.

Going back as long as I can remember the warriors have never been a particularly strong team inside defensively relying on a lot of 'small ball', and you would think Love would be able to exploit that. The guy CAN play, he just chooses odd times to go missing.

Having said all that at least he controlled the boards tonight

The fact that people say this amazes me. I guess this is why ESPN says the Warriors are underrated defensively every single time they bring up the Warriors' defense.

Small ball doesn't matter when you have a DPOY, one of the greatest defenders of all time, in Draymond Green.

bionic77

Hot take - LeBron might not be the best player in this series.

More scary shit.
I would not go that far.

KD outplayed LeBron but LeBron has to do a lot more for this team that KD has to do for his team.

That is asking a lot of him or anyone else to defend KD for 40 minutes, actually limit him (probably impossible if he is making his jumper) AND do all the other shit he has to do on offense. Look at the impact it had on Klay to D up Kyrie.

It is really fucking hard to compete at that level on both ends and still be a superstar on offense.

I honestly think that was among the worse games Cleveland could've played against the warriors, with only 3 players really showing up, their bench not showing up, and the turnovers. Series is far from over

I would not go that far.

KD outplayed LeBron but LeBron has to do a lot more for this team that KD has to do for his team.

That is asking a lot of him or anyone else to defend KD for 40 minutes, actually limit him (probably impossible if he is making his jumper) AND do all the other shit he has to do on offense. Look at the impact it had on Klay to D up Kyrie.

It is really fucking hard to compete at that level on both ends and still be a superstar on offense.

I wonder if the Cavs can try and make it such that Durant has to do everything, but in a way such that Durant gets plenty of good looks, and thus should be getting the ball, but over the course of the game gets tired out. Problem is with the whole 3 other stars thing, you can let Durant rest a bunch.

It feels like, with all those dunks the Cavs let KD have, that they were trying some form of this strategy (letting one player really go off) but didn't put enough into contesting him to exhaust him and didn't use the time he was off the floor to make him pay

Lebron is 1-7 in Game 1s and the one time he did win game 1 they lost the series, warriors were a lock to win this game, thats why I watched wonder woman for the first 3 quarters.

Game would've been alot closer if CLE wasn't so careless with the ball. I think at one point they had like 17 more shot attempts and were only up like 10pts. Cavs also gave up far to often trying to defend Durant. Anytime he got like 3-4 strides away from a lane they seem to just put their head down and get ready to inbound. I don't see how anybody actually watching can say Finals Curry isn't a real thing. I know what the box says but the PbP shows he was mediocre and shrunk for large parts of the night. Only to wake up when the game became unreachable.

I thought he played well yesterday . He was more aggressive at times and went on some nice scoring streaks .(last year was an abomination but he also has a knead injury )

He didn't have to do much though ; KD was the aggressive one this and got a lot of easy baskets .

Tall4Life

To those saying the NBA is doomed/don't like this current era, the future is looking EXTREMELY bright. The Bucks, 76ers, T-Wolves, Lakers, Celtics, Spurs are all going to be great in the next decade, there's a lot to look forward to.

warriors replaced Trashison Barnes with Kevin fucking Durant, LeBron is on the backside of his prime with an AAU squad barring Kyrie who Plays no D. I mean how much gas bron got in the tank?

Cautious cavs in 7

BadAss2961

I would not go that far.

And KD still outplayed him, made him look bad at times. Kinda took his ankles, and made him do his patented "olay" defense so he wouldn't get dunked on.

It's just one game, but usually the best player in a series facing a better team will put up crazy numbers in defeat. Instead, it wouldn't be a shock to see Durant with better numbers and a better series in general when all is said and done.
Why didn't LeBron make his teammates better last night?

Probably because they're done playing the Toronto Raptors and a team they let have home court advantage.

Lue's substitutions were mystifying last night. He had Kyrie on the bench for a good chunk of the second half when the game was within like 14-16.

Then brought him in late when the game was out of reach.

It was really weird.

Cracklox

Hey guys. I said it was possible he might surpass the great Ced. I didn't say likely.

Its never likely that you are going to be better than the guy who was the greatest Laker of all time and a guy who is in contention for the greatest human being of all time.

But I see potential.

To the greatest garbage man the game ever saw

* throws in a scrappy layup after coming up with a loose ball under the basket *

Jason McIntyre @jasonrmcintyre

Stephen Curry has played 14 NBA Finals games. Has scored 25+ points eight times. The "he's-been-bad-in-the-Finals" narrative is wrong.
0:45

7:15 AM · Jun 2, 2017

Lue's substitutions were mystifying last night. He had Kyrie on the bench for a good chunk of the second half when the game was within like 14-16.

Then brought him in late when the game was out of reach.

It was really weird.

i thought a lot of the subs were weird

mike brown had zaza out for 2 minutes longer than he should've been in the second half

Best chance the Cavs had in this series is they needed to stay ahead the whole series, and by ahead I mean a game ahead each time. To win this series I believe they couldn't at any point in time allow the Warriors to go up 1-0, or 2-1 or whatever. I think the series is over. May seem premature, but I believe it is.

Golden State were arguably already better than Cleveland even without Durant. With Durant though? I think it's too much for the Cavs to handle.

He should hang back while things are going well. Save his appearance for if/when the team needs a lift.

I want to see Mike Brown give LeBron this L anyway.

As if Brown has anything to do with them winning. A damn cat could be the coach and they would still be at the exact same spot they are now.

I love all the hot takes where Brown and Lue are bums, helplessly watching from the sidelines.

Peeps said the same shit about Spo in the Heat Big 3 years.

Real test begin when the warriors to to Cleveland. Last year warriors looked good after the first two games then got pummeled in game 3, lost draymond in 4, lost Bogut in 5 and kyrie and LeBron woke the fuck up, Curry got tossed in 6....point is, shit can unravel quickly despite things looking dandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom