• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

I wouldn't mind adding Marc Gasol to the Celtics if they can pull it off. Pretty steep price tag for the next 2-3 years, but I don't see us adding any other outside talent in that price range over that time anyway. Unless, Danny believes someone like Porzingis or Davis will shake free, might as well plan out the roster for the next couple of years now.

Cornbread78

Unlikely but the perfect center. He's good at everything.

Yeah, he's got three years and about 75 mil left on his contract.

Why would Mem. want to give him up unless they are giving up in the west and just want to clear cap space for new FAs or they want to retool and go younger in the draft..

How would a gasol trade work? The C's don't even have enough cap space for Hayward as is.

I'm interested in that too, don't we need to clear cap space as it is? But if it's possible, Gasol would be really damn perfect.

Something will happen, I have no doubt of that. The big men rotation for Boston as it is right now is Horford, Mickey, Zizic and Zeller. Ainge is not batshit crazy enough to start the season like that IMO.

Yup. Why wait when Ainge doesn't want to part with his precious assets?

Yeah, why not be an idiot and do an idiot trade because the other GM isn't an idiot? I'm sure there's some middle ground that could have been reached, but no, Indy must consider offensive that Danny wouldn't give up both the Nets and Lakers picks. Fuck them and I hope they enjoy being the 9th seed.

Slizeezyc

I'm interested in that too, don't we need to clear cap space as it is? But if it's possible, Gasol would be really damn perfect.

Something will happen, I have no doubt of that. The big men rotation for Boston as it is right now is Horford, Mickey, Zizic and Zeller. Ainge is not batshit crazy enough to start the season like that IMO.

Zeller got cut already. Mickey is probably out as well.

The team doesn't need to be "perfect" when the season starts. It's more important to just figure something out by the trade deadline.

The Celtics will be fascinating moving forward. They have 60 million tied up in two players per season the next three years. Thomas, Bradley, Smart will be free agents next year.

Thomas will have a 12 million dollar cap hold, Bradley will have a 17 million dollar cap hold, Smart will have an 8.5 million dollar cap hold. So right there they're pretty much at 100 million and the cap as is. So if they renounce Bradley and Smart (or trade them this year), and they get down to the barest bones of 72 million in holds alone for their current big 3, it's still next to impossible to have any roster and still have max room again. So anything that does happen is going to have involve a trade now in terms of a major acquisition, unless they renounce a chunk of their role players and Thomas next season. Zarren is one of the best at manipulating a team's cap situation so maybe something wild can be done, but that's my general outlook at this point.

Bread

Banned
Lyle have you done any statistical studies using NBA2K? I'm interested to see if the Celtics have improved by picking up Gordong Hayward.

Yeah, he's got three years and about 75 mil left on his contract.

Why would Mem. want to give him up unless they are giving up in the west and just want to clear cap space for new FAs or they want to retool and go younger in the draft..

Could be they're giving up on the short term. Western Conference has gotten stacked this year and it was already brutal. It's highly unlikely Memphis will be able to do much in the next three years while he's locked up. Might as well maximize the return for him now.

Zeller got cut already. Mickey is probably out as well.

The team doesn't need to be "perfect" when the season starts. It's more important to just figure something out by the trade deadline.

Oh my bad, I forgot that about Zeller. Regardless, they can't go into a season with Horford, Zizic and Mickey. It's not even about perfection, it's that that big man rotation would be thin as fuck and any injury to Al would lead us to Zizicland featuring Mickey Mouse and I doubt Danny would allow that.

Servbot24

Banned
Lyle have you done any statistical studies using NBA2K? I'm interested to see if the Celtics have improved by picking up Gordong Hayward.

Biggordon Sword Hayward can do some damage but is not able to land the finishing blow since he does not have the power to repel evil.

spyder_ur

Oh my bad, I forgot that about Zeller. Regardless, they can't go into a season with Horford, Zizic and Mickey. It's not even about perfection, it's that that big man rotation would be thin as fuck and any injury to Al would lead us to Zizicland featuring Mickey Mouse and I doubt Danny would allow that.

Of course not. Big men are not getting paid so far this offseason - I think there will be quite serviceable options available using exceptions and minimums, and I think a trade is likely. I'm fine with backup bigs being the teams biggest weakness at the start of next season, to be honest.

Of course not. Big men are not getting paid so far this offseason - I think there will be quite serviceable options available using exceptions and minimums, and I think a trade is likely. I'm fine with backup bigs being the teams biggest weakness at the start of next season, to be honest.

So am I. I would like to have someone like Gasol and he would be really fantastic on this roster, but I'm fine with any role player available.

DD_IHKgUwAAqxW1

My studies included PG, gotta try again.

Top Bottom