• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

It's so dumb that Otto Porter and Redick make as much money and Kevin Durant. Durant is in his prime taking far less money than Curry who is breaking records, because the team must stay together. It's just bonkers.

Well he's doing the best friend thing and saving his billionaire owner some money that I'm sure he's getting anyway through other ventures said billionaire owner is involved in.

Boogs31

Really interested in seeing the Celtics this year. Hayward getting passes from IT/Horford not having to be the primary offensive player will be good for him. Maybe the Eastern finals will actually be interesting.

They still have no one who can guard LeBron and IT is still a defensive liability. They at least cemented their spot as the second best team in the East now. They relied on IT so much offensively last year because they didn't have any other playmakers, Hayward definitely helps take some of the load off IT's shoulders.

jmizzal

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@wojespn

Sources: The Clippers have reached agreement on a three-team deal to acquire free agent Danilo Gallinari on a three-year, $65M contract.

jdstorm

Banned
Can you name the projected Nets starting 5 for the upcoming season? No google allowed here.

Not even the Nets can do that right now. They are looking for a new PF. Also a lot depends on if they get their own free agents back.

Right now (No Google but i did look at their roster on BBref when making my last post)

Lin Russell Spencer Dinwittle (probably misspelled) Quin D'Arcy and Mosgov

Teams worse then Brooklyn next season.

Remember there are teams in the east that are actively trying to lose (Atlanta) are actively incompetant (New York, Orlando, Detroit) and then there are the teams that just arent that good (Chicago, Indy, Charlotte and Brooklyn)

Then there are teams that will lose a lot of games in the West, not because they are bad, but because the West is stacked.

Russ/Roberson/PG/Patterson/Adams gives you a ton of length, athleticism, and defensive switchability which you absolutely need against the Dubs. No one thinks they are going to win the series next year, but it is a roster that is coherently constructed to give them problems which is all you can really ask for.

Still playing 4vs5 on offense.

DD7e0yDV0AI7Bpw

Soon we could have 7/11 and 4/20 on the team. What a time to be alive!

Tommy DJ

Emotional sports fans often remind me just how conservative sports can be. I remember the Spurs SBNation community being pretty angry at Popovich supporting GLOBALISTS.

The Jazz SBNation page wrote a weird seemingly homophobic article about Hayward leaving. https://www.slcdunk.com/nba-free-ag...-jazz-miami-heat-otto-porter-danilo-gallinari

How homophobic could it be?

*Checks link*

Yeah this dude was trying to call Hayward gay for leaving the Jazz and then oddly backtracks about it talking about playing with nieces and nephews. Funny how some sports fan straight up feel like players owe them something.

Didn't even catch the whole Celtic pride thing in conjunction with the in the closet bit. This fool's dog whistles are too loud and he's backtracking.

LionPride

Banned
Reminder

The Suns tried to play lineups with IT, Dragon, and Bledshow on the court a lot

It ain't work out

These are the ghosts of NBA Past

legend166

The Celtics should have taken 2 games off the Cavs in the ECF this year. Obviously the Cavs would still be favourites but I think the Celtics could make it more competitive with Haywood.

I guess it depends on how good LeBron's gear is over summer.

Well, yeah, you're still hoping that Klay forgets how to shoot or Draymond goes nut hunting on Steven Adams again or something. You can't construct a roster to beat the Warriors without exogenous factors helping you along the way.

This is where the Warriors have such a nutso advantage. Their best lineup (Steph, Klay, KD, Dray and either Iggy or Livingston) can all at a bare minimum initiate the offense, create their own shot, and that lineup is stout defensively. They render one dimensional players like Roberson or Tristian Thompson borderline unplayable.

Slizeezyc

How homophobic could it be?

*Checks link*

Yeah this dude was trying to call Hayward gay for leaving the Jazz and then oddly backtracks about it talking about playing with nieces and nephews. Funny how some sports fan straight up feel like players owe them something.

Didn't even catch the whole Celtic pride thing in conjunction with the in the closet bit. This fool's dog whistles are too loud and he's backtracking.

It is Utah...

(Salt Lake actually has an awesome gay community, but it's sadly very much "in the closet" a lot of the time, in part due to this sort of undertone that was on display here in that SBNation post.)

Slizeezyc

The Celtics should have taken 2 games off the Cavs in the ECF this year. Obviously the Cavs would still be favourites but I think the Celtics could make it more competitive with Haywood.

I dunno, you think Brendan Haywood can still give the Celtics good minutes this year? Or do you think Haywoode Workman is gonna fix the games so the Celtics win more than 2?

mjp2417

Banned

I agree that the series is at least more competitive this year, but there's still a very real gap until LeBron declines/heads West. The Celtics were simply obliterated in 3 games and they only stole the one game because LeBron suddenly and mysteriously forgot how to play basketball and Marcus Smart turned into Steph Curry. Those aren't reproducible things that you can build on going forward and Hayward isn't enough to overcome that deficit (Hayward and George might have been).

TTG

Is Riley overrated as a gm now?

Well, he did a shit job in Lebron's last year. People always want to attribute him leaving to off court decisions or drama, but that roster was in shambles. Half of them retired, the rest spent the season watching Lebron do everything on the court. Like, Bosh is gonna have his jersey retired and all those all star appearances as a big man in the East probably send him to the hall of fame, but he made Mozgov look like prime Dwight Howard and Lebron had to cover all his bullshit. Similarly, that first year's roster is cartoonishly bad after the big 3.

tldr: He's not bad, but people in Miami seem to think he has magical powers of persuasion, they were really talking about Durant a year ago. He's also clearly been complacent towards the end with Lebron.

FZZ

Banned
I've been super high on Kuzma since we drafted him and seeing more footage

man

Him and Ball gonna be fun as fuck to watch

Ronin Ray

Did the spurs get better this year? I feel like they need to make a move. Parker is done and idk about MIlls.

The spurs are just trying to lock up there key pieces on the bench and will hopefully spend the next season developing there young talent. So no they didn't get any better this off season but if Murray keeps developing then they will be better.

Next off season they have way more cap room and can do something. Hopefully LMA Ops out and Parker, Ginobili and Gasol probably all be done at that point. So next season is just a wash to me but I really think the season after that they can do some things and maybe compete with the Warriors.

I am surprised though that that Mills contract happened instead of trying to do something with George Hill.

Top Bottom