• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Fjordson

Curry/Livingston
Thompson/Young
Durant/Iguodala
Green/Bell/Casspi/Jones/Loomey

Who plays center?
Bell and Jones are centers. If Kerr plays them at PF he's fucking up.

I'm guessing it'll be Zaza again or some random cheap pickup with Damian Jones and Jordan Bell off the bench.

Slizeezyc

From Feb to April

Jaylen- 29 of 78
Brandon- 22 of 68

Still wrong try again.

Stahpppp trying to big dick each other over sample sizes that don't matter.

I think this is a case where bad is good

He did have 7 turnovers and no assists. The shot going in was cool but his floor game still looked suspect at times. But since he won't be asked to be a playmaker much it's not really a huge deal. He just needs to 3 and D his balls off to get paid.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Stahpppp trying to big dick each other over sample sizes that don't matter.

Honest to God I'm not saying huurrrr jaylens this or that. I'm pointing out how stupid it is to say "call me when jaylen makes a shot" when Ingram has no ground to stand on.

TTG

I think they can finally rescue Klay from that Draymond + bench unit. He didn't have playmakers around him and it fucked his rotation to a point where he was coming back into games with less than 3 minutes to go in the half. Now he'll be back with KD and Curry more.

Curry/Young/Klay/KD/Draymong(Casspi) = GOAT 3 point shooting line up?

spyder_ur

Celts playing SL right now in Salt Lake. Awkward.

What's it like missing on a star like Hayward and then giving a long term contract to Dion Waiters instead? I need an analogy. What a fall from grace for Riles.

Slizeezyc

Celts playing SL right now in Salt Lake. Awkward.

What's it like missing on a star like Hayward and then giving a long term contract to Dion Waiters instead? I need an analogy. What a fall from grace for Riles.

Waiters has been deeper in the playoffs than Gordon's ever been, so Riles stays winning.

Slizeezyc

He looks slow to me.

A negative from college was an inability to drive or get to the rack with the ball and finish at a high degree, but I don't think he's slow. It just looks sort of pre-planned at times and robotic, which can come off looking slow. But that being said, in comparison to Brown, yeah he doesn't glide around the court like him.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Swaggy gonna feast on the Dubs. This team is better on paper than last years and that's terrifying.

spyder_ur

David Locke talking on summer league broadcast about Hayward possibly being a sign and trade. Also being reported by Salt Lake Tribune.

Tall4Life

Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying that I am going to have Summer League takes. It's just so fucking meaningless lol

It's the only thing we have at this point to keep us non-Warriors teams optimistic that we can actually achieve something next season

Jarate

Banned
Sixers and Celtics gonna be carrying the east for decades. especially with how incompetent the Bucks GM has been (who gives Tony Snell a 46 million dollar contract?)

There are far, far worse things you can do in this league than to give $52 million over 4 years to a 25 year old guard who can create his own shot, plays decent defense and shoots 40% from three.

Slizeezyc

Sixers and Celtics gonna be carrying the east for decades. especially with how incompetent the Bucks GM has been (who gives Tony Snell a 46 million dollar contract?)

A team who has no way to replace him if he leaves? And probably can't match if an offer sheet gets too big to begin with.

Jarate

Banned
There are far, far worse things you can do in this league than to give $52 million over 4 years to a 25 year old guard who can create his own shot, plays decent defense and shoots 40% from three.

Tony Snell is a bad basketball player. He's basically like a Hollis Thompson type player. It's a bad contract fam

A team who has no way to replace him if he leaves? And probably can't match if an offer sheet gets too big to begin with.

So the Bucks are completely out of assets! Oh, who wouldve ever guessed that the team that decided to give Greg Monroe a huge deal even though he sucks! The GM there is garbo, henson, Delly, Monroe and now Snell are bad contracts. #FREEGIANNIS

Slizeezyc

Tony Snell is a bad basketball player. He's basically like a Hollis Thompson type player. It's a bad contract fam

So the Bucks are completely out of assets! Oh, who wouldve ever guessed that the team that decided to give Greg Monroe a huge deal even though he sucks! The GM there is garbo, henson, Delly, Monroe and now Snell are bad contracts. #FREEGIANNIS

Well Monroe only has a year left, but yeah, unless they find a way to get off some money next offseason, they're sort of capped out at this juncture because Jabari will be up for an extension. If they let Jabari go, then they can probably scrounge up 15-20 million in space to find another person to put with Giannis.

spyder_ur

I don't like the Waiters contract. Money wise it's not disastrous (depending where the cap goes), but I'm not giving Waiters long-term money. He hasn't proven it and you're paying for his play during the best 45 game stretch of his career.

He's a career 35% 3 point shooter. He's best with the ball in his hands which he got more of a chance to do last season, but if your team has the ball in his hands alot, you're not very good.

Also, it's probably not going to be with the Celtics, but Abdel Nader is going to have an NBA career.

I don't like the Waiters contract. Money wise it's not disastrous (depending where the cap goes), but I'm not giving Waiters long-term money. He hasn't proven it and you're paying for his play during the best 45 game stretch of his career.

He's a career 35% 3 point shooter. He's best with the ball in his hands which he got more of a chance to do last season, but if your team has the ball in his hands alot, you're not very good.

Also, it's probably not going to be with the Celtics, but Abdel Nader is going to have an NBA career.

4/$52 is the going rate for a guy like Waiters in the current NBA. It's a fine contract. He's not a star, but he's not being paid like one. There's inherent risk with every contract, but When you look at what guys like Allan Crabbe or Tyler Johnson were paid, I'd take Waiters over them in ahearbeat.

spyder_ur

4/$52 is the going rate for a guy like Waiters in the current NBA. It's a fine contract. He's not a star, but he's not being paid like one. There's inherent risk with every contract, but When you look at what guys like Allan Crabbe or Tyler Johnson were paid, I'd take Waiters over them in ahearbeat.

I get it, it's not crazy by itself. But I don't like the player if you're trying to build a winning team. And having that much guaranteed cash tied up in Whiteside, Waiters, Johnson, etc. is terrifying to me and a sure path to mediocrity, IMO.

The Heat didn't have much choice after Danny spanked Riley, though.

Top Bottom