• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

ViciousDS

Banned
And then all of the refs should've walked off, when they made the female leave.

they should've

but too many people getting paid and they give no fucks. It's obvious the refs could have easily walked given the statement by their organization and immediately cutting ties with Adidas

TTG

So ummm, what the fuck are the Timberwolves doing?

There are 7 6'10 and up guys and Taj Gibson makes 8. Are Butler and Wiggins each going to play 46 minutes a game next year, or is one of these dudes the white Kevin Durant? Brandon Rush and Jamal Crawford?

Since it's already on the last page, I'll just repurpose it here:

giphy.gif

EDIT: The Pelicans are even more of a disaster. Look at this shit, LOOK at it.

But Lonzo is in the spotlight now. Bright lights.

He's not an idiot. I'm sure Magic and co. sat his ass down and laid down the law much like UCLA did before Lonzo's freshman season started. I don't anticipate any issues. Lavar will continue to play the hot take media like a fiddle but it will probably have zero impact on the Lakers locker room.

He's not an idiot. I'm sure Magic and co. sat his ass down and laid down the law much like UCLA did before Lonzo's freshman season started. I don't anticipate any issues. Lavar will continue to play the hot take media like a fiddle but it will probably have zero impact on the Lakers locker room.
I hope they did. I'm getting tired of hearing Lavar and basketball in the same sentence.

Lavar is a racist, mysogynist prick and a shitty father.

Imagine pulling your kid and the rest of his team out of a game because you got caught in your own feelings.

Sorry son, I know you're having fun but daddy's got an ego to protect.

jdstorm

Banned
So ummm, what the fuck are the Timberwolves doing?

There are 7 6'10 and up guys and Taj Gibson makes 8. Are Butler and Wiggins each going to play 46 minutes a game next year, or is one of these dudes the white Kevin Durant? Brandon Rush and Jamal Crawford?

Since it's already on the last page, I'll just repurpose it here:

giphy.gif

EDIT: The Pelicans are even more of a disaster. Look at this shit, LOOK at it.

Not a huge deal for the Wolves. Most are justified guys

Kat is a star
Dieng is a solid starter who can shoot a bit, will play lots of PF
Patton super high potential guy might be the steal of the draft. Will play G League this season
Gibson. Need a 3rd big to pair with Dieng and Kat
Payne a Channing Frye type stretch 4
Aldrich : a bad contract that Minni just have to eat.

Plus the two Euro guys.

Overall thats only 6 bigs and 1 project and 1 guy they want to dump. Given the adition of 2 way contracts thats still less then half of the roster and it looks like at least Payne is a perimiter orientated PF.

You have those 6 guys split the 96 PF/C minutes availiable. Kat plays 34 so that leaves Gibson, Dieng, Payne and/or 1 euro guy to split 62 minutes. Thats about 20 minutes each and pretty reasonable.

Meanwhile Wiggins, Butler, Shabazz and Crawford will split the 96 SG/SF minutes likely as Wiggins 32 Butler 32 Shabazz Shabazz 16 Crawford 16

Then Teague and Ennis split all the PG minutes.

As far as plans go that is pretty solid. Especially with Teague Butler Wiggins Gibson and Kat as the crunch time 5 in theory.

I don't think Lavar is stupid enough to pull his antics with the Lakers or UCLA. He knows he can get away with it while getting free publicity for doing this shit at AAU games.

Meanwhile Wiggins, Butler, Shabazz and Crawford will split the 96 SG/SF minutes likely as Wiggins 32 Butler 32 Shabazz Shabazz 16 Crawford 16

Come on, it's Thibs - he will ride Jimmy and play him at minimum 38 minutes per game. Probably 40 plus and Jimmy likes it that way too.

Dragun619

Seeing how Thibs likes to play his starters a ton of minutes, Has any player ever complained about playing too many minutes throughout the season? Did LeBron say anything last season about playing all them 40+ min games especially near playoff time?

jdstorm

Banned
Come on, it's Thibs - he will ride Jimmy and play him at minimum 38 minutes per game. Probably 40 plus and Jimmy likes it that way too.

Maybe. I just used more reasonable numbers to show that the depth chart works fine. I would not be suprised if Teague Buttler Wiggins Kat and Gibson were all playing 36-40 MPG each.

Cornbread78

Seeing how Thibs likes to play his starters a ton of minutes, Has any player ever complained about playing too many minutes throughout the season? Did LeBron say anything last season about playing all them 40+ min games especially near playoff time?

Well, lucky for him, he only needs to play about 20 mins a game to coast into the play-offs this year..

Boogs31

Not a huge deal for the Wolves. Most are justified guys

Kat is a star
Dieng is a solid starter who can shoot a bit, will play lots of PF
Patton super high potential guy might be the steal of the draft. Will play G League this season
Gibson. Need a 3rd big to pair with Dieng and Kat
Payne a Channing Frye type stretch 4
Aldrich : a bad contract that Minni just have to eat.

Plus the two Euro guys.

Overall thats only 6 bigs and 1 project and 1 guy they want to dump. Given the adition of 2 way contracts thats still less then half of the roster and it looks like at least Payne is a perimiter orientated PF.

You have those 6 guys split the 96 PF/C minutes availiable. Kat plays 34 so that leaves Gibson, Dieng, Payne and/or 1 euro guy to split 62 minutes. Thats about 20 minutes each and pretty reasonable.

Then Teague and Ennis split all the PG minutes.

As far as plans go that is pretty solid. Especially with Teague Butler Wiggins Gibson and Kat as the crunch time 5 in theory.

Bjelica when healthy, is a much better player than Payne. But he's coming off a serious injury and who knows when he'll be back. Payne has done absolutely nothing in his NBA career to indicate he's a worthy rotation player.

I would'nt say Dieng is a solid starter either. He's pretty average when it comes to NBA big men. And he's not an effective power forward. If Minnesota plays a lot of minutes with Gibson and Dieng together they will really struggle to score given that neither of them can shoot threes, post up (Gibson can a bit I guess), or provide vertical spacing.

Their wing rotation is redundant. All three of Wiggins, Butler and Muhammad like to post up and/or isolate. None are them are great three point shooters.

Crawford is an aging player that is only getting worse and is also most comfortable with the ball in his hands.

This roster is a mess. There's no other way to put it. They severely lack shooting and they have way too many guys that need the ball to be effective. They have plenty of talent on the roster, but how the talent meshes together is extremely important.

Also, Tyus Jones is the backup point guard right? Who's Ennis? If you're referring to Tyler Ennis, he plays for the Lakers.

I don't think Lavar is stupid enough to pull his antics with the Lakers or UCLA. He knows he can get away with it while getting free publicity for doing this shit at AAU games.

His comments to the ref about her being insecure due to being a woman were pretty disgusting and he sounded like a complete imbecile and not like a bad guy persona. He's not bright enough to do this for long, he'll either fade away or do something idiotic that will make him go away. Win-win.

jdstorm

Banned
Bjelica when healthy, is a much better player than Payne. But he's coming off a serious injury and who knows when he'll be back. Payne has done absolutely nothing in his NBA career to indicate he's a worthy rotation player.

I would'nt say Dieng is a solid starter either. He's pretty average when it comes to NBA big men. And he's not an effective power forward. If Minnesota plays a lot of minutes with Gibson and Dieng together they will really struggle to score given that neither of them can shoot threes, post up (Gibson can a bit I guess), or provide vertical spacing.

Their wing rotation is redundant. All three of Wiggins, Butler and Muhammad like to post up and/or isolate. None are them are great three point shooters.

Crawford is an aging player that is only getting worse and is also most comfortable with the ball in his hands.

This roster is a mess. There's no other way to put it. They severely lack shooting and they have way too many guys that need the ball to be effective. They have plenty of talent on the roster, but how the talent meshes together is extremely important.

Also, Tyus Jones is the backup point guard right? Who's Ennis? If you're referring to Tyler Ennis, he plays for the Lakers.

That Jones/Ennis thing was a typo. My bad. Still i think you are underrating Minny's shooting. Teague, Jones, Wiggins, Shabazz, Crawford, Butler and Towns have all had seasons where they shot above league average from 3. Gibson also has a solid midrange that will help space the floor a little.

Im trying to hedge my bets on this roster because i like KAT and Wiggins, but trading Lavine for Butler was a mistake. Honestly Minny might end up with a top 5 pick this year because the West is so loaded.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Ian Clark goes to Pelicans for 1/$1.6. Warriors clearly liked Nick a lot more; they could've easily brought back Clark with a $3-5mm offer.

Dynomutt

Gaf ESPN is eating on this LBJ/Kyrie stuff. What will ESPN do when LBJ retires their front page and news cycle will dry up. ESPN is really LSPN.

effzee

Gaf ESPN is eating on this LBJ/Kyrie stuff. What will ESPN do when LBJ retires their front page and news cycle will dry up. ESPN is really LSPN.

I guess they truly will be in trouble when arguably the #1 star in the world and top 5 player of all time retires.

LionPride

Banned
I'd like to mention that during Big 3, Stephen Jackson and Charles Oakley got into an argument and I'm positive Oak woulda kicked Jax's ass

Bread

Banned
Kryie's gonna end up on a team like Brooklyn or Phoenix. I doubt he really ends up on any team on his wishlist.
Brooklyn has nothing to give. They probably have the worst chance of any team in the league in landing Kyrie.

Phoenix on the other hand is a smart bet, they should just give Bledsoe and Jackson and get it over with.

Top Bottom