• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

The Pacers need to go back to their best uniforms:

miller-jersey.jpg
Boom Baby!!!!

It's weird because I seem to remember interviews with Kyrie either during the playoffs or after, and all he had was praise for LeBron and how he lifts everyone to play better.

Didn't really get the vibe he's giving nowadays. Wonder what got to him.

It's weird because I seem to remember interviews with Kyrie either during the playoffs or after, and all he had was praise for LeBron and how he lifts everyone to play better.

Didn't really get the vibe he's giving nowadays. Wonder what got to him.

He wants to leave cause he knows Lebron is gonna leave next summer.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He's not giving off any vibe, it's Windhorst and the rest of the clown cart trashing him. But feel free to jump into bed with Cleveland fans if you want to buy into this drama.

Seriously? If none of this shit was true... you'd think at some point he'd say hes happy to be in Cleveland and he doesn't want to go anywhere. Theres been nothing but silence for a reason. He's not picking up the phone when they call him, the dude wants out and is hellbent on it. He's burned every single bridge on his way out of town, its not "drama".

Bronx-Man

Banned
I don't blame Kyrie a bit for anything. Had to deal with LeBron's moody ass for years and found out Gilbert wanted to trade him anyway. Dude can't trust anyone in that front office right now.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Seriously? If none of this shit was true... you'd think at some point he'd say hes happy to be in Cleveland and he doesn't want to go anywhere. Theres been nothing but silence for a reason. He's not picking up the phone when they call him, the dude wants out and is hellbent on it. He's burned every single bridge on his way out of town, its not "drama".

Yep.

No one would be on radio silence, if they were getting absolutely dragged in the media, and the situation was fabricated.

When the owner and GM hold a joint press conference, while Cavs legend Drew Gooden is outchea saying Ky and Bron should throw hands, shit is more real than real.

I don't blame Kyrie a bit for anything. Had to deal with LeBron's moody ass for years and found out Gilbert wanted to trade him anyway. Dude can't trust anyone in that front office right now.

Sounds like Lamar Odom.

TTG

I didn't say anything about him wanting to be in Cleveland, it's all this other nonsense about everyone's feelings and motives being "reported". What, you want him to get on First Take? He's right to keep out of the pig sty.

And he saved Klay's life in the finals, let's not forget that.

Ripenen

Could Kryie's motives be purely financial? I read that he's eligible for the super max or whatever in two years if he stays with Cleveland, but what are the odds the Cavs would actually pay that? If LeBron leaves they'll blow it all up and Kryie will be gone anyway. All Kyrie is trying to do is accelerate the process.

If a super max contract is not on the table with the Cavs, then it does make sense for Kyrie to want to go somewhere he can be the number 1 option so he can put up some crazy stats, maybe even get an MVP, and have the spotlight to himself.

Build up his perceived value then in two years either he stays with that team and they give him a huge contract, or some other team that can afford it will give him a huge contract. This next signing Kryie does is the biggest of his career and he only gets one shot at it. No matter where he goes unless he gets injured he'll probably get more than he would staying with the Cavs.

P.S. I'm still learning about NBA contracts so I could be completely wrong here.

Could Kryie's motives be purely financial?

I'd say yes. He will make more money over the course of his career being the star of a franchise somewhere else.

He is less likely to win more championships, but he has one already and just wants that $$$ now.

Also, ego. He can never be the top guy while on the same team as LeBron.

Could Kryie's motives be purely financial? I read that he's eligible for the super max or whatever in two years if he stays with Cleveland, but what are the odds the Cavs would actually pay that? If LeBron leaves they'll blow it all up and Kryie will be gone anyway. All Kyrie is trying to do is accelerate the process.

If a super max contract is not on the table with the Cavs, then it does make sense for Kyrie to want to go somewhere he can be the number 1 option so he can put up some crazy stats, maybe even get an MVP, and have the spotlight to himself.

Build up his perceived value then in two years either he stays with that team and they give him a huge contract, or some other team that can afford it will give him a huge contract. This next signing Kryie does is the biggest of his career and he only gets one shot at it. No matter where he goes unless he gets injured he'll probably get more than he would staying with the Cavs.

P.S. I'm still learning about NBA contracts so I could be completely wrong here.

He needs either one or two all-NBA teams iirc to be eligible for the super max. In any case, the only team that can offer him it is the Cavs, even if he gets traded, as he was drafted by them, and has spent his career with them.

Every team in the legal would give Kyrie the max (that they can give him, cavs' max is just larger). It's uncertain if Kyrie would even qualify for the super max in two years, but being traded right now seals it off for sure.

ViciousDS

Banned
Looks like Court Club Elite killed its relationship with Adidas after that Uprising Summer champions due to that female ref being pulled.

On one hand, LaVar needs to honestly shut the fuck up

on the other hand....They should never had pulled that Ref. The Ref should have ejected Ball.

Medcalf reported Friday that officials from Adidas had told officials to avoid issuing technical fouls to Ball because he drew so much attention to the event. A source told Medcalf that the apparel company wanted to "put three officials on the game who will keep him in the building."

This dude is a problem already........

But I don't get it. If the problem with Ball and the whole situation is that "he drew so much attention to the event", then fucking remove him from the event altogether. It sounds like they want the attention but without the backlash, they want the controversy without people getting annoyed. They want the unicorn.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Looks like Court Club Elite killed its relationship with Adidas after that Uprising Summer champions due to that female ref being pulled.

On one hand, LaVar needs to honestly shut the fuck up

on the other hand....They should never had pulled that Ref. The Ref should have ejected Ball.

And then all of the refs should've walked off, when they made the female leave.

Top Bottom