• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Kickz

full

That ThiboWolves shade tho
full

Man this offseason has been amazing. A team fresh off winning a chip stands united, while the other that was fresh off of losing appears to have the wheels fallen off the wagon completely.

maxxpower

I didn't know that people didn't really like Ian Clark. I think he's a pretty good player. I would love to see him as the starting PG for the Spurs.

Boogs31

I didn't know that people didn't really like Ian Clark. I think he's a pretty good player. I would love to see him as the starting PG for the Spurs.

He's not good. He has played on an outstanding team that lets him utilize all his strengths and cover for all his weaknesses. He's not better than Tony Parker or Patty Mills. If Ian Clark was the starter the Spurs would be significantly worse. He's a below average defensive player. He's not quick enough to defend point guards and he's too small to defend shooting guards. He can't pass or run a pick and roll. The only thing he does at an above average level is shoot threes. And even that skill is limited to just standstill catch and shoot threes.

Dragun619

I dunno if Ian Clark was good or not but, Bruh, the Spurs already have 8 guards on the roster with like 6 of them that could play point & shoot some 3's. I'm certain that we're pretty set with our guard rotation, lol.

pacers-2017-f.png

What do you think of those new Indy jerseys? I hate this recent retro trend of text around the perimeter of a circle but looks alright here. They just tried to make it too modern with those stripes.

maruchan

This wont go thru. They are just gonna use this as an excuse to move to Seattle, where they belong.
,the land in sodo if they build their will be worth more than anything in Inglewood, I can see the clippers moving and changing them to the Sonia's clippers have no history. Except a history of losing and bad ownership.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Its like Kyrie actually does want Lebron to beat his ass. Steph mocking Lebron's workout videos with Kyrie laughing in the background is pretty amazing though.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Ain't nobody moving to daggone Seattle, least of all a team in Los Angeles.
The Clippers are beyond irrevelant in LA. When you think Los Angeles sports, you think of:

Lakers
Dodgers
Kings
Trojans
UCLA

before you think Clippers. Whereas if Steve brought the Sonics back, Seattle would worship him and the team like greek gods. That sounds a lot more favorable than settling for sixth place.

The Clippers are beyond irrevelant in LA. When you think Los Angeles sports, you think of:

Lakers
Dodgers
Kings
Trojans
UCLA

before you think Clippers. Whereas if Steve brought the Sonics back, Seattle would worship him and the team like greek gods.

It doesn't matter. You don't leave the 2nd largest tv market for Seattle unless you are a complete moron. In LA and with their own arena they stand to make a killing. Ballmer himself has said as much. They aren't moving. Hell the owners would probably reject it.

The Pacers need to go back to their best uniforms:

Those new uni's probably would look better with pinstripes, everything's better with pinstripes. Remember that phase? I blame some pencil pusher attributing the sales of Orlando Magic jersey's in the '90s to pinstripes and not who was wearing them.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It doesn't matter. You don't leave the 2nd largest tv market for Seattle unless you are a complete moron. In LA and with their own arena they stand to make a killing. Ballmer himself has said as much. They aren't moving. Hell the owners would probably reject it.

Agree its dumb for him to do it (in regards to money anyway) but I'm not sure why the owners would reject it. Feel like a good 10 teams or so would jump at the chance of moving to LA so why would they stop him from leaving when they can fill the gap themselves

Lakers
Dodgers
Kings
Trojans
UCLA

before you think Clippers. Whereas if Steve brought the Sonics back, Seattle would worship him and the team like greek gods.Rl That sounds a lot more favorable than settling for sixth place.

Plus no state income tax

Agree its dumb for him to do it (in regards to money anyway) but I'm not sure why the owners would reject it. Feel like a good 10 teams or so would jump at the chance of moving to LA so why would they stop him from leaving when they can fill the gap themselves

Because when it comes time to negotiate tv deals for the entire league (which all of the owners eat off of), having a team in the 2nd largest market over a team in the 10th (or whatever Seattle is) is valuable. It'd be one thing if you were talking leaving Memphis or OKC or NOLA for Seattle. The idea of moving the Clipa to Seattle is pure fantasy. Ballmer has said so himself.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Those new uni's probably would look better with pinstripes, everything's better with pinstripes. Remember that phase? I blame some pencil pusher attributing the sales of Orlando Magic jersey's in the '90s to pinstripes and not who was wearing them.

I'm still unbelievably pissed the Hornets dropped the pinstripes when they came back to Charlotte. Like wtf Jordan?

I'm still unbelievably pissed the Hornets dropped the pinstripes when they came back to Charlotte. Like wtf Jordan?

It might be fake but there are images of a Jumpman logo on what may be the Return of the Pinstripe

hornets-jordan-jersey-lead-copy.jpg

...or it could just be one of their Alt jersey's for retro night.

Its like Kyrie actually does want Lebron to beat his ass. Steph mocking Lebron's workout videos with Kyrie laughing in the background is pretty amazing though.

It was awesome. And I feel a bit for Kyrie man, he was the one who hit the shot to win the title for the Cavs and all you hear is Lebron this, Lebron that. Remember these guys all have huge egos so that shit has to be maddening for him.

Fjordson

That Kyrie and Steph video is hilarious.

Always lowkey been the most likable player on the Cavs. Looking forward to him on a different team so I can root for him.

I feel like the Clippers lost a chance by having Ballmer decide not to completely redo their image and rename them.

After years of mismanagement I feel like the Clippers name and brand was tainted beyond repair. They needed to create a different image more akin to that of the Grizzlies, a more gritty underdog teams to contrast with the Lakers image.

Instead they tried to become the Lakers in place of the Lakers and people don't like copycats.

Top Bottom