• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Cheebo

Banned
JDStorm fascinates me so much. He is the only NBA fan on the planet who thinks Monroe is anything but a average at best back-up big and that the fucking NETS are going to have a better record than the playoff locked Timberwolves and likely playoff teams like Pistons or the Hornets.

He is like the Stephen A. Smith of NBA GAF, except with even more bizarre takes.

Servbot24

Banned
JDStorm fascinates me so much. He is the only NBA fan on the planet who thinks Monroe is anything but a average at best back-up big and that the fucking NETS are going to have a better record than the playoff locked Timberwolves and likely playoff teams like Pistons or the Hornets.

He is like the Stephen A. Smith of NBA GAF, except with even more bizarre takes.
What's the craziest SAS take you've heard? Almost everything I hear him say is relatively reasonable

Duxxy3

Personally I hope the deal is voided.

Of course the Celtics knew that IT had hip issues, and realistically probably won't pass a physical (unless his new team wants him to).

From the Cavs perspective it's a great move. They would still find a trade partner to get rid of Kyrie. And they screw with the chemistry of the Celtics.

Not sure how they can get out of the deal.

Easy. IT failed his physical. Trade is voided.

Sam Amico
Sam Amico @AmicoHoops
Sources: Teams have yet to talk, but #Celtics do not believe Isaiah Thomas will be cleared by a #Cavs physical, planning for more dialogue.
What is going on
*rocks back and forth

The trade won't be voided though, pretty sure they'll just renegotiate some how. I'm not taking my Cavs IT jersey off

Duxxy3

What a shit storm Ainge just made in the locker room if the trade is voided...

He deserves all the shit he's going to get if the trade falls through. He knew the that hip was going to be a problem. He took a risk that Cleveland would just gloss over it.

Good on Cleveland for not just glossing over it.

Damn, what a bizarre, roller-coaster this off-season has been. I don't understand Danny's thinking on this one. Seems like the Celtics knew he wouldn't pass the physical, so why do the trade? Just hoping once Kyrie is "out" of Cleveland that the Cavs won't reneg? That's a huge gamble, and IT and Crowder are not going to be shy about how pissed they are if they're forced back to Boston.

What a shit storm Ainge just made in the locker room if the trade is voided...
Well at this point it seems the Celtics have no choice but to keep negotiating? Can't really let those guys back in the locker room after this.

So it would appear that maybe the Cavs are on the path of getting more from the Celtics?🤔🤔🤔

Again I don't think the whole trade will be voided

Well at this point it seems the Celtics have no choice but to keep negotiating? Can't really let those guys back in the locker room after this.

So it would appear that maybe the Cavs are on the path of getting more from the Celtics?🤔🤔🤔

Tatum to learn under LeBron for one year. Becleave it

What

Hoya legend, Greg Monroe, is the prize of this nba off-season. JD told me so

So are the Cavs saying the C's were dishonest about ITs medical records or are they just trying to screw them out of more picks? It seems strange that both teams would be so open about this deal before it was completely done.

Ronin Ray

What's the craziest SAS take you've heard? Almost everything I hear him say is relatively reasonable

I remember when he threatened Kevin Durant on TV that was pretty nuts.

This offseason is the gift that just keeps on giving.

What happens if the spurs trade LMA for Greg Monroe.

Does hitta get to come back to debate JD over who got the best of the deal?

Duxxy3

It was arguably a lopsided deal in the first place, and now the only way to complete it is to make the deal even more lopsided? If Danny is willing to let himself be extorted by this, he shouldn't be GM.

effzee

I remember when he threatened Kevin Durant on TV that was pretty nuts.

This offseason is the gift that just keeps on giving.

What happens if the spurs trade LMA for Greg Monroe.

Does hitta get to come back to debate JD over who got the best of the deal?

When did he threaten KD ? Over what?

Dragun619

This is the part where the cavs should ask Danny for another pick or you take Iman shumpert.

spyder_ur

Crossposting:

For the Cavs to have raised this issue, I think one of four things has to be true:

1) The Cavs didn't properly review the medicals that the Celtics sent over and discovered something during the physical that made them nervous, or their doctors disagree with the consensus.
2) The Cavs feel like they can use this situation to extort more assets from the Celts
3) The Cavs are waffling on trading Kyrie
4) The Celtics either didn't send complete medicals or somehow were otherwise deceptive on this issue

1, 2, and 3 are bad looks for the Cavs in GM circles (1 slightly less so). 4 is obviously a really, really bad look for the Celtics that would probably prompt punitive measures.

I don't see why it's harder for IT to come back to Boston than Kyrie go back to whatever the hell is happening in Cleveland this summer.

Also, if the Cavs get only a broken down IT, Crowder, and future picks for Kyrie, that's a disaster in LeBron's last year. Getting a ready fill in for Kyrie THIS year was a huge part of the deal.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
It's probably that IT's situation is clearly worse than they were led to believe by the medical records. You can have one team doc be overly optimistic about things, and another be pessimistic about the same injury.

It's not that uncommon that a guy who is injured fails a physical.. because until you get your own guys to look at them you don't really know.

It could also be slightly worse than they first thought and are using that to extort more from the Celtics.

..but I think how it plays out will show us how bad the injury really is.

megalowho

Crossposting:

For the Cavs to have raised this issue, I think one of four things has to be true:

1) The Cavs didn't properly review the medicals that the Celtics sent over and discovered something during the physical that made them nervous, or their doctors disagree with the consensus.
2) The Cavs feel like they can use this situation to extort more assets from the Celts
3) The Cavs are waffling on trading Kyrie
4) The Celtics either didn't send complete medicals or somehow were otherwise deceptive on this issue

1, 2, and 3 are bad looks for the Cavs in GM circles (1 slightly less so). 4 is obviously a really, really bad look for the Celtics that would probably prompt punitive measures.

I don't see why it's harder for IT to come back to Boston than Kyrie go back to whatever the hell is happening in Cleveland this summer.

Also, if the Cavs get only a broken down IT, Crowder, and future picks for Kyrie, that's a disaster in LeBron's last year. Getting a ready fill in for Kyrie THIS year was a huge part of the deal.
Co-sign all this, though the Nets pick is still the centerpiece of the deal over the players. Cavs will be hard pressed to find a better future asset on the market for Kyrie than that unprotected pick, and they owe it to the franchise to operate under the assumption that LeBron is leaving next summer. It can be argued which team would have a bigger mess on their hands but voiding the trade would be a mini disaster on both sides.

Find it a little weird that the Cavs haven't been in discussions with the Celtics front office yet, they went to Woj and made it a front page story. Feels like games being played given that IT's recovery timeline was not a surprise. Still expect it to go through, possibly with some additional pick compensation, but the offseason keeps delivering so who knows.

Two thoughts:

1) This could be IT overselling his injury to the Cavs to try and screw over the team that just traded him.

2) Danny needs to be on the phone with every other GM in the league about this telling them that he sent over IT's full medicals and that he was totally open about the injury. This is Koby's first transaction and if he torpedoes it it is a real bad look and can damage his reputation and his ability to make deals going forward. Danny should be getting the other GMs to reach out to Koby and letting him know that he is screwing himself with this.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Co-sign all this, though the Nets pick is still the centerpiece of the deal over the players. Cavs will be hard pressed to find a better future asset on the market for Kyrie than that unprotected pick, and they owe it to the franchise to operate under the assumption that LeBron is leaving next summer. It can be argued which team would have a bigger mess on their hands but voiding the trade would be a mini disaster on both sides.

Find it a little weird that the Cavs haven't been in discussions with the Celtics front office yet, they went to Woj and made it a front page story. Feels like games being played given that IT's recovery timeline was not a surprise. Still expect it to go through, possibly with some additional pick compensation, but the offseason keeps delivering so who knows.

That pick isn't the shining get from all this.

Nobody would trade Kyrie for that pick and Crowder.

Looks like the Celtics should have drafted Lonzo or Fultz now.

jbug617

Banned
My guess the resolution might be another pick from the Celtics (their own future 1st) or maybe offer the Cavs the choice between the BK pick or the LAL/SAC pick (which one is higher).

Bread

Banned
Damn if this trade were to be voided the Celtics would be pretty fucked. They'd basically have to get rid of Thomas and Crowder asap.

Damn if this trade were to be voided the Celtics would be pretty fucked. They'd basically have to get rid of Thomas and Crowder asap.
Don't think it'll get voided. That nets pick is pretty big to us.....

But I did just order my Tatum Cavs jersey
probably another draft pick added or something

Top Bottom