• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

Gigglepoo

If this trade falls through, isn't it worse for Boston? Kyrie will still have suitors but the Celtics will be stuck with a broken IT and no long- or short-term solution at point.

If this trade falls through, isn't it worse for Boston? Kyrie will still have suitors but the Celtics will be stuck with a broken IT and no long- or short-term solution at point.
Or it deflates IT value on the open market and he signs long term for less while CLE is forced to take a less valuable offer and Lebron bolts the East.

It's not like BOS is in a win now mode the still have Brown/Tatum and 1st rd picks from BKN, LAL, MEM, LAC

Or it deflates IT value on the open market and he signs long term for less while CLE is forced to take a less valuable offer and Lebron bolts the East.

It's not like BOS is in a win now mode the still have Brown/Tatum and 1st rd picks from BKN, LAL, MEM, LAC

They didn't sign Horford and Heyward to not be in "win now" mode. They have a lot of future assets but those are largely unknowns. They are banking on winning now.

Chris Haynes (former Cavs reporter and now at ESPN) was on local TV here and said it would not shock him if this wasn't the Cavs plan all along to try to get more from Boston by making this public after agreeing to a deal

http://www.csnne.com/video/chris-haynes-wouldnt-be-surprised-if-was-cavaliers-plan-all-along

Anything's possible but I can't imagine a GM would risk his reputation pulling something like that.

They didn't sign Horford and Heyward to not be in "win now" mode. They have a lot of future assets but those are largely unknowns. They are banking on winning now.

I think they're built to win in 2-3 years more than right now.

Except they know they can't beat Lebron let alone GS. Hayward's young enough to be apart of the next step. Honestly if I doubt Horford is there for two more seasons, I can't imagine them extending him at 33/34 years old. With Irving there on the same two year window as Horford things they shift into a win now mode, you would probably see more vet signing short term to make a championship run. But the idea is to obtain cheap talent via the draft and compete before you have to pay them all and cripple your salary cap. Similar to what GS did but backwards.

Anything's possible but I can't imagine a GM would risk his reputation pulling something like that.

I think they're built to win in 2-3 years more than right now.

THere is no telling what those guys (especially Horford) are going to be in 3 years. Guys fall off quicker than you think in the NBA. You don't spend the money they have spent on free agents to try and win in 3 years. Windows shut faster than you can imagine, and nothing (especially unknown draft picks and rookie prospects) are guaranteed.

THere is no telling what those guys (especially Horford) are going to be in 3 years. Guys fall off quicker than you think in the NBA. You don't spend the money they have spent on free agents to try and win in 3 years. Windows shut faster than you can imagine, and nothing (especially unknown draft picks and rookie prospects) are guaranteed.

I agree but I'm also not convinced Hortford was brought in to be a large part of the next Celtics championship team. Outside of him a window that starts in at least a year from now makes sense to me, hopefully by then LeBron won't be on the Cavs anymore and the C's will have a clear path to the finals.

TTG

Durant and Simmons finally recorded a good podcast, it was a tune out before every time KD started whining about how the fans don't really love him. This time was mostly a mailbag and part 1 was great. Haven't gotten to part 2 yet, but it's good easy listening at the gym or whatever.

It kind of sets the market on what Kyrie is worth and I don't see another team giving that much up unless Thomas' injury is so bad he'll barely play at all this year.

What the hell are the Cavs doing right now? Supposedly the teams haven’t talked about amending the trade. Are they going to wait until right before the deadline before making demands?

If it sets the market in Kyrie's value, how come another team won't come up with a comparable trade?
Who else can offer an All-star replacement PG, a starting caliber SF on a cheap deal and unprotected lotto pick likely in the top 5

BOS can offer more than anyone else, if CLE passes on the deal because they don't think IT will be 100% come playoff time they will be taking a worse offer from someone else.

"Milwaukee called, told us they'd do Greg Monroe for Kyrie straight up, what do we do? We already traded for Isaiah!"

"Get Trump's doctor on line 1. I've... got... a... plan."

What the hell are the Cavs doing right now? Supposedly the teams haven’t talked about amending the trade. Are they going to wait until right before the deadline before making demands?

I mean, if the Celtics have no intention of adding anything to the trade what's there to talk about? I don't think Danny even listens to Koby is they want to put Brown or Jayson on the table.

I mean, if the Celtics have no intention of adding anything to the trade what's there to talk about? I don't think Danny even listens to Koby is they want to put Brown or Jayson on the table.

Regardless of what the Cavs’ demands are, the longer they go without finalizing the deal or talking with the Celtics at all the shadier they look to me. I also don’t believe that the Celtics won’t add anything to the deal, I just don’t think they’re going to add any of the young guys or valuable first round picks.

Regardless of what the Cavs’ demands are, the longer they go without finalizing the deal or talking with the Celtics at all the shadier they look to me. I also don’t believe that the Celtics won’t add anything to the deal, I just don’t think they’re going to add any of the young guys or valuable first round picks.

I don't think its neccesarily shady if their docs really have a different medical opinion on IT than Boston's docs did. Getting a reasonably healthy IT for a season was a big part of the value for Cleveland.

jbug617

Banned
Update from Woj. Cavs just want a late 1st or 2nd round picks.
Cleveland and Boston officials started to engage each other on a solution on Tuesday, league sources told ESPN. Cleveland is no longer seeking one of the Celtics' top young players or significant draft picks, league sources said. The Cavaliers could be inclined to complete the deal for a late first-round pick or second-round considerations, league sources said.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20501325/isaiah-thomas-says-return-hip-injury-same-player

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
In interview, Isaiah Thomas tells me on hip injury: "I am not damaged. I’ll be back and I’ll be the same player.”
My cav :")
Steve Kyler @stevekylerNBA
What I was told is Cavs not optimistic Boston's rehab plan is/was the best course and that Thomas likely to have more issues.
:/

megalowho

bucks-unveil-classic-edition-uniform_fullsize_story1.jpg

The Bucks throwback jersey would be clean af without the Harley-Davidson patch

Top Bottom