• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason 2017 |OT| Only Big Ballers™ Allowed *please pay $495 to be a Big Baller

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
If the deal falls through, Crowder comes back. He knows it's business and wasn't in the long term plans. He'll be fine. Zizic doesn't care either way.

Isaiah... if the injury is legit, who knows when he'll be back. Maybe that gives him enough time to cool down.

What? There's simply no way you just "cool down" after you were tossed aside after all the recruiting and work he put in for the franchise. It's clear how they see him and he will simply be pissed off.

Gigglepoo

What? There's simply no way you just "cool down" after you were tossed aside after all the recruiting and work he put in for the franchise. It's clear how they see him and he will simply be pissed off.

Remember how everyone ripped Dan Gilbert because of his emotional reaction to LeBron leaving? We all thought he was a putz; it's a business and LeBron can do what he wants.

The same professionalism applies to players. I don't expect a GM to cry if a player bolts and I don't expect a player to mope because he was almost traded.

jbug617

Banned
For a deal that is up in the air, weird timing for them to tweet this.
grBfcwm.png

https://twitter.com/cavs/status/901962112792125440

Don't give up Taytum unless Kyrie agrees to a 5 year contract extension

All of these players and picks for one player?
After all these years of Ainge being stingy af
Wtf

Holdup, how is this deal not finished?

Cavs not happy with IT's physical. They want more in the deal. Celtics are arguing that they told the Cavs all about the hip before they agreed to the deal and that is why the BK pick is part of the deal.

It won't be formally completed until the Cavs agree to waive Isaiah's failed physical. The deadline for that is sometime this week, like Wednesday or Thursday I think?

Danny trying to figure out which of the two will be easier stick gang ties to
:jnc

spyder_ur

I don't really think the Celtics are trying to move Isaiah. The Cavs are clearly pretty desperate to move Kyrie (even though I don't quite see why).

Sandfox

Only if you think the Cavs doctors are better than the Boston doctors.

Why would a team trade for him if he failed a medical exam?

I don't really think the Celtics are trying to move Isaiah. The Cavs are clearly pretty desperate to move Kyrie (even though I don't quite see why).
The dynamic would be different now if the trade was voided and the Celtics likely didn't want to pay him anyways. I doubt it comes to that though.

The Celtics, meanwhile, need Irving. They burned their bridges already with Thomas and Crowder, and rebuilding those bridges would require wood and rope that simply might not be available at this point. Irving is a 25-year-old star -- a transcendent offensive talent who gives certain production and potential growth in the future.

The article raises an interesting and often overlooked point about the wood and rope shortage. Where are you on that one, mainstream media?

So Celtics burned the bridge with those 2, but Cavs with Irving is another story then lol?
If deal falls through Cavs just find another deal for Kyrie. Maybe it's not as of a good deal overall but having you starting point guard for the season with a possibly career ending injury isn't a good situation either.

You think the Celtics can do the same with IT? Doubt it.

Top Bottom