• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Chase17

Word is Big Papi is on a flight for the Durant meeting and that the ghost of Tim Thomas will also be making an appearance.

spyder_ur

Celtics bringing 17 championships + 4 SBs with Brady's presence and on top of that bring Olynk and Marcus Smart to the meetings.

I don't know why not just spit on KD's face if you want to insult him like that.

He is "Durant's Favorite athlete", according to Himmelsbach. It's over, NBA.

Isaiah and Crowder there too. He must feel so loved. And CP3 couldn't even get off the banana boat for a day for him.

I am quite curious what Olynyk's role in this meeting is.

NHale

So, if a team doesn't hit the cap floor, they split all the remaining money among their signed players for the year, right?

Does that affect the salaries or cap for the following year? Or is it basically treated as a bonus?

Because I feel like a lot of teams might as well ride this thing out while everybody else overpays, and swoop in for some great signings next offseason.

Salary cap will rise once again next year and like this year almost every team will have room for a max deal once again, so it doesn't actually matter. Next year we will see bench players getting 17M per year, so this year deals will become automatically great.

The problems will rise in when the cap stops increasing after the TV deal and shirt sponsorship impact dies out. (2019 irc).

FZZ

Banned
Man I swear what are the Lakers doing

Are we tanking for four more years?

Developing the core with Russel, Ingram, and Randle around lackluster players?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
They probably had a fashion show with the current roster to find a couple of guys who could compete with Westbrook. But nobody can compete. Not even Brady.

Deng is solid and should be a great mentor to Ingram. Mosgov is questionable but the Lakers needed veteran talent and a upgrade from Roy. The best players in the NBA do not want to play for bad teams, no matter what market they play in or how much history they have and the lakers needed someone badly to teach the youngins.

Marz

Crawford is gonna be one of those guys who shows up to your local YMCA when hes like 60 and just torches people.

Bye Bye Biyombo :'(

8gPigcE.png

Masai needs to trade Ross and Nogueira now.

Fjordson

Just saw the Biyombo deal. Great value for Orlando.

Dubs could have used him tbh. Not sure I'm comfortable with another year of just Bogut and Festus.

You need to develop them with some vets too. The Mozgiv signing was questionable because of his health but the Deng one was really good for this team. You can't expect to just sit around and wait for superstars to fall to you.

jbug617

Banned
Horford and Howard doesn't seem like a good combo

Sources: Hawks continue to shop Millsap, believing Horford will warm to return. It will likely take another bump in Atlanta's contract offer

Top Bottom