• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It appears so, damn Orlando has a lot of bigs
Is Bismack going to be a back up center for Magic

Yeah I'm fascinated by what the hell the plan is. You couldn't have 2 guys at center with completely different strengths / weaknesses more than what you have with Vuc and Biyombo. I really hope they don't trade Vuc but I can see it happening.

Also not sure how bad the money could be when guys like Mozgov and Noah are getting paid crazy amounts of money.

Magic got Biyombo, but we have Siakim.

treat our Father well.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 52m52 minutes ago
Vertical Sources: Hawks still shopping Paul Millsap now, working contingencies should Horford want to stay. Sides still apart on contract.

If we can't have KD we better try our asses off for Millsap

#letsgoraptors

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So, who does the scoring on the Magic?

Elf isn't long for this world.

Honestly think Ibaka / Biyombo / Vuc can work on the court at the same time. Vuc is basically a 4 in the body of a 5 as it is.

But this whole thing just makes the Jeff Green signing look even dumber now. And the rest of this roster means they need a PG who can shoot.

jbug617

Banned
C's bringing Brady to the meeting with KD. Seems like the whole C's team is there
Y2R1PpX.jpg

Elf isn't long for this world.

Honestly think Ibaka / Biyombo / Vuc can work on the court at the same time. Vuc is basically a 4 in the body of a 5 as it is.

But this whole thing just makes the Jeff Green signing look even dumber now. And the rest of this roster means they need a PG who can shoot.

Exactly! Biz and Serge had success because their PGs were sharp on offense.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'd rather have Millsap than Horford now that the Hawks have Howard.

Millsap + Howard is a better combo.

The bigger issue is Bazemore isn't big enough to guard at the SF position. So you do what? Move him to guard? Then what move Korver to the bench? Then started Dennis after the Teague deal? Who's Dennis' backup?

Better off getting Horford walk to the Celtics and have them max him out. He'd work better there.

Then use that cap space to fill out the roster in other areas.

Hell I'll get mad shit for this, but fuck it.

Rather pay Barnes as he would fill a better role currently that Horford.

Also not a fan of shipping Millsap for a draft pick. The Hawks roster is aging so we need players that can play now. I'll take picks when we are fully off the treadmill.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Nic Viucevic probably on his way out

Unless the Magic gave Biyombo 60+ million I don't see why he leaves Toronto to go be Vuc's backup.

Money is the thing that really talks though so I'd imagine he got paid a ton.

Vuc would have a lot of trade value... but then again I thought Tobias and Dipo would have some trade value so -shrug-

edit - yeah stein just said its 70 mil. its a lot but would rather have biyombo for 4 years instead of noah or mozgov

Kickz

4/70 for Biyombo, I would've though Mitch and Lakers would have gone aftter him.

C's bringing Brady to the meeting with KD. Seems like the whole C's team is there

Man gonna be alot of heartbreak in Beantown if Ainge comes away empty handed

Vanillalite

4 years 70-75 mill seems the going rate for players of this range. Bizmack and Baze both got essentially the same contract.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What a weird offseason. Like keeping Fournier to a surprisingly non-max deal, Like Biyombo. But between 4 years for DJ Augustin and giving Jeff Green 15 million who the hell knows. Such a weird roster, good luck to Vogel.

Tom Penny

The Bulls were not trading Jimmy Butler for the 5th overall pick and whatever the hell Minnesota was offering. I don't think people realize how terrible Wiggins was last year at shooting the basketball. Rubio and some other garbage picks? Why would Chicago do that? Or some crappy Boston picks?

Jimmy Butler is a max level player on a long term contract that is far below what the max is now. If the Bulls gave that up for the garbage Minnesota was offering up then their new GM should have been fired on the spot.

A team thats trying to win a title -right now- would easily trade their 1st rd pick for a guy like Millsap.

There aren't even 6 teams in the league in title contention so I doubt it.

Two Words

Man, this has been the same story for 5 years now...next year's free agency....

Tim MacMahon
ESPN Staff Writer

Mavs would prefer to pay a higher salary on one-year deals than make multi-year commitments to veterans after missing out on their top targets in free agency, a source said. Dallas will explore trade opportunities with teams seeking to dump salary but values flexibility moving forward with next year's free agency class considered a much better crop than this summer.
24m

Vanillalite

There aren't even 6 teams in the league in title contention so I doubt it.

Wellllll

I agree and disagree. I mean tier 2 teams like the Raptors, Hawks, Clips ecg... are trying to win or get to the finals now.

I'd agree though if you aren't the Cavs, Thunder, Warriors, and maybe Spurs you don't have a shot though.

And no Millsap isn't putting you over the edge.

Kickz

Did Mitch even call on Biyombo? Or did he forget about him and only saw Mozgov who is 31, versus Biyombo being 24

Tom Brady is a Warriors fan. This might backfire Celtics Nation. Tom gonna give him some subliminal messages to go to the Warriors.

Quote about Warriors and Curry. Both Under Armor sponsored.
He is such a dominant player and so much fun to watch. I grew up loving the Warriors and can't believe they are achieving the type of success now that they never did in the past. Steph is a huge part of that and I love how Jerry West (a member of the Warriors executive board since 2011) helped build the team. I am a big fan of his also.

spyder_ur

I've never been more confident than after seeing that Brady picture. I would do anything for that man and I'm sure Kd feels the same way.

I've never been more confident than after seeing that Brady picture. I would do anything for that man and I'm sure Kd feels the same way.

Celtics bringing 17 championships + 4 SBs with Brady's presence and on top of that bring Olynk and Marcus Smart to the meetings.

I don't know why not just spit on KD's face if you want to insult him like that.

Top Bottom