• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

TheFatOne

That's disrespectful to Scalabrine.

This guy he gets it.
Also fuck Paul Pierce

giphy.gif

B.O.O.M

That's disrespectful to Scalabrine.

Well Mike Conley is making the most money in league history so this is the kind of thing we'll see now.

To be fair, I don't think Grizz had a choice there. They NEED Conley no matter what at this stage.

That said watch Portland gonna give Pau Gasol a HUGE contract offer. I'm somewhat ok with it from a mentor to the young bigs point of view but still..

santeesioux

To be fair, I don't think Grizz had a choice there. They NEED Conley no matter what at this stage.

That said watch Portland gonna give Pau Gasol a HUGE contract offer. I'm somewhat ok with it from a mentor to the young bigs point of view but still..

Yeah, I'd much rather overpay Pau than Aldrich/Mahinmi.

This move might push Boston over the edge and into #3 seed territory.

They'll retire Al's number if he can get them the 3 seed.

IN all seriousness, this move by itself puts the Celts probably comfortably in the 2 seed, not sure they can hang with Cleveland at full strength though. Danny might just be waiting out Bron's prime.

spyder_ur

This move might push Boston over the edge and into #3 seed territory.

I mean they tied for the 3rd best record in the east lst year, and the teams they tied (Miami, Atlanta) aren't looking any stronger.

Celts meeting with Durant is still going on, per Amick. Someone needs to come settle me down.

TheFatOne

IN all seriousness, this move by itself puts the Celts probably comfortably in the 2 seed, not sure they can hang with Cleveland at full strength though. Danny might just be waiting out Bron's prime.
Would say 3-4 seed is more realistic. They still need another scorer. Having a legit defensive big man helps this team quite a bit though.

Tristan Thompson owns Horford's soul.

Eastern Conference look so far for next season. Top 5 in my opinion.

1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Orlando
4. Hawks
5. Hornets

Hawks will probably do .500 ball in the first half of the season. We're a 6th seed at best right now. You completely forgot the Pacers.

Bread

Banned
"Oh Kevin, one more thing."
"Come on Danny, you made your pitch and it just doesn't seem like you're getting anything done. I have to go."
*Danny snaps his fingers, a naked Al Hortford jumps out of giant cake sitting in the center of the room*

spyder_ur

Eastern Conference look so far for next season. Top 5 in my opinion.

1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Orlando
4. Hawks
5. Hornets

Orlando's roster is still kind of a mess and they are still probably the worst shooting team in the league. I'd probably put Indiana in their spot as of right now and put the Raptors in for Hawks.

spyder_ur

I don't think he makes the team better in the push though. The problem is we need a consistent number one scoring option on the team.

You don't think Al Horford makes them a better team? OK....

They are already a 48 win team with one of the youngest rosters in the NBA.

DIdn't think Horford would get that kind of money 0_o

Maybe it's ok to not have gone after him. But damn man wish the Blazers went hard at Bismack

Biyombo is pretty overpaid for his skill set. He's had inconsistent games in the playoffs, and if he's not providing good hard D, he's not doing anything offensively. He's pretty much a black hole on offense.

Raps were smart not to spend 70mil on him.

Sanjuro

You don't think Al Horford makes them a better team? OK....

They are already a 48 win team with one of the youngest rosters in the NBA.

That's the regular season. This team with Horford doesn't make them contenders to beat the Cavs.

Speaking of Brown, it makes his selection look better though.

mjp2417

Banned
2016-2017 East

1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Indiana
4. Toronto
5. Atlanta
6. Miami (obviously a wild card with all the Bosh/Wade uncertainty)
7. Detroit
8. Charlotte

East actually looks stronger top to bottom than it has for a few years

TheFatOne

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Kevin Durant had been recruiting Horford to OKC, but Horford eliminated OKC with no assurance Durant/Westbrook staying long-term.
7:35 PM - 2 Jul 2016

Very interesting.

Top Bottom