• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Chase17

That's the regular season. This team with Horford doesn't make them contenders to beat the Cavs.

Speaking of Brown, it makes his selection look better though.

We are now in the running for the coveted position of losing to LBJ in the ECF.

I'll take it.

2016-2017 East

1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Indiana
4. Toronto
5. Atlanta
6. Miami (obviously a wild card with all the Bosh/Wade uncertainty)
7. Detroit
8. Charlotte

East actually looks stronger top to bottom than it has for a few years

Man the East is going to be tough this year. Biggest wildcard are Knicks.
Rose/Melo/Noah/Porzingis is enough talent to be a playoff team. Obviously, it is just a matter of health.

That's the regular season. This team with Horford doesn't make them contenders to beat the Cavs.

Speaking of Brown, it makes his selection look better though.

I agree. Hawks problem with the Cavs is that we don't have the wing defenders for LeBron AND Tristan Thompson just styles all over Millsap and Horford.

Celtics got the defenders (Can Smart guard LeBron like he did Millsap) but that matchup against Horford is still unfavorable. This is a center that averaged 4 rebounds against the Cavs...although, they didn't miss so I guess that's understandable lol.

Horford definitely makes the Celtics better but I don't think it moves the needle when it comes to playoff results.

Biyombo is pretty overpaid for his skill set. He's had inconsistent games in the playoffs, and if he's not providing good hard D, he's not doing anything offensively. He's pretty much a black hole on offense.

Raps were smart not to spend 70mil on him.

Said it before, I love the Biz but he thrived because Lowry and DeRozan were excellent free-throw %, penetrators, and 3pt %. Hes not asked to do anything else except protect the paint. Which he does extremely well. For 20 minutes a game.

Jarate

Banned
2016-2017 East

1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Indiana
4. Toronto
5. Atlanta
6. Miami (obviously a wild card with all the Bosh/Wade uncertainty)
7. Detroit
8. Charlotte

East actually looks stronger top to bottom than it has for a few years

Milwaukee is probably gonna be in the top 8, I don't think it would be shocking to see Miami drop out, and Charlotte has a good chance of dropping majorly unless Kaminsky steps up big time next year (I am Kaminsky's biggest fan on this forum)

Im thinking Detroit and Milwaukee will take big steps this year, that Delly pick up was really good for them, and Point Giannis is gonna be something special

Biyombo is pretty overpaid for his skill set. He's had inconsistent games in the playoffs, and if he's not providing good hard D, he's not doing anything offensively. He's pretty much a black hole on offense.

Raps were smart not to spend 70mil on him.

idk man, if you can make LeBron second guess driving in the lane x be shook thats worth a sign, especially if you have home court

Ainge going for max Wade or max Barnes

Talon

Ayo, I won't have anyone disrespecting my main man Al Horford.

Damn it, Al! Literally any other team besides the Knicks, Celtics, and Lakers would've been acceptable!

Yep, and with us getting C.Lee now I see us no lower than a 5 seed in the East.

Yessir! Really glad we have another defensive presence with our starting five.

I see the Knicks being a really scary playoff team, that is if they can get through the regular season without too many injuries. Not sure how Melo, Rose, Kris can share the ball.

yZDQiWPl.jpg

Watch out for Jahlil Okafor

If he's in NYC I will fight him.

shwimpy

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 36s37 seconds ago
ESPN sources say that the Mavericks intend to sign Warriors restricted free agent Harrison Barnes to a four-year max offer sheet on July 7
HA!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Horford probably wanted to go to a place with very dedicated fans. Everyone knows that ATL fans are LeBron fans. Celtic fans are actually Celtic fans.

I see the Knicks being a really scary playoff team, that is if they can get through the regular season without too many injuries. Not sure how Melo, Rose, Kris can share the ball.

I honestly believe if Rose and Melo (KP6 is still learning so I think he'll be fine) want to win, they'll make it work. I'm really intrigued to see how Rose plays this year because if he wants to stay with the Knicks and play with Noah and KP6 like he says he does, I wonder (if he's healthy) how much leverage that would give NY come next summer.

Meanwhile if anyone cares

Austin Rivers has agreed to a 3-year deal with the Clippers

EDIT: Mavs didn't sign Barnes they want to. Warriors will likely match if KD says no.

lol at Celts being top 3 in the east next, with just Al Horford.

and the Raps dropping.

ya'll thought the Raps were 8th seed last season, and bucks were 4th.

Watch K Low and DeRoz make mince meat of anyone in the east not name the Bulls (because somehow we lose to them, via voodoo.) and the Cavs.

Lexxism

and the Raps dropping.

Watch K Low and DeRoz make mince meat of anyone in the east not name the Bulls (because somehow we lose to them, via voodoo.) and the Cavs.
To be honest, that's actually a good thing.

Jarate

Banned

and the Raps dropping.

I got the Raptors #2 right now personally, but they have a way more likely shot of being a lot worse then the celtics have of being a lot worse. It wouldnt surprise me too see the Raptors fall to a 7th or 8th seed this year due to how good the East might be. There's like 10 good teams in the east right now

Jarate

Banned
I hope Simmons turns out to be a star for your team.

<3

Ugggh, this offseason was going so well for the Sixers too with the Dion Waiters to Sactown rumours, the Lakers still being a mess, the rest of our division either staying pat or failing to get free agents. And then this news had to come around.

Horford is such a great fit for you guys. It sickens me.

Top Bottom