• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Horford immediately improves the Celtics especially in the regular season.

No way are they better than the Raptors though.

Heat are a wild card.

Hawks might actually be better in terms of team makeup with Howard over Horford. Just depends on how over the hill Howard really is.

Def think the Celtics are probably 3-4 in the East which is better than 7-8.

They got the same problem the Hawks and Raptors both had the last two seasons. They still aren't good enough to get any more than 2 wins at best against LeBron.

Bread

Banned
lol at Celts being top 3 in the east next, with just Al Horford.

and the Raps dropping.

ya'll thought the Raps were 8th seed last season, and bucks were 4th.

Watch K Low and DeRoz make mince meat of anyone in the east not name the Bulls (because somehow we lose to them, via voodoo.) and the Cavs.
you know that they lost a tiebreaker for 3rd this past year right? how is it funny to see them being called the 3rd best team with a really good FA pick up.

Sanjuro

Heat are a wild card.

Hawks might actually be better in terms of team makeup with Howard over Horford. Just depends on how over the hill Howard really is.

They got the same problem the Hawks and Raptors both had the last two seasons. They still aren't good enough to get any more than 2 wins at best against LeBron.

I don't see how the Raptors or Hawks are better.

spyder_ur

and the Raps dropping.

Watch K Low and DeRoz make mince meat of anyone in the east not name the Bulls (because somehow we lose to them, via voodoo.) and the Cavs.

Heat are a wild card.

Does noone know that they tied for the 3rd best record in the east this year? Their direct rivals have gotten weaker so far this offseason, though I think the conference as a whole is a bit deeper.

Is this the year the 'lol East' narrative ends, even though that should have been last year?

Think the Celtics are gonna try one more move to get through to Durant?

They're literally meeting with him right now.

So ATL's offer for Horford was 5/136m. 1m difference in yearly salary. If I weren't a loyal ATL homegrown, I probably would've did the same.

jman2050

Is this the year the 'lol East' narrative ends, even though that should have been last year?

The reason the lol East narrative still exists is because no one in the East is yet good enough to beat Lebron and co in a series even now, short of one of those teams getting KD (none of those teams are getting KD)

Obviously that's very unfair and the idea that the East sucks isn't really true anymore but that's how perception works.

I don't see how the Raptors or Hawks are better.

They are better, if only from improvement of their existing players, but better will not mean more wins. Because the knicks will squeeze out an additional 5 wins this year, Celts probably 5-8 wins, Cavs will play a full season of top ball, bucks wont tank, charlotte 5 wins, and the west remains as talented as ever.

Again, all this $ out there, only the Celts got noticeably stronger, going tier 3 to tier 2 (raptors, clippers, pacers)

NHale

Come to Portland Pau! Spurs are old!

Pau is waiting for the KD decision according to Spanish newspapers. According to them (which is very likely to be Gasol's agents) he's going to be the 2nd choice of the Warriors and he's very interested to join the team because of Steve Kerr.

g5yh02D.png

spyder_ur

The reason the lol East narrative still exists is because no one in the East is yet good enough to beat Lebron and co in a series even now, short of one of those teams getting KD (none of those teams are getting KD)

Obviously that's very unfair and the idea that the East sucks isn't really true anymore but that's how perception works.

Well noone was good enough to beat LeBron and co this year. It was true when you needed damn near 50 wins in the West to get in a few years ago while 37-win teams were making it in the East, but it's not anymore. That changed last year for people that were paying attention, even if the West probably had 3 of the best 4 teams.

So Horford counts for 8 wins? :/

records don't matter anyway, the Hawks beat the celts with a lesser seed / record.

Who said that?

And no they didn't - the Hawks had the exact same record but had home court in that series.

Kevtones

Definitely agree. Would be a nice move for Wade that I could realistically see happening.

Riley straight punked him with a 10 mil offer too. Dude has been a consummate pro, Miami's all-time best, has NEVER been the highest paid player on his team and during the craziest salary year ever he gets lowballed

mjp2417

Banned

and the Raps dropping.

There are like 4-5 teams that are all at about the same tier behind Cleveland right now. Toronto is one of them, but that just means they could be anything from a 2-6 seed next year. They were barely better than the 7th seed Pacers last season and that team demonstrably upgraded their roster while the Raptors have not.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
There are like 4-5 teams that are all at about the same tier behind Cleveland right now. Toronto is one of them, but that just means they could be anything from a 2-6 seed next year. They were barely better than the 7th seed Pacers last season and that team demonstrably upgraded their roster while the Raptors have not.

This I agree with.

I just don't agree that the Celtics are automatically the 2nd best team with Horford now.

jman2050

Honestly even with KD I don't think the Celtics win a series against playoff Lebron and co but it would actually be a realistic possibility if things break right instead of just a pipe dream

Top Bottom