• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Kickz

Seems like a much worse fit tbh. Feel like the Wolves need to embrace their athleticism and youth and play fast. Pau is much better in a deliberate system aka Portland, the triangle or San Antonio

Thibs coached him last year, and Twolves need depth at the 4

phanphare

Banned
what's up with that shirt? looks like he tie dyed it but wasn't happy with it so he tried to wash it out real quick but it didn't all come off

Kevtones

Thibs coached him last year, and Twolves need depth at the 4

Are they changing up their system though? Minne seems primed to win with their athleticism and I feel like Pau, given his great passing, would be a gem in Portland's system.

See Miles Plumlee in the Clippers series.

Jarate

Banned
..there will a day when your team is nothing but a part of a flyover state?

I think most people think Lebron at the very very least has 2 more year left in him to play at championship form.

So let's just say it's been 3 years now, do you think the Raptors will get better? They probably wont get high draft picks any time soon, Lowry is 33 when that happens, there's no way he's the same player, Derozan might get better, but Im pretty sure he peaked last year, and who else on that roster is really going to be the difference maker player that will replace those 2's productivity?

Meanwhile, by then, you have The Sixers, Bucks, Celtics, Magic, and Pistons to all deal with, and a Cavs team that will still have Kyrie Irving on it along with a Lebron who may or may not be good enough anymore to carry the load on his back like he can.

That might be fine with you, the Raptors and their fans have never experienced any type of sustained success over the years, but let's face it, there's a really good chance you'll be on the treadmill fam

jmizzal

There's no way Wade looks at all this money being thrown around and takes a discount. Pay up Riles.

Unless the Heat land Durant they are gonna have to pay Wade a huge contract, unless they are gonna wait for Westbrook and others next year, nobody else out there this year worth the max.

I also feel Durant might go to Boston unless Pat Riley works some magic.

Kickz

Are they changing up their system though? Minne seems primed to win with their athleticism and I feel like Pau, given his great passing, would be a gem in Portland's system.

See Miles Plumlee in the Clippers series.

Possibly, but you are right, he'd be good in Portland and you guys can guarantee playoffs

phanphare

Banned
mary-jane-watson.jpg

spyder_ur

I think Horford is a significant upgrade on the court, but it's even more important that he chose Boston. He could've joined 25 other teams, but it says something about the team's roster, owners, coaching, and development that he picked them.

Kevtones

I think Horford is a significant upgrade on the court, but it's even more important that he chose Boston. He could've joined 25 other teams, but it says something about the team's roster, owners, coaching, and development that he picked them.

It's weird but I don't think he fit well in OKC. I thought they still had a great shot due to the Billy Donovan connection.

Sanjuro

My favorite professor was from Cleveland. I can't remember any life skill from his course, but he would just go on tangents of self deprecation.

I guess learning that is a life skill.

That might be fine with you, the Raptors and their fans have never experienced any type of sustained success over the years, but let's face it, there's a really good chance you'll be on the treadmill fam

We may very well treadmill in the NBA, but I have other Canadian sports to coast off for the time being.

there are no 50+ years losses in Toronto or Canada, unlike ohio.

Oprah.gif "YOU GET A MAX CONTRACT, YOU GET A MAX CONTRACT, EVERYONE GETS A MAX CONTRACT"

gully state do you think GS will match any max offers that Barnes gets.

Tom Penny

Celtics didn't make some huge leap. It does set them up for a trade or another max guy next year. Right now they are the same as like 4 others.

Chase17

Sandfox

The Sixers reportedly wanted to sign vets to big contracts in order to "win now" but it's been pretty silent on that front. Rondo to Sixers?

Dude would've stayed in Atlanta if they paid him what he wanted. This is still a big deal for Boston though.

Kickz

Celtics didn't make some huge leap. It does set them up for a trade or another max guy next year. Right now they are the same as like 4 others.

Still strange times, Celtics courting top players in Free Agency wihile Lakers get down on their knees for backup Centers

TheFatOne

True. You hope that this move can possibly sway KD. Chances are slim, but you never know. The good thing is that with Horford it makes the Celtics more attractive to FA. That has always been a big hurdle for the Celtics. If they don't get KD they still have options next season.

Bread

Banned
Cleveland Ohio? Home of the rock and roll hall of hame? Go down to Canton and find the football hall of fame. Did you know Cleveland is great for the whole family.

Gobias

Banned
We may very well treadmill in the NBA, but I have other Canadian sports to coast off for the time being.

there are no 50+ years losses in Toronto or Canada, unlike ohio.

I don't know much about hockey but Toronto doesn't seem like a city that should be shit talking about not being able to win championships.

Jarate

Banned
The Sixers reportedly wanted to sign vets to big contracts in order to "win now" but it's been pretty silent on that front. Rondo to Sixers?

The only FA we got has been Bayless, who we literally had no clue we were pursuing. Colangelo's are master snakes in the grass and know how to work the media over on their side.

Im assuming we are working on Barnes right now, Crawford has been hinted at as a possibility, along with Alan Crabbe.

It's also going to be tough to convince vets to come to our team. We still only won 10 games this year. Hinkie actively pursued free agents during his time, he just didnt want to overpay for guys who would cause our team problems down the line

Also, the Sixers should want no part of Rondo, locker room cancer, sub 60% free throw shooter, ball dominant PG who will take the ball away from Simmons. I'd rather have McConnel play as the starter tbh

spyder_ur

Houston's got some shooting. D'Antoni will have them putting up 105, and giving up 110. God damn they look like a god-awful defensive team.

My favorite thing of free agency and the trade deadline is Broussard reporting everything 5 minutes after Woj.

Top Bottom