• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Call me crazy but I want the Bulls to sign Seth Curry. That's a good back-up. Is he any good at the three?

Yes, he's a Curry. His jumper isn't as good as Steph's (whose is?), but he can stroke it can from deep.

Edit: He shot 50-111 from 3 last year with Sacramento (45%). The prior year in the D-league with more volume, he shot 156-334, 46.7%.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wtf are the Bulls doing??

Why not just keep rose and dump his salary next year?

This makes no sense

Rondo played well last year. Its a pretty reasonable contract honestly. Rondo is a better player than Rose at this point.

He's also a -much- better fit. They got a PG who complements Butler.

ViciousDS

Banned
Rondo is a bull!

Nnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I watched hilights of him with the kings......he honestly seems to be a good fit and still plays insanely well. Also he shot almost 10% better than Derrick from 3.......I honestly wanted to see what he could do on a team where he needs a pass first base.

So yes....I actually like the deal and it's fucking cheap with this cap

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Rondo is terrible. You can't win with a PG who can't shoot or score. But it's only 2 years so it's not really a big deal for Chicago.

Bulls won last year in spite of a PG who couldn't score. Or pass. Or really do anything productive.

He shot 36% from behind the arc last year on a career high attempts. That was a lot better than Rose.

Honestly Rondo is an upgrade over Rose in every facet with the same drawbacks. Questionable attitude, bad legs, but hey maybe this is the fresh start that works out.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
yup Rondo's a total stat padder. I would take his assist and rebound totals with a grain of salt.

Yep. Beginning of the season I was oh shit this is awesome, dude could get a triple double every game. Then you start realizing it seems he cares about his stats more than playing D, etc.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Rondo played well last year. Its a pretty reasonable contract honestly. Rondo is a better player than Rose at this point.

He's also a -much- better fit. They got a PG who complements Butler.

Rondo can't shoot and wants the ball in his hands at all times. How does that compliment butler?

Butler will get doubled even more now, no one plays defense on Rondo.

But he had a higher 3 pt percentage than Kyrie last season

(while true) /s

He was taking like 2 a game, he wasn't exactly making it rain. Rondo's problem isn't that he's a bad shooter (which he is, and that goes back to his Boston days even) but that he's a bad scorer (also goes back to his Boston days) in that he doesn't even look to score. He'll pass up a lay up to try and get an assist to someone else.

Rose is also a terrible shooter, but even in his broken state teams have to still honor his ability to get to the rim and finish. Same with guys like Westbrook who are also bad shooters.

TheFatOne

He was taking like 2 a game, he wasn't exactly making it rain. Rondo's problem isn't that he's a bad shooter (which he is, and that goes back to his Boston days even) but that he's a bad scorer (also goes back to his Boston days) in that he doesn't even look to score. He'll pass up a lay up to try and get an assist to someone else.

Rose is also a terrible shooter, but even in his broken state teams have to still honor his ability to get to the rim and finish. Same with guys like Westbrook who are also bad shooters.

To add to this. He is terrified of taking contact later in the game because he can't hit free throws to save his life. He will consistently shy away from contact for this reason. He will dribble by guys all day, and instead of looking for contact and a layup he will pass or keep dribbling.

Doc Holliday

This! Butler rarely got doubled teamed by rose's man.

BadAss2961

Rondo is terrible. You can't win with a PG who can't shoot or score. But it's only 2 years so it's not really a big deal for Chicago.
He almost became 2x champ without the ability to shoot or score.

Not that we're trying to win a championship right now or anything, but Rondo's an ideal PG when surrounded by scorers.

Chase17

I was just joking

I think it's fine that Rondo does what he does best which is set up other players. I don't think any team that is planning on contending is going to pick him up.

Doc Holliday

So the starting lineup as of now for the Bulls....

Rondo
Butler
Dunleavy or McDermott
Gibson or Portis
Lopez

That is is one sorry ass team

Two Words

Why would anybody want Rondo after seeing what he did to Dallas? They went from a historic performing offense to a team that was struggling to score 90 pts a game. And they didn't even get much better on defense. And all season long I heard "Wait for playoff Rondo". The guy quit so hard that the team voted to completely cut him out of the playoff bonuses.

Chase17

Why would anybody want Rondo after seeing what he did to Dallas? They went from a historic performing offense to a team that was struggling to score 90 pts a game. And they didn't even get much better on defense. And all season long I heard "Wait for playoff Rondo". The guy quit so hard that the team voted to completely cut him out of the playoff bonuses.
I don't exactly think the bulls are trying to win. Maybe just take Rondo to try to give Butler many good looks a game

Thinking about it I'm not sure. Unless they have a team option after year 1 lol

El Topo

Yeah, don't fall for the Rondo hype.

Top Bottom