• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Hitta93

Banned
Why would anybody want Rondo after seeing what he did to Dallas? They went from a historic performing offense to a team that was struggling to score 90 pts a game. And they didn't even get much better on defense. And all season long I heard "Wait for playoff Rondo". The guy quit so hard that the team voted to completely cut him out of the playoff bonuses.

Why trade for a player you have no interest in accommodating? I agree they made the right choice choosing Carlisle over Rondo, but it is what it is.

Two Words

Mark CubanVerified account
‏@mcuban
.@buckeyes45 @bballbreakdown Those who can, do.

Those who can't

tweet about those who can.

Which is why i rarely read my timeline

Why would they be tweeting about Mark Cuban, then? He clearly "can't".

Jarate

Banned
Remember when the Sixers hired Bryan Colangelo because he was suppoed to help bring in FA's cause agents loved him so much

meanwhile, we've literally only signed Bayless so far, in fact That is literally the only thing Colangelo has done so far.

Tom Penny

Why trade for a player you have no interest in accommodating? I agree they made the right choice choosing Carlisle over Rondo, but it is what it is.

U127P200T1D234528F8DT20090416203417.jpg

On Thursday, the Mavericks decided to pull the trigger on a deal to acquire Boston Celtics’ guard Rajon Rondo. In return, The Celtics received forward Brandan Wright, and guards Jameer Nelson and Jae Crowder. In addition to the current NBA players, the Celtics received a 2015 first-round pick and a 2016 second-round pick.

Two Words

To be fair, Dallas did get Dwight Powell, who has played well. Dallas still got hosed on that trade bad. I was always annoyed how Carlisle refused to give Crowder much playing time. He'd fuck up once and he'd have Marion's or Jefferson's aging asses in to replace him.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Really annoyed that the Lakers haven't gone after an SG so far. Allen Crabbe / Afflalo were there for the taking. Maybe even C. Lee.

I like Jordan Clarkson, but that dude is a 6'th man if I ever saw one. I much rather have Anthony Brown start over him based on defense alone. And I really hope that happens next season. Jordan can take his no defense playing ass to the bench where he belongs.

Really annoyed that the Lakers haven't gone after an SG so far. Allen Crabbe / Afflalo were there for the taking. Maybe even C. Lee.

I like Jordan Clarkson, but that dude is a 6'th man if I ever saw one. I much rather have Anthony Brown start over him based on defense alone. And I really hope that happens next season. Jordan can take his no defense playing ass to the bench where he belongs.

Raptors are trying to make an offer for Pau Gasol. We will trade you Ross for picks.

TheFatOne

At this point I'm just hoping he takes the 1+1 with OKC since Boston seems to be out of the race. Signing with Golden State is the worst case scenario.

Nah Boston has this on lockdown. This just gives the Celtics some time to workout the Cousins trade so they can announce both at the same time tomorrow.

I mean if he is taking this much time to make his decision. He has to be moving on from OKC right?

I think the longer it takes for the decision, the more likely he leaves. As a Spurs fan, I'd almost rather he goes to GSW than stay with OKC, because the Thunder have been such a matchup problem for the Spurs for so long.

Colasante

Maybe Durant will come to Boston after the C's beat KD and the Warriors in the finals next year.

If he signs a 1+1, I really don't think it's crazy for him to come to Boston next year, or at least nowhere near as crazy as it'd be this season. The Nets pick should be incredibly valuable, the roster will have grown together for another year, and ideally the Celtics will have more than one round in the playoffs to show their worth.

If he signs a 1+1, I really don't think it's crazy for him to come to Boston next year, or at least nowhere near as crazy as it'd be this season. The Nets pick should be incredibly valuable, the roster will have grown together for another year, and ideally the Celtics will have more than one round in the playoffs to show their worth.

The Nets have been making smart moves this off-season I'm no longer convinced that pick is gold.

Kevtones

The lesson for Portland is that they should retain everyone. Let them grow. Build.

I like the Turner signing. Stay at that. It's a single position but he fits really into Portland's dynamics. So does Pau but I don't want to blow it up for Pau.

Keep Crabbe.
Keep Moe.
Keep Meyers.

Jarate

Banned
Every draft seems deep until the college season shakes out. This time last year people though Skal Labriesser was the next Nerlins Noel.

Not true at all, everyone thought this years draft was shit and guess what, it turned out to be shit!

Generally, it's fairly easy to see skills that will translate to the next level, obviously there's always a chance of stupid shit happening, but basketball scouting and developement is too good nowadays to not know when there's going to be a deep draft or not.

Top Bottom