• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

I'd love to see him Red Wedding the Thunder by leaving

Kevin Durant as
Walder Frey

Russell Westbrook as
Robb Stark

Stephen Adams as
Robb's wife

Steph Curry as
Lord Bolton

Billy Donavan as
Catelyn Stark, who then slits he throat of that one girl played by Harrison Barnes

It works perfectly

Chase17

Kevin Durant as
Walder Frey

Russell Westbrook as
Robb Stark

Stephen Adams as
Robb's wife

Steph Curry as
Lord Bolton

Billy Donavan as
Catelyn Stark, who then slits he throat of that one girl played by Harrison Barnes

It works perfectly

Does this make Ibaka the Blackfish?

Colasante

The Nets have been making smart moves this off-season I'm no longer convinced that pick is gold.

It's not as guaranteed as it was this season, but with the 76ers and Lakers finally able to field competitive squads, the race for #1 shouldn't be quite as challenging. At the very least, they should be able to snag a more enticing prospect than Jaylen Brown.

Does anyone know of a time when a player took this long to announce he was going to resign with his own team?

Why did Celtics fans really get so riled up? It was weird. They signed Horford, and the reaction was "We got Durant!"

Clickbait from the media. Kind of like how the Clippers were blowing him away after their meeting to out of the running 6 hours later. Easy way to get fans to pay attention.

Colasante

Why did Celtics fans really get so riled up? It was weird. They signed Horford, and the reaction was "We got Durant!"

I didn't think the Celtics would sign KD, but impressions made it seem like it had come down to OKC vs. Boston for him, so seeing Golden State in pole position (as obvious as it was) was annoying to me. I just didn't think KD would be the type to prioritize ring-chasing over being the face of a franchise, but I guess I was wrong.

So why did signing Horford make Boston more likely than the other teams? That was the reaction. Are you not understanding my point?

Singing Horford surely helped the cause even if in the end it wasn't enough. I don't think I get your point, I don't understand why you're confused that C's fans would get excited.

Colasante

So why did signing Horford make Boston more likely than the other teams? That was the reaction. Are you not understanding my point?

1. No free agent of Horford's caliber had ever chosen to come to the Celtics before.
2. Durant and Horford are friends and have expressed interest in playing together, and Durant was trying to woo Horford to OKC.
3. There was no chance in hell Durant was coming to Boston without a player of Horford's caliber, so his signing helped immeasurably, even if it wasn't enough to close.

Marc J. Spears ‏@MarcJSpearsESPN 17m17 minutes ago
Marc J. Spears Retweeted Royce Young
GSW sold "culture, dynasty, style of play" to KD said source close to GSW who wouldn't be surprised by OKC return.

spyder_ur

Not true at all, everyone thought this years draft was shit and guess what, it turned out to be shit!

Generally, it's fairly easy to see skills that will translate to the next level, obviously there's always a chance of stupid shit happening, but basketball scouting and developement is too good nowadays to not know when there's going to be a deep draft or not.

No one from this draft has played an NBA game.

The forecasting and judging of draft classes has gotten ridiculous.

Chase17

No one from this draft has played an NBA game.

The forecasting and judging of draft classes has gotten ridiculous.

This is a good point. Simmons and Ingram could bomb and the draft could be much worse than we thought.

Here's hoping Brown looks good

jbug617

Banned
conflicting reports if Boston still has a shot. Still says OKC is the favorite but Boston is not out of the discussion.
http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/blakely-kevin-durant-seriously-considering-boston-celtics
However, a league source with intimate knowledge of Boston’s thinking in regards to Durant as well as another league source, both told CSNNE.com that Boston’s pitch to Durant this weekend was good enough to where he’s "seriously considering" the Celtics right now as opposed to down the road.

The team's presentation, as well as the inclusion of New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady - one of Durant's favorite players - made a very "favorable impression" on Durant to the point where, according to one source, it's no longer that big a stretch for him to seriously think about Boston as his next basketball home.

That said, both sources indicated that the Oklahoma City Thunder is still the front-runner for Durant who has spent his entire nine-season career with the franchise (first in Seattle and now in Oklahoma City). And ESPN is reporting that Durant’s decision will come down to staying in Oklahoma City or joining forces with the Golden State Warriors.

jbug617

Banned

because KD wants to play with Horford. It even got far enough that OKC tried to get Horford but Horford did not want to sign because KD/Russ do not have long term contracts in OKC.

TheFatOne

It'd love to believe that but it seems more like Ainge trying to keep the Celtics in the conversation for as long as possible.
Mod on real GMs Boston Celtics forum was posting something similar. Boston made an impression and he was considering them. He was down at the summer league and that was the talk he heard. Who knows if that's true but ainge put a legit bid at least.

I was hoping for a KD announcement tonight but

I can totally see KD saying, before he hops on his plane to Europe or wherever the hell he's going, and saying

"I'm going to ____." and then put his glasses on and dippin' out.

Bread

Banned
Tom Brady is from NorCal. Follow the money.
200w.gif

Top Bottom