• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Ainge lost but got 3rd at least
3rd place in Durant sweepstakes 😎

Going up against the record warriors x his original team was hard af to beat

Chase17

Once we put the Durant signing behind us I hope we can all shift our focus to the next biggest question of the offseason. Will 2K fix my career mode?

Bread

Banned
This is such a wonderful smoke screen by Durant's camp

He's building up the suspense for us Celtic fan 😭😁

We did it!

Bread

Banned
Now we just need Woj to tweet that the Celtics chances have faded for confirmation.
Oh that would be brilliant! I would love for Durant to announce that he won't be going to Boston too, that would be a hilarious way to make sure no one sees it coming.

Let's also thank Al Hortford for giving us this gift of Durant ❤️

Magilla

Banned
Now we just need Woj to tweet that the Celtics chances have faded for confirmation.

2m0sKAc.jpg

J2 Cool

Basketball fans will hate if Durant goes to GSW. Respect it with OKC. And "new beginning as a leader" story if he goes to Boston.

Spurs would be the accepted juggernaut to go to, compared to GSW. But his offense probably takes a hit some in a slower offense, doesn't maximize his game.

Josh5890

So the starting lineup as of now for the Bulls....

Rondo
Butler
Dunleavy or McDermott
Gibson or Portis
Lopez

That is is one sorry ass team

I remember in 2011 when we thought we were on the verge of something special. What the hell happened with this franchise that I love?

I remember in 2011 when we thought we were on the verge of something special. What the hell happened with this franchise that I love?

They lost 4-1 with home court advantage against the heats first year and lost 4-2 after going up 2-1 against a loveless Cavs team with a gimped Kyrie

Bulls fucked up so many years

ViciousDS

Banned
They lost 4-1 with home court advantage against the heats first year and lost 4-2 after going up 2-1 against a loveless Cavs team with a gimped Kyrie

Yes.....it's not like our team has been winning exactly.....shit we didn't even make the fucking playoffs this year!!!!

mjp2417

Banned

I always forget that they were a LeBron buzzer beater away from potentially being up 3-1 in that series. And that Bulls team probably beats the Hawks in the next round

J2 Cool

I always forget that they were a LeBron buzzer beater away from potentially being up 3-1 in that series. And that Bulls team probably beats the Hawks in the next round

We had a shit bench. Jimmy and Rose, keeping Noah and Pau healthy was good. Thibs got a lot out of our talent, but the front office always failed to add depth ever since the overrated "bench mob" dissipated. We never had a 6th man scorer really, or any veteran leadership.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Durant is going to re-sign with OKC - he isn't going to put them on blast on a national holiday. As a warriors fan I hope he does re-sign with them as I like the rivalry but I'll certainly be all in if he decides to head to the dubs (which would be game-over for the NBA for the next half decade barring injuries). That seems somewhat cheap from all perspectives.

The NBA really needs to rethink the way they restrict the max contracts.

megalowho

The NBA really needs to rethink the way they restrict the max contracts.
I like the idea of one super max offer per team. Makes the decision between money and supergroups a little tougher, rewards the best players in the game with a bigger slice of the pie.

Ape

Banned
What's going on with Utah? They have a great core and could really have used a few of these FAs to fill out depth and add experience. Then they're forced to send a young PG to the wiz for almost nothing after drafting him like10th overall (and trading up to get him)

Being a jazz fan is never easy

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

I the lockout killed them.

Rose was out of shape, he had hamstring/groin issues the whole year of the acl injury. Noah was hurt too year. Both players were durable prior to that year.

Management instead of getting more guys that could score basically just went all defense around rose. They needed that second guy who could handle the ball. Team never addressed that. Yes the Heat beat them 4-1, but the Bulls were there every single game. Instead of building on that they got rid of good players and didn't add anything to try and beat the heat.

Then of course they got rid Thibs......

Man

I think it's 60/40 in favor of the Warriors. He wouldn't be taking this long if it was a simple resigning and the "multiple sources" reports wouldn't be so conflicted.

mjp2417

Banned
What's going on with Utah? They have a great core and could really have used a few of these FAs to fill out depth and add experience. Then they're forced to send a young PG to the wiz for almost nothing after drafting him like10th overall (and trading up to get him)

Being a jazz fan is never easy

I thought the George Hill trade and the Joe Johnson signing were pretty good under the radar moves. Jazz could easily be a playoff team next year. But you're always going to struggle to convince a black player to choose Salt Lake City as a free agent destination when they have other options.

Top Bottom