• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Fjordson

If there is a problem with super-teams its being caused by the current CBA limiting the ability of players to fully maximize their value in the market. Something that was dictated by the owners. Your solution is to further restrict the players rights, so billionaire owners can pocket even more each year. What is it about professional athletes that people are so willing to throw away their rights?
Agreed. It's also a very unique situation with a healthy dose of luck that's allowed Durant to join GS.

If Curry's ankles hold up more his first few years and he signs a max deal this doesn't happen. Likewise if the cap hadn't blown up all at once this year.

Agreed. It's also a very unique situation with a healthy dose of luck that's allowed Durant to join GS.

If Curry's ankles hold up more his first few years and he signs a max deal this doesn't happen. Likewise if the cap hadn't blown up all at once this year.

Why do people keep bringing up Currys ankles or Durant's foot but not Westbrooks knee or Ibaka's hamstrings? Not you specifically but Ive seen it brought up more than a handful of times by a few posters.

Tom Penny

Fuck Wade. I hate him more than any other player and him and Smarts combined flopping and complaining will put me over the edge.

gerudoman

He'll probably be more of a backup player though, the guy who handles the ball when Simmons isn't playing

How good of a locker room guy is he? Also, its tough to turn down 8 mil

Can't speak much of his previous NBA experience, but one of the keys of Madrid's success the last seasons was the great chemistry between all players, and Rudy Fernández, Sergio Llull and Chacho were the core of the team. Here's one of the last BBQ organised at Chacho's:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFpLP5cx7GC/

He will be sorely missed :(

1 year 25, no prob. I do not want to get stuck with his broken-down ass though.

I keep hearing this get brought up, but Wade had a really good season last year and literally carried the Heat through the playoffs. I get that he's getting older, but frankly it's Bosh's contract that has become the noose around the Heat's neck.

The Heat has made some questionable contract offers these past 3 summers and each time they've looked to Wade to take a paycut to "take one for the team."

Cornbread78

Cornbread78

I keep hearing this get brought up, but Wade had a really good season last year and literally carried the Heat through the playoffs. I get that he's getting older, but frankly it's Bosh's contract that has become the noose around the Heat's neck.

The Heat has made some questionable contract offers these past 3 summers and each time they've looked to Wade to take a paycut to "take one for the team."

Hus knees are stick together with rubber bands right now. He still has some gas in thd tank, but not enough for a 3-4 year contract at max money like he is looking for. Yeah, Riley has treated him like shit, but I still haven't like him since his suplex of Rondo..

People are way too serious about this shit. Does it suck if you're an OKC fan yes, but acting like he's responsible for your happiness...get your priorities straight.

One dad even filmed his kid crying just to post it. How fucked a parent are you to do that and THEN blame someone you don't even know in real life?

Shit is crazy. People are crazy.

Btw: Lakers totally got fucked on that Chris Paul deal back in the day.

Hus knees are stick together with rubber bands right now. He still has some gas in thd tank, but not enough for a 3-4 year contract at max money like he is looking for. Yeah, Riley has treated him like shit, but I still haven't like him since his suplex of Rondo..

You mean the play where Rondo had Wade arms hooked when they both fell?

Top Bottom