• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Ring chasing time for free agents that want a ring
If you are a big man you are basically on the team if you want

Lol you think zaza takes that contract anywhere else? Nope

This is a very real problem the NBA will face.

General apathy is gonna set in when you already know going in you hot no shot for 95% of the league.

Explain the popularity of La Liga, Barcelona and Real Madrid then.

The most fortuitous eras for the NBA have been the ones with the least parity.

Yup. It's a players league that thrives on it's Star power...not it's team name (the Lakers/Knick/Spurs being the exceptions).

I'm not gonna hate on Durant, great player and I can understand his choice.

But I hope the Warriors win nothing and I'm not sure they will. The karma gods are strong.

Hope the Celts move to Gasol.

You do realize the Warriors were below average for a long period of time right? They were the Lakers' bitch for years.

I wish I could see Steve Balmer's face when he heard the news. CLASSIC.

Tbh I will probably hate 16-17 Warriors more than the Heat Big Three now. Lebron has redeemed himself in my eyes with the Cavs.

But what if this move leads to OKC going back to Seattle? Still bad?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That Zaza deal is insane.

Folks begging for a hard cap are missing the fact that there are guys near the end of their career who will actually take way less money to win a ring.

ViciousDS

Banned
GSW + Durant is going to be great TV. Sucks it'll almost always be late EST.

Lol pretty much.....they would have had an insanely bigger viewing audience if he joined Boston. Games on average start at like 9-10pm CST come fall for warriors. Might as well just watch the Knicks.....that will be entertaining. Let's see who sits first due to soreness

Charles Barkley is the worst 3 pointer shooter of all time, statistically speaking. I think this is core to his hatred of 3-point shooting teams.

Jarate

Banned
Watching this Summer League game and Ben Simmons looks like a man among boys right now. His passing ability is absolutely insane holy shit

Christian Wood is also playing surprisingly well

Misterhbk

If the Warriors dip into the Luxury Tax to sign a couple more vet minimum guys like David West, would it fuck up anything in terms of them maxing Curry and Durant next year?

phanphare

Banned
Hibbert to Charlotte per Woj. You have my condolences Hornets-GAF.

it's the right move honestly but......yeah

honestly I think cho and co. did a great job this off season, all things considered. our core is locked up to long term deals, most under their market value. did the best they could for this season without fucking over the future.

Man the Warriors management knows what they are doing. Plus you got consultants like Jerry West and Steve Nash.

I know we all joke about Lacob being cocky as fuck but he's smart enough to surround himself with brilliant basketball minds.

Chief among them,

Jerry West is your consigliere/closer
Hiring a talented sports agent as your GM in Bob Myers- who better than someone who made a living negotiating player contracts on the other side.
Kerr- coach who apprenticed under both Phil and Pop.
Larry Riley- the GM who drafted Curry and Thompson- Kept him on board as lead talent evaluator

The list goes on...

Top Bottom