• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jarate

Banned
idk what you guy were watching, he was able to get to the basketball, but was happening with everyone. Shot 2/7 and didnt have a huge impact.

Simmons played a lot better in that game, way more impactful, although his shot is still super rough.

Best players for the Celtics were Rozier and Hunter that game, Hunter especially hit some daggers in the game.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I still can't believe I live in a world where Lance Thomas is a competent NBA player.

It looks like the deal is in the range of 4 years, 27 million.

Randolph, you of all people should know to never doubt the power of Black Diamond Jesus. Its prolly going to rub off on Marshall too.

Chase17

idk what you guy were watching, he was able to get to the basketball, but was happening with everyone. Shot 2/7 and didnt have a huge impact.

Simmons played a lot better in that game, way more impactful, although his shot is still super rough.

Best players for the Celtics were Rozier and Hunter that game, Hunter especially hit some daggers in the game.
I think we were all joking. Maybe? Not actually sure

Also Zaza to warriors changes everything

Jarate

Banned
Miller on the Celtics also had a really nice game, your teams bench beat our teams bench, and those 3 balls were killer.

Chase17

thoughts on Durant since I wasn't around while that was happening

Don't blame him for going to GS. Was clearly the best choice if he wants win a ring.

Basketball is probably my favorite sport so it's too bad to see that the NBA has such parity issues (yes it's always been this way, and no I don't think the league should intervene and stop anything from happening). Baseball and NFL seasons always feel like there's much more up in the air which is fun.

That said there are still many things I'm interested in for the upcoming season. Curious to see how the T-Wolves, Bucks and Sixers develop as they all have interesting teams to me. And of course I'll enjoy watching the Celtics with Horford, Smart making the jump to top 10 guard, and Jaylen Brown going for bad/great dunk attempts. Hoping we can get a playoff rematch with the Hawks since that could be a really fun series (as we maybe get our revenge). I don't think everything needs to be title oriented so there is still a lot to look forward to in the upcoming season.

And I can now shift my focus to the next FA class. Wonder who will take a meeting with the Celtics before picking a different team. Hope it's CP3 (or Durant again).

Also regardless on your thoughts on Durant or SAS this was still pretty funny
http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/espn-interrupts-wimbledon-coverage-to-let-stephen-a-sm-1783080334

2K please have a GSW free mode

Can you give us more insider info on the meetings you attended?
Here's the scoop, with more context, straight from Draymond who was actually at the meeting instead of a secondhand source.
Kevin Durant didn’t say a lot during his meeting with the Golden State Warriors last Friday. The NBA’s most coveted free agent, however, did have one particular question that he posed to the Warriors’ core of Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and Andre Iguodala while at a mansion in The Hamptons:

Could he mess up the Warriors’ team camaraderie and chemistry?

The very well-prepared Warriors collectively answered a question with a question and their team motto in mind.

“We asked him how many championships do you think we can win with the way the team is now? How many championships can you win without us? How many do you think we can win together?” Green told The Undefeated.
http://theundefeated.com/features/strength-in-numbers-convinced-kevin-durant-to-join-warriors/

Does New York have enough money for Wade?

Then they will TRULY have the best 2011/12 team of all-time.

CmUvf27VMAAU1wz.jpg

pislit

kevin love gets traded so that wade can sign to cleveland

dallas gets love to absorb contract

LOOOOOLL

please do this for the fuckery of it all

It is a little weird that in 4 years we went from OKC losing the Finals to having the entire core of that team destroyed with Russ being the only player left.

I think Nick Collison is the only guy left that played with
sabu.png
on that 2012 roster lol.

Daily Thunder is so depressing right now lmao

Whoever this RK Anthony is from Welcome to Loud City is soooo salty. I should have read Cavs blogs when LBJ left to get an idea of how bitter they were in comparison.

mjp2417

Banned
It is a little weird that in 4 years we went from OKC losing the Finals to having the entire core of that team destroyed with Russ being the only player left.

I think Nick Collison is the only guy left that played with
sabu.png
on that 2012 roster lol.

The reality that this OKC core is never going to win a title is bumming me out. Feels wrong in ways that Cleveland 2010 didn't. That team was a dumpster fire that just happened to get the right lotto pick in the one year it really mattered. This was a consistently well-built team (even the fucking Harden trade led to Steven Adams) that just always seemed to be snakebitten

Mortemis

Banned
Mavs trying to copy that GS blueprint.

Now they just need to get Klay's brother and whoever the second best dick kicker in the league is.

lololol

The reality that this OKC core is never going to win a title is bumming me out. Feels wrong in ways that Cleveland 2010 didn't. That team was a dumpster fire that just happened to get the right lotto pick in the one year it really mattered. This was a consistently well-built team (even the fucking Harden trade led to Steven Adams) that just always seemed to be snakebitten

The Seattle curse is real.

The snake was whoever decided it wasn't worth paying any of these stars they kept finding out of nowhere.

Top Bottom