• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

mjp2417

Banned
The snake was whoever decided it wasn't worth paying any of these stars they kept finding out of nowhere.

I mean sure, fuck Clay Bennett, etc., but they also suffered injuries to key players each year after 2012 except this year (when they could and should have defeated a 73 win team). It's the closest thing to a dynasty in basketball that never became a dynasty.

Do they even have the money to do that?

Regardless I hope it happens since why not

Also Dwade and Lebron on same team again would be fun. Highly doubt it happens though.

Let's get out of the way the fact that Wade to Cleveland isn't happening.

But, no, they couldn't pay Wade market rate. The only way he joins is if he's willing to take something like the biannual exception ($2.2 million), assuming they don't cut any additional salary and qualify for the full mid-level exception. Wade would only do either if he just wanted to stick it to Miami.

rambis

Banned
Is he going to play with Jerry West? Those players have no respect for him looking at what Green proudly told to the press. That's not a good look.
Huh?

Steph said earlier this season it would be a dream to play with him. Im willing to bet he comes in and takes over as number 1.

Let's get out of the way the fact that Wade to Cleveland isn't happening.

But, no, they couldn't pay Wade market rate. The only way he joins is if he's willing to take something like the biannual exception ($2.2 million), assuming they don't cut any additional salary and qualify for the full mid-level exception. Wade would only do either if he just wanted to stick it to Miami.

That would be the most ridiculous thing a 35 year old player of his caliber could possibly do. Piss away your last giant paycheck because you want a fourth ring? While no name players are making 50 million?

FZZ

Banned
Could LeBron opt in for a 1 year with a paycut and get his friend a bigger salary and then go for the max next season?

They also can offload someone else...

I'd rather him be at the Bucks tho

That would be the most ridiculous thing a 35 year old player of his caliber could possibly do. Piss away your last giant paycheck because you want a fourth ring? While no name players are making 50 million?

Keep in mind that just 3 hours ago, you were hyping 32 year old Zaza Pachulia taking a below market, 2.9 million deal for the purpose of ring chasing.

But, you know, you have this whole character you have to maintain.

I wanna be a fly in the room of Dwayne Wade telling Gabriel Union that we're going to Cleveland, Ohio.

Like bro you're top 5 2-guard of all-time, with 3 rings, and you 35-year old body probably feels a lot older with the reckless play you've put on it over the year. Take your big Miami pay check and enjoy these last few years.

mjp2417

Banned
Would Wade even be an upgrade to JR? Did he suddenly learn how to shoot 3s or something?

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I wouldn't swap JR Smith for Dwyane Wade if that was the decision. However, JR + Wade would be interesting. Not sure how the salaries would work

Keep in mind that just 3 hours ago, you were hyping 32 year old Zaza Pachulia taking a below market, 2.9 million deal for the purpose of ring chasing.

But, you know, you have this whole character you have to maintain.

Zaza is not turning down at least 20 million for 2.9 is he? Zaza is not a three time champion is he? Zaza is not 35 years old is he?

Zaza is not turning down at least 20 million for 2.9 is he? Zaza is not a three time champion is he? Zaza is not 35 years old is he?

Less is less, and you're the dude seemingly intent on keeping score on rings. Pick a lane, bruh.

Real talk, though, do you even remember why you hate LeBron? What horrible thing did he do to you to turn you into the comment section guy?

Less is less, and you're the dude seemingly intent on keeping score on rings. Pick a lane, bruh.

Real talk, though, do you even remember why you hate LeBron? What horrible thing did he do to you to turn you into the comment section guy?

Less is less doesn't make a lot of sense when you're comparing money at different points in a career.

Zaza is 32 and was fairly solid last year. I wouldn't have been surprised to see him get 20 million over 2 years in this market.

Wade would be turning down 40 million over 2 years and that's the lowball offer from the Heat.

/shrug D.Wade still had a pretty damn good season last year guys.

Played 74 games with 30MPG which is the most he's done in years. His numbers were not shabby at all despite taking a slight hit on his FG%. Good playoff numbers to despite playing without Bosh.

Wade still has a bit left in the tank imo.

If he's that mad, I'm fine letting him leave. I doubt he will but The Heat have to move on someday so I'm good with starting now. It's not like we have a good team right now anyways.

What sucks though is the Heat effectively traded away damn near all their picks to get Lebron and later Dragic on the team.

If worst comes to worst, who could they actually trade to start the rebuild process?

Huh?

Steph said earlier this season it would be a dream to play with him. Im willing to bet he comes in and takes over as number 1.

Maybe. Time will tell how things work out there. Like, Steph can give it a try for a year and he can bounce if things don't align with his expectations.

Played 74 games with 30MPG which is the most he's done in years. His numbers were not shabby at all despite taking a slight hit on his FG%. Good playoff numbers to despite playing without Bosh.

the heat tanking this season, you say? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Gigglepoo

It's the first time he got out of the first round (without LeBron's help) since 2006!

Two Words

How good was Zaza last year? With Draymond, and the perimeter defenders that GS has, can he be Bogut level? Anywhere near?

Zaza was demolishing expectations in the first half of the season and then he came back down to Earth in the second half. It's a ridiculously good MLE sign for the Warriors though. They needed to fill up the center spot and Zaza is definitely the best they could possibly hope to get for less than 3m.

Two Words

Just realized that the Mavs have a chance at the playoffs with the Thunder out of the picture. I think they would still beat out Dallas as is, but they might trade Westbrook for a full reboot.

Cornbread78

Finally getting a chance to watch that Boston/Philly game.

So far through 1, Jackson better make this roster; I'm liking his game, he controls the floor well and can shoot.

Brown needs to stay in control, but damn, if that boy can finish and develope a mid range, step back jumper, watch out...

Hunter looks so friggen goofy, but of he can keep hitting those 3's, he should find minutes

Now Simmons, that man can see the floor and pass like a champ. Will he be playing the old Antoine Walker "point forward" role this season?

Oh and Frenchie and Sully have to be the biggest 1-2 ass team in the NBA.

Fjordson

How good was Zaza last year? With Draymond, and the perimeter defenders that GS has, can he be Bogut level? Anywhere near?
I dunno, Bogut's passing and screening was so good. Zaza also isn't as good of a rim protector.

But for the space we had, it's a nice signing.

Well what are the Heat going to do with Bosh anyways. I've even looked around a bit on it and haven't seen any mention if he's going to play or not.

Just realized that the Mavs have a chance at the playoffs with the Thunder out of the picture. I think they would still beat out Dallas as is, but they might trade Westbrook for a full reboot.

Dallas has a great core now thanks to Durant lol. Defensively I think the team will be good due to the personnel. Will easily play for the 6-8 seed.

Marz

Doesn't Wade got Gatorade and other various endorsement deals
? don't think he's worried about money like some of you are implying. I could definitely see him being the competitive type and joining Lebron in Cleveland for a couple more title runs.

Ninjimbo

What sucks though is the Heat effectively traded away damn near all their picks to get Lebron and later Dragic on the team.

If worst comes to worst, who could they actually trade to start the rebuild process?
Whiteside and Winslow might be the only assets they have. I'm honestly fine with being in NBA purgatory for the next few years though. Unless Westbrook falls onto our laps, I don't see any path to a championship in the near future. I'm just looking to see how Winslow and Richardson develop alongside Whiteside. I'm really interested in that core.

Top Bottom