• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

I dunno, Bogut's passing and screening was so good. Zaza also isn't as good of a rim protector.

But for the space we had, it's a nice signing.

He's basically an upgrade over Bogut at FT's and has a decent mid-range jumper (he shouldn't even be shooting though on that roster)

He's an alright rebounder but he gets boxed out easily by most of the bigger/stronger bigs in the NBA.

Draymond can pick up the slack on the boards though.

Wade has been taking pay cuts for years now, he's long overdue. If guys were so willing to take virtually no money at all then the NBA would have had super teams a lot more often, Durant is BARELY taking a cut to make this happen.

Sorry had to do it.
giphy.gif

GSW will be the only tier 4 team on 2K and when you lose with them, you take about 10 L's.

On another note, I have a feeling RW is going to decline statwise. His scoring will go up but his assist rate will go down. No more triple doubles out the wazoo

Just realized that the Mavs have a chance at the playoffs with the Thunder out of the picture. I think they would still beat out Dallas as is, but they might trade Westbrook for a full reboot.

Feel bad for that 8th seed team that has to face the Warriors.
It is going to be hard to fathom how good the Warriors will be. Words can't do enough justice. Truly an unstoppable force.

Gigglepoo

Doesn't Wade got Gatorade and other various endorsement deals
? don't think he's worried about money like some of you are implying. I could definitely see him being the competitive type and joining Lebron in Cleveland for a couple more title runs.

None of these uberstars need their NBA salaries. It's a pride thing. He doesn't want to make less than scrubs.

Duncan and Dirk are the rare guys who sincerely care about winning above all else.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I never understood why we always concern ourselves with who the goat is.

Bill russell has more rings than i have fingers. 8 of them came in a row. And 2 ncaa wins.

No one will ever reach that again.

Anyways...
Kobe is forever.

All I know is just comparing rings is kinda dumb. Magic Johnson never had to play on a bad team during his prime. You don't think LeBron gets five rings on a team with the best center of the decade(give or take Hakeem) and HoFer James Worthy in the 80s? With his speed, power, basketball IQ, durability, defense prowess, passing ability? yea ok

Yeah the Heat struggled getting a center during the big 3 era. They had to give a go to freaking greg oden cause no one would trade with them. I wonder if this will affect the Warriors in trades.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
When you have that many rings though, its a little more than just being in the right place at the right time.

He excelled in all forms of his career.

mjp2417

Banned
When you have that many rings though, its a little more than just being in the right place at the right time.

He excelled in all forms of his career.

It actually kinda is largely about being in the right place at the right time with the right players though. Jordan could still be Jordan with all of his attributes, but if Bulls management does not land Scottie Pippen in 1987 there is a very different narrative about basketball in the 90's. If Bill Russell is on the 60's Pistons he's not winning 11 rings. If LeBron is drafted by the 2003 Pistons he possibly 5-peats his first 5 years in the league. Situation and context matter.

jman2050

If LeBron is drafted by the 2003 Pistons he possibly 5-peats his first 5 years in the league. Situation and context matter.

Pistons getting Lebron was impossible, the Memphis pick was protected at #1. Short of a brain aneurysm by the GM of whoever got that pick in this alternate universe that is, so I guess technically there was a chance.

That aside, your point is sound.

mjp2417

Banned
Pistons getting Lebron was impossible, the Memphis pick was protected at #1. Short of a brain aneurysm by the GM of whoever got that pick in this alternate universe that is, so I guess technically there was a chance.

That aside, your point is sound.

Yeah, I always forget about that. Plausible counterfactual though is if Joe Dumars doesn't shit the bed and takes Melo, Melo's legacy is radically different. Dude wins a title in his only year at Syracuse and he's going to win at least a handful in his first 5 years in the NBA. He becomes the ultimate "winner" blessed with a "clutch gene," not the money and stat chasing volume shooter he is currently known as.

jdstorm

Banned
Feel bad for that 8th seed team that has to face the Warriors.
It is going to be hard to fathom how good the Warriors will be. Words can't do enough justice. Truly an unstoppable force.

It could be fun if it was Minny. Those guys are young brash athletic and looking to take on the world.

Fatalah

I read the Knicks made savvy moves to sign Jennings, and keep Thomas and Galloway.

As a long time Knicks fan, I'm so not used to this.

Man, how much of a paycut would Bogut have taken to stay (theoretically, of course, since he can't just opt to cut his contract)? Tough to be booted from that team as a salary casualty.

Is DWade really having a meeting with the Cavs or is that all bullshit? I've seen it reported a few places.

I've seen a couple of bits from approved twitter personalities but nothing from big media. DWade and LeBron are so tied to the hip that a talk seems inevitable, but still no reason to believe this is anything but help for a powerplay to up the Heat's offer again.

None of these uberstars need their NBA salaries. It's a pride thing. He doesn't want to make less than scrubs.

Duncan and Dirk are the rare guys who sincerely care about winning above all else.

I feel like between the two, Dirk is the perfect example of how "taking one for the team" doesn't always payoff.

Pau Gasol confirmed the best kept secret on Twitter a few minutes ago. He's going to be a Spur! Who saw this coming yesterday?

Call it a hunch, but I also think KD is going to Golden State.

jmizzal

Doesn't Wade got Gatorade and other various endorsement deals
? don't think he's worried about money like some of you are implying. I could definitely see him being the competitive type and joining Lebron in Cleveland for a couple more title runs.

Wade is not a LeBron follower and not chasing him, remember he is the one that got LeBron to come to Miami in the first place.

Wade wants to get paid, this is his last chance to get paid. He has 3 rings why would he ring chase now?

effzee

Would Wade even be an upgrade to JR? Did he suddenly learn how to shoot 3s or something?

Not that I think it happens, but Wade is a much better overall player even if he can't shoot the 3. He could drive to the rim for one and he gets people defending him into foul trouble all the time.

I wanna be a fly in the room of Dwayne Wade telling Gabriel Union that we're going to Cleveland, Ohio.

Like bro you're top 5 2-guard of all-time, with 3 rings, and you 35-year old body probably feels a lot older with the reckless play you've put on it over the year. Take your big Miami pay check and enjoy these last few years.

Again won't happen, but you do realize they won't have to move or relocate to Cleveland.

He would play for them but still live in Miami. Maybe rent an apartment in Cleveland max.

sytadel

One last chance to play on the main stage for DWade, or increase your bank account and fizzle out on a mountain of cash. Most understandably choose the latter, but man I want him to say fuck GSW let's get it & sign with the Cavs.

jmizzal

One last chance to play on the main stage for DWade, or increase your bank account and fizzle out on a mountain of cash. Most understandably choose the latter, but man I want him to say fuck GSW let's get it & sign with the Cavs.

Once again, LeBron and Wade started the super teams, why would they be like F GSW for getting a super team?

3 of those players were drafted and groomed by the Warriors, its not like the Warriors just went out and signed a bunch of Stars.

But maybe LeBron gets his Super Friends banana boat team this year. Trade Kyrie Irving for CP3 and Kevin Love in a sign and trade for Wade lol

Top Bottom