• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

That's a lot of money to leave on the table if he takes the mle in Cleveland.

It's about sending a message to Pat the Don

Pretty sure LeBron would give Wade money through his Nike deal under the table

You act like Wade has to live in shitty Cleveland forever , it's just from October to June at worst and I bet Pat crawls back to Wade after the heat don't sell out games X take L's in merchandise sales

Sifl

If Westbrook is really intent on leaving the Thunder, there's no reason to go all in on any trade. Thunder have no leverage, anyone that gives up more then scraps for him (especially the Celtics+Knicks, since those seem like the most likely free agent destinations) would be foolish.

Really don't understand the hurry to trade a bunch of shit for Russell Westbrook when he's gonna be a FA in a year. Especially Boston who already have a young PG with 22 points and 6 dimes a night.

wow, nice. Not really sure what Celtics could give for Westbrook. BKN pick, Thomas, Crowder, Brown ... ?
If he signs a multi year extension first before trade ynot. But for what could end up a 1 year rental of ynb, nope.

As for Wade.. No way Cavs can sign him and still keep Pipe, Bron on new contracts. Dan must not be fazed by luxury tax.

Somebody who dresses and dances like Russell Wetbrook is California bound, no doubt

Although I do think Utah Jazz are like one great PG away from being an elite/50+ win team in the West if they healthy, and Westbrook could be amazing for them. But Russ aint going to Utah on purpose, b....

fuck Westbrook unless he signs the deal right when he gets off the plane
he is going to leave asap

Ainge water you doing man, or do you think KD will sign if Westbrook is here for the next 4/5 years

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/7/5/12...ichael-jordan-for-a-game-of-pickup-basketball

banderas.png

Brinbe

I think Wade's def heading to the Cavs. I don't see why he wouldn't at this point. Money isn't everything and he gets a free ride to the finals tagging along with LeBron and co.

Basically a finals of

Irving
Wade
LeBron
Love
T. Thompson

vs

Curry
K. Thompson
Igoudala
Durant
Green

holy shit

spyder_ur

Somebody who dresses and dances like Russell Wetbrook is California bound, no doubt

Although I do think Utah Jazz are like one great PG away from being an elite/50+ win team in the West if they healthy, and Westbrook could be amazing for them. But Russ aint going to Utah on purpose, b....

The Jazz are a talented group. The problem with them is all of their talent is coming up for extensions around the same time. In the next two years they need to ink extensions or re-up Hayward, Gobert, and Hood. They are going to get monster deals.

The Burke pick really hurt them as PG has been their weakness. The next 6 picks after Burke were: McCollum, Carter-Williams, Adams, Olynyk, Shabazz and Giannis.

Where is this Cavs to Wade story coming from other than Cavs fans fanfiction on r/nba and twitter? Last night it was confirmed Wade was on some plane going from Florida to Cleveland and then we find out he's not even in the country still.

The disconnect between media reporting not even giving this theory the light of day versus the internet losing their minds over it is unlike anything I've seen before.

Misterhbk

Wouldn't Wade have to turn down 40 million and take like 3.5 to go to Cleveland? After already telling the heat their first offer of 10 million wasn't enough?

Where is this Cavs to Wade story coming from other than Cavs fans fanfiction on r/nba and twitter? Last night it was confirmed Wade was on some plane going from Florida to Cleveland and then we find out he's not even in the country still.

The disconnect between media reporting not even giving this theory the light of day versus the internet losing their minds over it is unlike anything I've seen before.

Lol Bam trying to be the voice of reason what is happening this free agency.

The Jazz are a talented group. The problem with them is all of their talent is coming up for extensions around the same time. In the next two years they need to ink extensions or re-up Hayward, Gobert, and Hood. They are going to get monster deals.

The Burke pick really hurt them as PG has been their weakness. The next 6 picks after Burke were: McCollum, Carter-Williams, Adams, Olynyk, Shabazz and Giannis.

Believe in George Hill

Did you even take the time to check where this has been coming from? Or is googling hard?

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/750307445004787712
https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/750321017780862976
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/750348459287449600

If it was just the really obviously shitty rumors (wich are out there), it probably would have been dismissed on GAF by now

Wade to Cavs makes zero sense if the whole reason he and Miami are far apart is because he wants a pay day. I'm sure he can't wait to move from Miami to Cleveland, and on top of that make less money than Iman Shumpert.

Windy on ESPN pretty much clearing up all of this.

And saying wade seeking 2 years 50 million.

Saying Chicago and Denver in the running right now

sytadel

Wade to Cavs makes zero sense if the whole reason he and Miami are far apart is because he wants a pay day.
He's officially talking to the Cavs, it's something. Can't LeBron just say i'll give you 40 milly when I retire with a billion +. Who's gonna know? I mean the guy watched The Godfather again on July 4th. :p

Wade to Cavs makes zero sense if the whole reason he and Miami are far apart is because he wants a pay day. I'm sure he can't wait to move from Miami to Cleveland, and on top of that make less money than Iman Shumpert.

One can be of two minds on this. He can put his foot down and say that he has taken less for the team for years, do right by me. He can at the same time say but if I am going to take less yet again, I might as well do it with my good friend LeBron and win a championship.

All that said, he will very likely stay in Miami if the money is right. He has 13 years of equity there.

Did you even take the time to check where this has been coming from? Or is googling hard?

https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/750307445004787712
https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/750321017780862976
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status/750348459287449600

If it was just the really obviously shitty rumors (wich are out there), it probably would have been dismissed on GAF by now

Googling is apparently not as hard as critical thinking. Windhorst just reported he wants 50 million now. Also, two of those tweets having nothing to do with the Cavs anyways, how fucking weak is that?

Here's what the Herald has learned, from speaking to a variety of sources over the past 24 hours:

-- Wade and the Heat are not on great terms. That is coming from both sides. "Ugly" has been the common descriptor.

-- Wade will take his time to make a decision. It may not be in next day or so. It is fully expected that he will take meetings once back in the United States.

-- The Bucks' meeting, set for Wednesday, is currently off. But everything is subject to change.

-- Wade wants a third season. The Heat is concerned about the implications of the over-36 rule (but that didn't stop the Mavericks with Nowitzki; greater explanation of that to come).

-- And yes, joining LeBron James in Cleveland is an option. Among a few still, and "a long shot" due to the economics, according to a source, but definitely an option. The Cavaliers don't currently have anything other than the taxpayer mid-level to offer ($3.48 million), which would be a huge reduction in pay. So they would need to make multiple deals to accommodate more salary. Or James would need to take a historically large cut, which wouldn't sit well with the players' union, but maybe he doesn't care about that. He repeatedly told me, when I was covering the Cavaliers during the 2014-15 season, how much he missed Wade. That may be priceless.

But Heat fans should be concerned.

This is officially more dangerous than last season. It's two offseasons of bad feelings.

And for Wade, it appears from this vantage point that it will come down to whether he really wants to win -- and stick it to the Heat in the process -- by choosing Cleveland, or whether he wants to take the most money from a place like Denver.

The Heat look like it is in the middle.

Miami, which has lost two starters already, may not be a championship contender even with Wade.

And it appears that Wade thinks he can get more money, or years, elsewhere.

And yes, the fans may be the ones squashed.

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2016/07/so-whats-the-deal-with-dwyane-wade-and-cleveland.html

Top Bottom