• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Chris Bosh is not of the opinion that his career is over. "I guess my career in Miami is done. My career is not done."

See @IraHeatBeat on Twitter for more.

It's not loading for me but here's the latest Bosh video in which he has some pretty strong words for Riley and the Heat.

http://www.uninterrupted.com/watch/82oKRX5A/ep-4-crossroads?playlist=N4M8xKh5

7AMEf3i.png

Chris Bosh offers scathing rebuke to Pat Riley, vows NBA return

Riley contended he attempted numerous times to reach out to Bosh without success. Bosh has continually questioned the Heat's approach in keeping him off the court, citing potential salary-cap relief that the Heat could receive as early as February.

"I want to tell Miami, everybody in Miami, this not how I planned it to be," Bosh said in the video release that included his wife, Adrienne, reading Riley's statement on Monday to her husband. "They don't want to hear Dwyane [Wade] is gone. They don't want to hear, 'Oh, yeah, Chris is never going to play for the Miami Heat again.' I just feel for the fans. I wanted to give them more. I wanted to give them something better. Because they deserve better than what they're getting right now."

Wade, who had shared common representation with Bosh until Bosh recently left his agent, departed the Heat in July in free agency after contentious negotiations with the Heat. With Riley's pronouncement regarding Bosh's future, it now leaves the Heat without any members of their championship Big Three, with LeBron James having departed as a free agent in July 2014.

Bosh appeared to make clear that if the Heat anticipate salary-cap relief because of his retirement, they should consider another reality, despite the belief of the Heat medical staff of Bosh likely to need to remain on blood thinners due to his clotting episodes, thereby precluding a return. The NBA medical staff last week agreed with the findings of the Heat physical that ruled out a Bosh return for training camp.

"That does not mean my NBA career is over," Bosh said of the Heat stance. "There's 29 other teams, it's a whole league. One team does not make up the opinion of everything."

In the video, Bosh appeared to challenge many of the touchstones the Heat stressed during Bosh's six seasons with the franchise.

"It's kind of tough," he said. "We say all these things: the commitment, brotherhood and all these things. And then, for whatever reason, you find out, or I find out like this. So, it hurts.

"You think when you're done playing, this is how it's going to go: You ride off into the sunset, everything is all good, you blow kisses and maybe a couple of tears are shed and everything and the people just send you off. And that's not so much the case with me. So, I guess my career in Miami's done. My career's not done. But I did not expect that at all."

Bosh reiterated what he believes is his destiny to return to the NBA.

"And I feel like it's just some higher power telling me like, 'It's not right now, because if you look at the way things are going with the organization and everything, maybe just right now isn't your time to play basketball,' " Bosh said. "And that's kind of how I took it. And, so, I hear the message loud and clear and I'm just trying to work through it, as best as I can."

Bosh said the pronouncement from Riley was a shot to the gut.

"I was in disbelief for a couple of seconds, and then I threw my phone down and stormed out of the room," he said. "I'm glad I didn't break my phone. I wanted to break it, but I didn't.

"This is my reality. You can either make it a good thing or a bad thing. You can either complain or you can just keep moving on. And I just decided to keep moving on."

Jarate

Banned
If doctors are telling him his career is over, his career is over. He could potentially die if he gets another blood clot in his legs.

He could probably play basketball again, but he cannot travel ever again and he cannot play any type of large minutes if he tries to come back. Even then, is the risk worth your life?

qcf x2

To think, Riley was once considered a big reason why players might consider joining the Heat. Now Wade, Lebron AND Bosh have pretty much aired their grievances publicly about him.

As for the 6ers, from a Browns fan all I can say is "what else did you expect?"

Hopefully he works on the upper part (arms) of his shooting stroke while he's off his feet.

To think, Riley was once considered a big reason why players might consider joining the Heat. Now Wade, Lebron AND Bosh have pretty much aired their grievances publicly about him.

As for the 6ers, from a Browns fan all I can say is "what else did you expect?"

Hopefully he works on the upper part (arms) of his shooting stroke while he's off his feet.

It'll be pretty hard for him to work on his shot with a broken foot.

Sandfox

This is horrible news and hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

Tim S. Grover ‏@ATTACKATHLETICS 5m5 minutes ago
Ben Simmons puts on 33 lbs, now a broken foot. Related? For sure. Athletes can't add that much weight that quickly w/out impacting movement.
The weight thing made me double take when I first heard about it a few years ago.
It'll be pretty hard for him to work on his shot with a broken foot.
Yeah.

Bread

Banned
Adrian Woj @VerticalWojReports 1m ago
Ben Simmons news could be disastrous, same injury as Greg Oden in 2008. Some are calling him Greg Oden 2.0 and believe that Jaylon Brown would have been the safer pick.
wow danny did it

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah, where's Xia at? Would love to get the season thread out of the community section for some more traffic.

I can check with the other mod staff to see if doing a "first 3 weeks of the season" thing like the CFB and NFL threads would be ok, but assuming it's fine it's really up to you all to decide whether to start in OT.

Fjordson

I can check with the other mod staff to see if doing a "first 3 weeks of the season" thing like the CFB and NFL threads would be ok, but assuming it's fine it's really up to you all to decide whether to start in OT.
If at all possible, OT is the way to go imo. So many more eyeballs on the thread to get potential new posters.

But if not then community is obviously fine too.

Jarate

Banned
From what im reading there's 3 zones in the 5th metatarsal fracture

Zone 1 is a Pseudo Jones Fracture which generally does not need surgery unless the bone is displaced. This usually has a 6-8 week recovery.

Zone 2 is the Jones Fracture, Famously had by Kevin Durant, and Brook Lopez. This has a 3-4 month recovery time, but generally half of all big men who get this injury are required to get a second surgery

There's also a Zone 3 fracture. Nobody has described this, but im assuming this is what happens when your bone just gets absolutelly annihilated which I dont think is the case

From what im reading there's 3 zones in the 5th metatarsal fracture

Zone 1 is a Pseudo Jones Fracture which generally does not need surgery unless the bone is displaced. This usually has a 6-8 week recovery.

Zone 2 is the Jones Fracture, Famously had by Kevin Durant, and Brook Lopez. This has a 3-4 month recovery time, but generally half of all big men who get this injury are required to get a second surgery

There's also a Zone 3 fracture. Nobody has described this, but im assuming this is what happens when your bone just gets absolutelly annihilated which I dont think is the case

Fuck that sucks man. Hope he gets better.

Jarate

Banned
A lot of people on twitter are saying since it was on a rolled ankle that it might be an avulsion, which would be a zone 1 fracture.

Bread

Banned
Dr Philly @SixersTeamDoctor 15s ago
CONFIRMED: Simmons broke all zones of foot, no foot left. We will operate and replace his foot with Andrew Bynum's hand.
that's a weird operation? can they do that?

I also heard they're going to transplant Noel's arms on Embiid's body to create a four-armed super freak.

Never a good sign for a top pick rookie big man to go down before his first season. Embiid, Greg Odin, and many others did the same and we hardly ever heard from them again

gutshot

The sports gods demanded a sacrifice for Carson Wentz's success. It was the only way. Simmons (and Hinkie) died for our sins.

Jarate

Banned
Brandon Ingram has to be the favorite now. If the Sixers move some centers Embiid might have a chance until he breaks both his feet.

Ingram isn't starting right now is he?

Which rookies are actually starting right now? Simmons still has a chance if his injury is just an avulsion injury since hell be back by Christmas, but if Embiids minute restriction isn't ridiculous he has to be the favorite right now? Also, Saric could surprise some people if he plays well with Simmons out.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yo

Got protect my privacy and league pass going on my phone. It says the game is blacked out still.....:interesting considering it thinks I'm located in Mexico due to spoofing. Is it just because the game isn't on yet?

I sadly know it's working for location because I'm in the middle of Guadalajara in Pokemon go if I launch it lololol

Top Bottom