• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Oladipo is better than the other guys they've been playing in their backcourt not named Westbrook by default but hes really not any good.

Hueytothe

Fucking do something Ainge
Jae Crowder is untouchable
danny-ainge-crushed.gif

Trading Serge was a good move by OKC. Did you guys miss the WCF where Adams and KD at the 4 dominated and almost beat the Warriors? Serge became redundant. Might as well cash in on his value while you can, and they did a good job of it. Got a solid backcourt player in Oladipo and a lottery pick for the last year of Ibaka's contract. This probably makes it more likely KD would stay, if anything.
I agree. Ibaka was only shooting 3's on that series.

Jarate

Banned
David Aldridge Verified account
‏@daldridgetnt

FWIW, told strongly in the last 2 minutes there is “no chance” of a Bulls-Wolves trade involving Jimmy Butler. Stay by your devices, tho.

Shams Charania Verified account
‏@ShamsCharania

Vertical Sources: Sacramento -- via Phoenix -- will select Georgios Papagiannis with the No. 13 pick in the NBA draft.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
What happened to skal's stock? I knew it fell, but it absolute bottomed out it seems. Worth it for the celts to take him?

How did this make OKC better? Olidipo isn't very good, sabonis is going to give them depth off the bench, and Illysova is average at best.

Frees up Ibaka's salary. If by some miracle they can move Kanter (not sure where, but Sabonis makes him sorta redundant) that's a lot of money off the books. Maybe they're trying to make a move that way?

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
That's a great haul for OKC. The only thing I don't like is the Sabonis pick, unless they are going to trade Kanter.

It might mean the end of Kanter.. as Sabonis really is the same type of player. Though Sabonis can fit the Kanter role for a rookie contract rate.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Floored that people think that is a lot for Ibaka. This is the harden trade all over again in terms of timing.

I wish.

Harden was a superstar in the making coming off the bench. Ibaka is just a good player. There is no chance he develops into that.

Honestly I'm glad Dipo is gone just so they didnt pay him when he was a RFA next year. The guy just isn't that good.

spyder_ur

How did this make OKC better? Olidipo isn't very good, sabonis is going to give them depth off the bench, and Illysova is average at best.

I don't understand it either. They are not a better team next year with this deal. Oladipo and Westbrook is the worst 3 pt shooting backcourt in the league. Sabonis and Adams non shooters too.

This is OKC maximizing an asset while they can, I think they were worried about resigning him.

Top Bottom