• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Hard

Banned
Baaaaaaaaaaaaahahah

OKC is fucking DONE

They must have gotten word that KD is leaving so might as well get value for whatever you can before you gotta fire sale it after he makes the jump.

get fucked Presti

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
What happened to skal's stock? I knew it fell, but it absolute bottomed out it seems. Worth it for the celts to take him?

He had a completely unremarkable year. I still think he could be a sleeper.. I know guys can get left out of the stat line easy at Kentucky with all the talent.. but it was more the eye test.. he looked lost out there and just not up to the task.

I didn't here Coach Cal talk about him earlier today either.. not the same way he did about Murray.

Jarate

Banned
Jake Fischer Verified account
‏@JakeLFischer

There were rumors circling around front offices that the Celtics had promised Georgios Papagiannis at No 31.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaahahah

OKC is fucking DONE

They must have gotten word that KD is leaving so might as well get value for whatever you can before you gotta fire sale it after he makes the jump.

get fucked Presti

Trading Ibaka is something they needed to do if KD was coming back. Did you guys not watch the WCF?!?! They weren't that long ago. This is hardly a sign that they are blowing it up.

Trading Ibaka is something they needed to do if KD was coming back. Did you guys not watch the WCF?!?! They weren't that long ago. This is hardly a sign that they are blowing it up.

Yeah Ibaka is hardly an integral piece to that team anymore. Steven Adams is clearly the third guy in OKC at least for some time now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Strange move by Orlando. Oladipo is a really good player.

This is literally what people said about Tobias Harris.

Neither of them really are. Other NBA GMs are smart enough to figure that out unfortunately. Hennigan admitting his failures like this though just makes me wonder why the hell hes still here even more though.

Yeah Ibaka is hardly an integral piece to that team anymore. Steven Adams is clearly the third guy in that team at least for some time now.

Ibaka is a guy who didn't fit in on their team and only has one year left on his contract, I know he's a "known" name, but I think people are really overestimating his value. Considering the circumstances the Thunder got a good haul for him.

Orlando got hosed in that trade, don't know what they were thinking.

giphy.gif

Tom Penny

Fuck I'm already pissed. Ainge should just keep taking the supposedly upside guys even if they can't play at this point. Maybe get lucky and hit on one out of 8 of them..

jman2050

Strange move by Orlando. Oladipo is a really good player.

I don't understand it at all. Ibaka is not the type of player who's going to get you out of the basement, you might as well stick with what you have and keep the rebuild going. This is just throwing away tradeable assets to tread water as the 9-12 seed.

Dthomp

This 100%. They played much better with Adams at C, and KD at PF. This doesn't solve a superior starting lineup but it gives us more pieces and options then an expensive Serge who seems to be regressing. Victor is significantly better then Waiters that we had to rely on heavily last season, and who knows how good Sabonis can turn out to be. Rookie contracts are nice that way that they aren't going to kill us like resigning Serge would.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Ibaka is a guy who didn't fit in on their team and only has one year left on his contract, I know he's a "known" name, but I think people are really overestimating his value. Considering the circumstances the Thunder got a good haul for him.

... They also got a guy with 1 year left on his deal before he gets paid and Illyasova. I do think Sabonis can be good but who knows.

Dre3001

Did I miss the meeting where Oladipo was some great player leading the Magic to the playoffs???

He can't shoot, doesn't play defense, has questionable handles and is injury prone.

He may replace Waiters for OKC and is good for a few highlight dunks a game but that's about it.

He started for the Magic since he was drafted and his shooting hasn't improved at all. He will get you 14 ppg on 14 attempts.

Magic tried to play him and Peyton this last year and it was obvious it wouldn't work since they are basically the same player except Peyton is younger and plays defense.

I'm honestly more disappointed the Magic traded Sabonis as well since I think he will turn out to be a solid pro.

jmizzal

SLAMonline 3m3 minutes ago
Thon on walk from stands:"When I walked past those guys in the green room some of those guys looked at me sideways.”

Lol they were hating on him

Top Bottom