• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Reave

The only thing that would save Orlando is if this is the first step of a bigger deal. Otherwise, this trade made no sense.

... They also got a guy with 1 year left on his deal before he gets paid and Illyasova. I do think Sabonis can be good but who knows.

he's RFA though IIRC, so that limits how much he's going to make, he's not going to break the bank like Serge will after this year. They get a year to see how he fits with their team and then can decide if they commit more money to him. Again, Serge's value wasn't exactly sky high here. They got a good return considering the circumstances. They could have pulled an Ainge and overvalued their own asset and ended up watching Serge walk for nothing next year.

eqGb0E4.png

BumRush

I don't understand it at all. Ibaka is not the type of player who's going to get you out of the basement, you might as well stick with what you have and keep the rebuild going. This is just throwing away tradeable assets to tread water as the 9-12 seed.

Agreed...just seems like a move that didn't need to be made.

Well I guess I ain't mad that we got DeMarre 2.0. He was a huge reason for that 60 win season. Just wonder if he'll start but my guess is that he gets worked into the rotation until all-star break or something.

Top Bottom