• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Jarate

Banned
seeing all these FA's skipping out on LA makes that top 3 protected pick in a super deep draft next year look amazing right now

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/2016-9-29-anthony-morrow-nba-letter-to-undrafted-rookies/

An Open Letter to the Undrafted
By Anthony Morrow

Urafted fam,

First of all, welcome to the club. I wish I could say it was a more exclusive one.

Every year, I’ll usually tweet you guys some words of encouragement, but this year I wanted to do a little more than that.

For some of you, I’m sure this past draft night was a big disappointment, hearing name after name get called without any of them belonging to you.

But for many more of you, I bet last Thursday night went … pretty much how you expected. I know that was the case for me in 2008. I didn’t even stay awake for the whole draft. I fell asleep on a couch at Georgia Tech surrounded by a few friends and when I woke up, I said out loud, “I didn’t get drafted?” Everyone nodded. And that was that.

Just like you, my biggest question at that point was, “What now?”

So why is it that Whiteside and Durant don't want to meet with the Lakers?

They're not a very good team right now and basically every team in the league is going to have cap space so free agents can afford to be choosy. Not to mention, who wants to come in on the heels of Kobe and be burdened with being the "savior" of the team? No one can fill those shoes, and no one wants to be held to an impossible standard.

Kickz

Alex Kennedy: The Warriors have told people around the NBA that they’re confident Kevin Durant will seriously consider joining them. GS-KD meet on Friday.
– via Twitter AlexKennedyNBA

Don't do this KD, any team but the team that just whooped your ass..

El Topo

take your pick: 17 wins last year, the core is super young and unproven, ownership is a dysfunctional family, and the state tax is highest in the country.

With the whole Young/Russell thing I would say the team doesn't seem to work well together either.

Fjordson

Don't do this KD, any team but the team that just whooped your ass..
Eh, not sure the Dubs whooped their ass. We barely won that series.

But I don't think that quote means much when you really read it. Of course the Warriors are confident Durant will consider them. I'm sure every team meeting with KD is confident he'll at least consider them. Long way between that and actually signing him, though.

CmKtHhRUkAA0sMl.jpg

LOL!

KD please come and make me relevant again.

Jarate

Banned
Next years draft class will be absolutely insane, and it will be great when the Lakers get the 5th overall pick and give it to the sixers

Kings are a tire fire as well, and we have pick swap rights with them too

Imagine if Boogie gets injured, there's a very real chance the Kings can get the #1 pick next year. Hinkie is such a fucking genius goddamn

Jarate

Banned
Pistons should go after a spread 4 rather then an inside guy like Horford.

Maybe they're trying to setup a team similar to that Memphis Grizzlies team that had Randolph and Gasol.

Jarate

Banned
Horford is a spread 4...

Im not a fan of midrange two outside of 16 feet which Horford is really good at. Least efficient shot in basketball. Other then that, he shot .344 on 3's this year which also isnt all that good.

He's an elite midrange shooter, but I'd rather have a PF who can hit 3's a lot better then horford. Especially as Horford is an elite player inside, pushing him outside would take away from his elite skillset

Bread

Banned
Im not a fan of midrange two outside of 16 feet which Horford is really good at. Least efficient shot in basketball. Other then that, he shot .344 on 3's this year which also isnt all that good.

He's an elite midrange shooter, but I'd rather have a PF who can hit 3's a lot better then horford. Especially as Horford is an elite player inside, pushing him outside would take away from his elite skillset
He's one of the best face up bigs in the game, and he's a plus passer and rebounder. He's a perfect pairing with Drummond.

Top Bottom