• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Offseason |OT| "It's a complete shit move, but we're stuck with it now"

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
HawkS about to go bottom tier basement level.

Horford isn't gonna stay. Teague already gone. Kyle Korver didn't even bother to check in during the playoffs. Baze gonna probably leave cause some team gonna offer him a shit load of dough.

Fucking hell

Horford isn't gonna stay. Teague already gone. Kyle Korver didn't even bother to check in during the playoffs. Baze gonna probably leave cause some team gonna offer him a shit load of dough.

Fucking hell

I personally don't understand why they didn't start tanking after being swept last year.. because this year they got swept again.

PS: ATL ain't a basketball city anyway.

Fucking hell

Then why keep Millsap at this point?

jbug617

Banned
Knicks recruiting KD but are long shots. Melo, Rose and Noah trying hard.
Horford wants the max. Meeting with C's, Rockets and others.

Hearing Sixers got an offer planned for restricted guard Jordan Clarkson, might put a dent in the Lakers cap room and fuck em over. Could it be possible that nobody wants Dwight and Lakers pick him up because they practically have no center? lol...shiieeetttt.

Clarkson's max contract is basically mle for two years and then max for the third year. It's in the Lakers interest to let someone else offer him the standard max for Arenas Rule guys and then match. Doesn't really hurt their cap this year.

Clarkson has Arenas provision right?

From Libertyballers.com

Offering Clarkson a max would probably save the Lakers a lot of money overall if they are looking to max out Clarkson. Because with FA that only played 2 years or less, they have Arenas Provision rules which means that they can't pay him more then 5.6 mil the first year and that number only goes up by 5% the next. Basically, if Clarkson was ever going to get max money, it would be a bad deal for him and lose him 30 mil. Even then, something even less then the max would lose him money overall, but im not to good on this provision

The NBA definately has the worst contract rules in all of pro sports. This shit is so weird

I think that rule in particular though is good. Before it would basically punish teams for finding gems in the 2nd round.

Vanillalite

It sounds like he would want to stay in Atlanta if they offer him a full max deal.

Atlanta is hesitant cause he got fucking schooled against the Cavs.

Are they worse without him? Sure

If they resign him are they any better than they were this past year? No

Hawks are fucked in this regard cause nobody else who's max contract worthy is gonna want to come play here that's better than Horford. Yet Horford isn't good enough to be the team's main superstar and be any better than 3rd or 4th in the East.

serious.gif

Vanillalite

Buncha A level stars gonna make noise and get paid max money.

None of that shit gonna matter though cause there are like 4 teams that actually have a shot at the NBA finals.

Teams essentially paying max money to get guys to be at best 2nd round outs.

"Vertical Sources: Joakim Noah and the New York Knicks are in discussions on the framework of a deal in range of four years, $70M-plus." - @ShamCharania

LOLOLOL

Adrian Wojnarowski
@WojVerticalNBA
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak reached out on Mozgov at 12:01 AM, league sources tell @TheVertical . Centers could move on the market quickly.

Man, when Mozgov is your first priority...

Vanillalite

Again a bunch of A level stars gonna get super paid to go to a team just to be a playoff out for one of the big 4 teams (Cavs, Warriors, Spurs, OKC)

Top Bottom