• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Raps and Heat has potential to be a good series, but Lowry needs to get back to his regular season form. He's been bad lately by his standards.

trebbble

mrqjyjQ.jpg

I really hate seeing blown calls like that. The nba will come out and say that should have been a fouls but what the fucki does that do for Indiana. I think nba needs to have a system like NFL under two minutes they get to throw a flag if a missed called is made and have a replay.

Usually that goes against the Raptors, we've learned to live with it

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
The Raptors apparently have no regard for my health. Wayyyyy too close there.

GO RAPS!!

Norman Powell had a game! 13 pts on 5/6 shooting. Defense on PG13. My goodness.

You the real MVP! Norm

Props to Pacers I definitely underestimated them. PG13 does need help. Monta Ellis is washed up even though tonight he kind of played like Monta of old.

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO FUCKING HAPPY RIGHT NOW!! The rest doesn't even matter. Because now there is no pressure. The franchise has exorcised their demons. Hopefully now it isn't all chokes.

I really hate seeing blown calls like that. The nba will come out and say that should have been a fouls but what the fucki does that do for Indiana. I think nba needs to have a system like NFL under two minutes they get to throw a flag if a missed called is made and have a replay.

Foul calls would be like pass interference/holding calls which the NFL doesn't review either.

ZZMitch

Well that was the least inspiring 4th quarter I've ever seen. Not giving me confidence going into the next round

DeMar lucky not be called for the push. Bleh

Victory feels hollow

Brinbe

After three years of bullshit, I don't care if I hate Dwane Casey, DeMar is no-good chucker and Lowry is back to fat Lowry status. this feels fucking good. Losing that game would've killed this city.

Best weekend in Toronto sports in forever

After three years of bullshit, I don't care if I hate Dwane Casey, DeMar is no-good chucker and Lowry is back to fat Lowry status. this feels fucking good. Losing that game would've killed this city.

Best weekend in Toronto sports in forever

Only because the Bat Flip was on a weekday :p

Brinbe

Only because the Bat Flip was on a weekday :p

I was thinking of that and I was at that game, and that was really great. But nah, this is more cathartic. This is like fifteen years of no series wins ended. The Jays have two WS trophies already. PLUS WE GOT MATTHEWS TOO

chris121580

Congrats to the Raptors and fans! Hell of a series! I've been a Pacers fan all my life but I'm really struggling to get fully on board with PG. If he wants to leave a legacy as a Pacer, he needs to learn how to be a leader and not complain after not getting a foul called. He's still got quite a bit of maturing to do. Frustrating.

I feel bad for Paul George, dude has tremendous heart and talent, but they aren't going anywhere with that team regardless.

Let's go Raps! Not scurred of Miami.

Jarate

Banned
Myles Turner is going to be really good if he develops at all.

Paul George and Lillard are going to waste their primes on the treadmill

Brinbe

And we can legit beat the Heat. The Pacers were a much better defensive team (think they were a top 3 unit this season) and PG is much, much better than anyone in Miami. They played us super tough and we did well to get past them. The Heat feasted on a Hornets team with zero inside presence, won't be nearly that easy with JV/Biz patrolling the paint for us. They're also not a good 3-pt shooting team, so we should survive okay there.

Lowry/Powell can check Dragic/Wade. And DeMar/Carroll-Patterson can handle Johnson/Deng. Whiteside/JV is a wash. And I like our bench against their bench.

Despite all that, IsoJoe will probably kill us as he always does though.

And we can legit beat the Heat. The Pacers were a much better defensive team (think they were a top 3 unit this season) and PG is much, much better than anyone in Miami. They played us super tough and we did well to get past them. The Heat feasted on a Hornets team with zero inside presence, won't be nearly that easy with JV/Biz patrolling the paint for us. They're also not a good 3-pt shooting team, so we should survive okay there.

Lowry/Powell can check Dragic/Wade. And DeMar/Carroll-Patterson can handle Johnson/Deng. Whiteside/JV is a wash. And I like our bench against their bench.

Despite all that, IsoJoe will probably kill us as he always does though.

I agree with this assessment.

The pacers had 46 wins and had a totally new look this season + PG injury recovery. They totally looked way better than their record suggested. Next year with a FA addition plus developing frontline bigs they'll be top 4 in East. Excellent team, a real superstar, and great coach.

Heat are tough, but the hornets exposed them. A slashing guard can frustrate them immensely. BUT wade and dragic are tough as nails and can ball. Whiteside is an incredible anchor on D.

Myles Turner is going to be really good if he develops at all.

Paul George and Lillard are going to waste their primes on the treadmill

Myles Turner needs to work on his shot. He's damn good. But he has a long way to go. I liked what I seen of him.

PacersGAF you alright. Paul George is a monster but he needs help and he can't do it alone.Its kinda like a Hockey team with only one Great Forward everyone else is just grinders or 3rd line guys that can sometimes play good.

If the raptors series goes 5 the pearl Jam show i have tix to has to be moved lol, I wonder when they announce potential rescheduled dates, oy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom