• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I still can't believe the Pacers lost Game 5. They probably over achieved this season (this was a quick and dirty rebuild from the Lance/West/Hibbert era) but I'm still disappointed that they didn't advance.

I can't believe the Raps won game 5.

Complete insanity.

Gigglepoo

The Pacers could have been a big threat to the Cavs last year up to now if only PG didn't suffer that very bad injury. Freak accidents are part of the game so too bad for us Pacers fans for another possible long stretch of being middle of the pack.

I don't think people realize how consistent and successful the Pacers have been in the last twenty years.

Playoff appearances: 14
Conference Finals Appearances: 6
Finals Appearances: 1

Yeah, they have no championships, but that's still an impressive resume.

During that time, here's how many Eastern Conference Finals other teams have reached:

Heat: 7
Pacers: 6
Pistons: 6
Celtics: 4
Bulls: 3
Cavs: 3
Knicks: 2
Nets: 2
Magic: 2
76ers: 1
Bucks: 1
Hawks: 1

How many people would guess the Pacers would be second on that list? Pretty impressive, especially for a small market.

phanphare

Banned
MKG is definitely going to be a huge upgrade defensively but on the offensive side of the ball...it seemed like the offense just stalled for long periods of time. Is MKG even a good jump shooter? I remember the knock on him has always been his shot. Most notably, his form being absolutely atrocious.

part of that goes to the miami defense and coaching. whiteside allows them to more effectively guard the perimeter and passing lanes and spo did a great job with that.

and yeah mkg's shot was shit. mark price helped him rework it though and the results were pretty great. he improved his midrange percentages across the board and also increased the volume of his shooting. this past off season he worked hard on a corner 3 which in only 7 games played this season he actually got to show it off. last season he didn't attempt a single 3-pointer. this season through only 7 games he was 3 for 7 from 3. it's a small sample size but it's worth noting that he had only made three 3-pointers in his whole career before this season.

also because his shot was so bad mkg got really good at off the ball cutting so if he can keep improving his shot his offense should click

I'm hopeful with him if only because his work ethic is second to none. he's also really young. while he's been in the NBA for a bit at this point it's worth noting that he's actually younger than the rookie frank kaminsky.

Jarate

Banned
Kamisnky though played PG for his entire life before growing in high school to seven foot suddenly. He's still very raw as a big, so he might have a different career trajectory then other players

I like MKG a lot though, His contract is even better

Hornets are just missing a prototypical huge big guy. Kaminsky should be moved to PF anyway, as he's athletic enough to shoot from outside and good enough to guard a perimeter player.

phanphare

Banned
Kamisnky though played PG for his entire life before growing in high school to seven foot suddenly. He's still very raw as a big, so he might have a different career trajectory then other players

I like MKG a lot though, His contract is even better

Hornets are just missing a prototypical huge big guy. Kaminsky should be moved to PF anyway, as he's athletic enough to shoot from outside and good enough to guard a perimeter player.

kaminsky has only played pf this season

Jarate

Banned
kaminsky has only played pf this season

Yeah, he basically has, but his position is still listed as C, and it throws off my horrible need for these things to be corrected :p

I like the fact that Kaminsky was so aggressive last night, although he wasnt that successful at it, as a rookie, that's prime experience, and also shows what he has to get better at to be a consistent scorer in the league. If he's able to bulk up at all, Kaminsky could be really dangerous.

phanphare

Banned
Yeah, he basically has, but his position is still listed as C, and it throws off my horrible need for these things to be corrected :p

I like the fact that Kaminsky was so aggressive last night, although he wasnt that successful at it, as a rookie, that's prime experience, and also shows what he has to get better at to be a consistent scorer in the league. If he's able to bulk up at all, Kaminsky could be really dangerous.

yep. and that third quarter he had in game 3 will be huge for him going forward. love that big frank stayed in college because he wanted to avoid playing for the bobcats and now here he is, a key piece for the same franchise going forward. it's poetic.

coach clifford talked about frank bulking up in the end of season presser so I imagine he's going to be a different beast next season. plus al has been helping him all season with his post moves so if he gets his strength and confidence up he'll already have a bag of tricks to pull from.

a quality post touch would help too.

Gigglepoo

Pacers considering letting Frank Vogel go? That would be so dumb. Raptors should pick him up when their season ends if that happens.

I hope not but my guess is that the Pacers offense just hasn't been that effective under his command. I would rather they bring in someone to take over offensive responsibilities and keep Vogel because they've been really good under his guidance.

Pacers considering letting Frank Vogel go? That would be so dumb. Raptors should pick him up when their season ends if that happens.

Our GM did this last night. Lol Casey is staying
Cha9-z5WIAAojQM.png

Fjordson

As much as we need a slasher ...S-Dot is a better fit. I don't think Lin would be a great second guard off the bench anyways. He needs minutes to be effective. He's not really a microwave type player.
I guess I'm forgetting that Livingston is a bench guy lol. Getting too used to Steph being out.

Such a dumb thing to say though. Even if he's willing to he should just keep to himself so he doesn't get low ball. A lot of Seahawks player said that shit and it came back to bite them in the ass. Of course as a Seahawk fan I'm happy for my team, but if I was the player I would be face palming.

Any team that has Lin hasn't made it past the first round of the playoffs right?

The LIN CURSE!

phanphare

Banned
Such a dumb thing to say though. Even if he's willing to he should just keep to himself so he doesn't get low ball. A lot of Seahawks player said that shit and it came back to bite them in the ass. Of course as a Seahawk fan I'm happy for my team, but if I was the player I would be face palming.

look at what lin has been through in his career so far. can you blame him for being excited about finding a good spot after bouncing around the league like he did?

also the discount thing is kind of misleading because he has another season on his contract but has a player option so he's opting out theoretically to get paid more in line with what his value is

quote from jlin: "this is the most fun I've had in my 6 years by far, its not even close"

look at what lin has been through in his career so far. can you blame him for being excited about finding a good spot after bouncing around the league like he did?

also the discount thing is kind of misleading because he has another season on his contract but has a player option so he's opting out theoretically to get paid more in line with what his value is

He went to Harvard! Should be smarter!

phanphare

Banned
He went to Harvard! Should be smarter!

did you go to harvard? maybe lin's operating on a level beyond your comprehension ;p

foreal tho it sounds like he knows exactly what he wants

http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/te...273508-Exit-Interview---Jeremy-Lin.mp4-491582

"I definitely want to play with these guys, this coach. you bounce around a lot like I have and you kind of see a lot of different organizations and there's definitely a lot of really good things I can appreciate about this one that in terms of my experience maybe I didn't have in other situations."

What the flying fuck this can't be true, Vogel is one of the best coaches in the league and they would take a huge step backwards if this happens. Not even Lebron would have Vogel fired.

I think.

_woLf

Seattle City Council just voted 5-4 against a new arena. The new arena plan is pretty much dead.

The sonics are never coming back :(

Any Bay Area peeps interested in going to game 5 (assuming it goes there)? I have the opportunity to get some tickets at a discount due to my company. Hit me up in a message as the time window is short. Or tomorrow's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom