• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugly win but raptors pulled out on top. Miami had a lot of turnovers today.

Damn. They barely pull out one in TOR, even with the miracle shot to OT game 1, makes me think they could get blown out in MIA.

We'll see i suppose.

Heat played poorly overall. The reason this game's even close is because of the Raptors' bad shooting.

Hmm, well if their shooting improves, I guess anything's possible.

You ended up seeing a great movie and missing a shit basketball game.

Then I chose correctly then!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I can't wait for the local hour of Leb show today.

Stugotz, Mike, Chris ect... are gonna be sooo salty and Dan can play the I told you so card. LoL

phanphare

Banned
I don't get whiteside. I've never seen so much discrepancy between games. one game he looks engaged and dominant and the next he looks bored and sluggish.

I hope the hornets don't go after him, we don't need a 7 foot lance stephenson on our team

Ryuuga

Banned
I'm glad JV showed up. He'll likely be big factor in any forthcoming wins. Hes honestly the only person that's been consistently hangry on the raps

Damn. Derozan and Lowry were awful. Still praying that Masai wont give Derozan a max

Someone will pay him. And then what? There are no alternatives for the raps - let him go for nothing? EVERYONE has cap space next year. It's not about the player alone - it's about the market.

Best for raps to hope to draft well, and then hope those rooks develop. As contracts come due (Lowry, DD) in a 3-4 years, you hope your former draft picks can step into the starter role.

Worst case? Team wins ~50 games every year
but gets booted in round 1 or 2 annually. Best case, is, well, this season, and they actually get to the ECF.

Let's be clear: nobody is winning the championship if you're not named GS, Cavs, Spurs, and MAYBE OKC if one of GS or Spurs gets an injury.

It's rare players are "worth it" these days. Occasionally you get a Draymond green or Tim Duncan who takes a lesser salary.

El Topo

In a good year OKC could win it, they just need Durant and Westbrook to finally get their shit together in the playoffs.

Fjordson

Marc Stein says Spurs may try to make a serious attempt at getting Durant. Fuuuck.

NBA needs to step in there, would be unfair. Unless he comes to Golden State. That'd be fair. Just not San Antonio.

h1nch

Marc Stein says Spurs may try to make a serious attempt at getting Durant. Fuuuck.

NBA needs to step in there, would be unfair. Unless he comes to Golden State. That'd be fair. Just not San Antonio.

What's crazy is that this talk started somewhat recently as nothing more than your typical "league sources tell us" BS that always gets thrown around.

Yet in the last 2 weeks the general tone of articles written discussing the KD to Spurs possibility has an eerie similarity to last year's LMA sweepstakes. I think the KD quote from last week where he heaped praise on Pop set off a lot of signals among the NBA media.

I still don't think it will happen (I honestly just cannot comprehend a team being loaded w/ that much talent. Even in a world in which the 2016 Warriors exist)

So Kawhi shifts to the 2 guard or does LMA play center?

Not that it matters since it's KD..

Gigglepoo

Marc Stein says Spurs may try to make a serious attempt at getting Durant. Fuuuck

Oh no! Then we'd have to listen to old NBA writers/players whine that today's star want to play with the rivals instead of vanquishing them. Even though Wilt, Kareem, Barkley, Shaq, Drexler, and tons of other older players did the same thing!

effzee

Oh no! Then we'd have to listen to old NBA writers/players whine that today's star want to play with the rivals instead of vanquishing them. Even though Wilt, Kareem, Barkley, Drexler, and tons of other older players did the same thing!

No that is only reserved for Lebron did it. From fans, analysts, and writers you won't hear nearly as much if it were to happen.

Any other superstar does it it won't matter as much.

Gigglepoo

No that is only reserved for Lebron did it. From fans, analysts, and writers you won't hear nearly as much if it were to happen.

Any other superstar does it it won't matter as much.

Michael Wilbon was complaining about Durant potentially going to GS just last week. And then he shat on millennials and analytics.

effzee

Michael Wilbon was complaining about Durant potentially going to GS just last week. And then he shat on millennials and analytics.

Again don't think it will happen but I'd love to see the reaction here if he did.

All hell broke loose when Lebron went to Miami as if he betrayed the very foundations of basketball, human morality, and posters here called him all sorts of name.

If Durant went to Spurs LOL I'd like to see the reactions.

I can't believe how bad the Raptors can be, their "star players" playing absolute crap, and yet still winning against any team in the playoffs.

Even if MIA turns the ball over so much, they really do not deserve to win, the Raptors that is.

The fakest All-Stars on any team are on Toronto, and they absolutely do not deserve to have players like JV/Carroll/Cojo as a supporting cast.

The amount of times these guys were bailed out by JV's exceptional hustle in the playoffs is mind-boggling.

It's just so damn frustrating. The way the Raptors team is utilized is so damn inefficient. In a team game, with no elite iso-players, the Raptors coaching staff insists on letting these loose cannons try to throw games.....

The sad thing is I know this is what it means to be a Toronto Sports fan. Nothing will make sense. Ever.

I can't believe how bad the Raptors can be, their "star players" playing absolute crap, and yet still winning against any team in the playoffs.

Even if MIA turns the ball over so much, they really do not deserve to win, the Raptors that is.

The fakest All-Stars on any team are on Toronto, and they absolutely do not deserve to have players like JV/Carroll/Cojo as a supporting cast.

The amount of times these guys were bailed out by JV's exceptional hustle in the playoffs is mind-boggling.

It's just so damn frustrating. The way the Raptors team is utilized is so damn inefficient. In a team game, with no elite iso-players, the Raptors coaching staff insists on letting these loose cannons try to throw games.....

The sad thing is I know this is what it means to be a Toronto Sports fan. Nothing will make sense. Ever.
They don't have "it".

Fjordson

I think Lowry's injury or whatever's going on has really fucked 'em up. DeRozan's always been a bad shot maker, but with Lowry now unable to do anything it puts more pressure on DeRozan and he's sort of fallen off the cliff with all the shots he's taking as far as efficiency.

Vanillalite

Mike soooo mad on Leb today lol

He was like Raps were legit shook and Miami let them take all those extra shots. LoL

I would think Durant would entertain Boston more than the Spurs...He would be the de facto alpha dog on that team chocked full of solid role players and a really good young head coach.. Also, the Eastern playoff bracket would be easier to climb.

Fjordson

Sports fans tend to hate their show, but I think it's gold. You don't go there for big sports breakdown and analysis. You go to listen cause of Stugotz.

#NoStarbucksInCanada
Yeah it's great. Mike is great also.

And LeBatard is good at delving into social issue type stuff around sports. Stuff you don't hear about on ESPN usually.

Vanillalite

Tonight's game is pretty important. Do the Hawks show the world that they aren't pushovers or continue to be LeBron's practice squad?

Well they are a worse team than last year, and we saw how many games they won last year.

#ItsOver #FuckMe #BaseballSeason #BravesSux #AtlSports

RBH

I'm going to the Hawks/Cavs game tonight. Got some tickets from a family friend.

Coincidentally, the last Hawks game that I attended was during last year's Hawks/Cavs series (Game 2, iirc).

I'm expecting it to be a complete shitshow tonight.

But as a long-time Hawks fan, I'm ready to go down with the ship.

*salutes*

Vanillalite

Cavs have won the last 10 playoff games against the Hawks.

#StillBoned

Like RBH I'm gonna watch anyways. That's what us Atlanta sport's fans do. We're use to this.

Gigglepoo

As opposed to any other year?

The West usually is stronger and there's usually more than one team in the East worth a damn. The Pacers kept pushing the Heat, remember? Now it's just blah. Everyone out West is old or injured and the East is too young and inexperienced to really put up a fight. Or there are choking dogs like Atlanta and Toronto.

I really hope Detroit, Milwaukee, and Orlando bubble up soon. It'd be nice to have some competition out East.

Why do you have a press conference, in which you say absolutely nothing. Jesus Christ. Nobody even wanted a press conference, yet you call one to tlak about nothing.

#Lakerslogic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom