• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Playoffs |OT| AKA Derrick Rose's family time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar FC

cavs are too good

the title is ours

LeBronBoshLaughSloMoLakers.gif

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I don't understand how you keep leaving players open for threes. I'd rather take two pointer Than a three, stay on your man!!

lol @ Atlanta thuggery.

I don't understand how you keep leaving players open for threes. I'd rather take two pointer Than a three, stay on your man!!

It's the advantage slashing, penetrating point guards provide for their team. Someone is going to be open since the D has to collapse on the penetration. Nobody does it better than Kyrie and Westbook, IMO. And everyone on CLE can shoot except for Thompson it appears.

I am loving the Cavs ability to close. I know it will be just overlooked as the other team is not as good but when they need a play, or a big shot they are making them.

agree with that. they look like killers in these playoffs so far.

Barkley's happy now.

Undoubtedly smiling now.

Aww, little Teague is salty.

he did his job, more or less. hard to beat CLE. they're a good team and put a lot of pressure on opposing offenses to keep up. especially when they're doing what Lue wants and keeps pushing.

Missed most the game, saw Cavs were behind early, what happened?

about 20 more threes, some timely ATL misses and some good defense. ATL's loss tonight wasn't for a lack of trying. It was CLE's ability to continue to rain 3's. Channing Frye had at least 25 tonight, almost all from behind the arc.

jman2050

It's basically just a question of whether Cleveland will drop a game before the Finals.

Toronto/Miami aren't gonna do jack.

It's funny to think Miami can play with Cleveland.

I think it's always reasonable to respect a roster with Dwayne Wade on it. I agree it's a different matter entirely without Bosh, but they are respectable. I will respect the threat of MIA until we're up 3-1 or something like that. It is unlikely, however, that they'll be able to score with us I agree. But MIA's front court will have a better series than they're having against Toronto. Valenchunas (sp) is the best center in the East remaining in these playoffs and Whiteside won't have to worry about being abused in the paint anymore after dealing with Jefferson and Valenchunas. Thompson/Love will be like a breath of fresh air for him.

It will be a more interesting series than the Hawks have provided (with respect to their amazing game 3 effort tonight).

Warriors switching does defend the 3 line well and they allowed the lowest number of catch & shoot 3's per game in the NBA this year.

I don't know if that stat will matter at all. Both teams have penetrating guards that can create opportunities for shooters. Neither team relies on "catch & shoot 3's". They just...take them as they feel like it. Open, contested. Shit doesn't matter. Everyone on both teams would get the looks they want. Whether they hit them and with what level of proficiency would decide the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom